Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning it"s Wednesday November 12' 2008

Daily discussions.
MAWmum

Re: Good Morning it"s Wednesday November 12' 2008

Post by MAWmum » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:56 am

Its supposed to rain/snow all morning here the rest of the week its supposed to warm up into the 50's so it wont stay but it makes today cold and miserable.

The kids cold got better enough they could go to school today, I am still stuffy but it seems to be getting better. I may even get some housework and quilting done.

Chriss my prayers are with you.

kho

Post by kho » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:08 am

Hello.
It's rainy and cold and the corn picker is broke-somewhere between a kerplunk and a kerblewey. Dh and DS3 are here and not busy. My little mind is thinking it might be a good day to have them move a set back cupboard so I can clean behind it. Of course this means I need to empty it, so it will be clean inside and out. Also want to do a bit of painting. Sewing is always needed. Of course next week is the week before TG and I will have to do some major cleaning then. My new washermachine and dryer are going to be in around the 18!! I will have a machine big enough to wash a quilt!! It's a top loader with out a thingamabob in the middle of it. Have a good day.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:53 am

Ok....I need a break to stretch and think. Thought I'd see what else is happening here while I'm up.

Sandy.....Congratulations on getting your new chairs.

kho.....Let me know how that new machine does with no agitator.

Chriss.....I'm rooting for you. I need to quit, but haven't set my mind to it yet. My DH still smokes also and I can't get him to commit to smoking outside yet. I think I could do it if I didn't have to smell his when he lights up.

BBL

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:02 am

Break is over......back to sewing.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:17 am

Good afternoon...I posted an important message in chit chat...please read it and do it....My heart is broken over this .

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:51 am

Hi all Im back yes grammie I read your Important message I am halfway through my quilt top and I need to take A break for a while so Im on here and watching NCIS FOR A WHILE I also have to cook dinner so I think that may be it for today IM STARTING TO GET TIRED and don't want to make mistakes hopefully tommrow is another day well have a great night and will get back before I retire for the night.

fabricgirl

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:53 pm

Good Afternoon...

I just want to say I love you girls... really.... you are so so supportive... and very necessary in my life.

Grammie, yes I am still at it... but boy am I ever hungry all the time... guess I used to smoke instead of eat... I need to work on a diet of somekind maybe Atkins to start then WW to keep it off... is that dumb.....

Cindy, it doesn't bother me to talk about it.. but boy have I been not going outside.. DH smokes and we used to both go outside right after dinner well, I don't go anymore.... and my breaks at work I would sit in my car and smoke... now I read my quilt books.... I think I need to get rid of some quilt books... I have way too many.

WEll Rosebud, how did it go? did you sew all day??? I sure hope you were able to get to sounds like a perfect day. when you and DH are ready you will quit...I must admit it is harder with him still smoking and me not.... but I can do this... dog gone it....

Maw, thanks for the prayers... could you throw in one about me getting thinner????? glad the kids are well enough for school.... bet they are glad too.

Kho, what a cool washingmachine you will have.....when I travel to Ill I will bring my dirty quilts for washing.... I visit in Olney and LIncoln... are you close to either of those?

Sandy, are they living room chairs??? did you post a bragging picture.... there is a rule... you must brag and to do it right you have to post a bragging picture....

hope you all have a super evening, I will check up on you later.

Chriss

Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Back for another break....

Chriss.....Yes I have been sewing all day, or at least most of it. I stopped and took a nap for about 45 minutes. Now I am going to fix some supper and back to sewing. I only have 8 more of the 'footballs' left to finish. HURRAY!!!

Grammy.....I read your post in chit chat. I agree with you. It is something everyone should know. Crazy thing is even when people do know it, they don't use it because of being sued if something goes wrong.

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:27 pm

I am so very glad that you ladies (and gentlemen?) are here...you don't know me, but I've been reading your posts and trying to picture you and the areas you live in. Today we had a crisis at school, one of my students was killed in a motorcycle accident, and it was really tough for all of us. He was such a good kiddo, and will be trully missed. But the whole way home, I had good feelings that he is in a better place, and I just knew I could get online and y'all would make me feel better. I read over your posts, and some made me laugh so hard I could forget for a little bit that he was gone. And some made me just put a picture in my head (what's a cornpicker?) and gave me something else to think about.

Marilynsgrammy, you don't give up! Your my hero!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Evening i am finally up in my sewing room for a while....Chriss keep it up don't worry about the weight it will decrease...right now you are subbing food for the other things(we won't say it out loud) You can DO IT!!!!!(CHEERING)

I will try to do a little sewing....still waiting on word about my friend...

Return to “Sew ins”