Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning it"s Wednesday November 12' 2008

Daily discussions.
Leetec

Re: Good Morning it"s Wednesday November 12' 2008

Post by Leetec » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:09 pm

Hi everyone! I did quite a bit of sewing today. I got up at 7 to see my Dd off to college and then I sat right down and finished KatieKola's RR so I could get it sent out today. Then I started cutting triangles for two I Spy quilts I want to get done ASAP.

Does anyone have GP's address? I had it in my inbox but I forgot to write it down and now it's gone.

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:10 pm

Chris, How can you have too many quilt books? lol

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:24 pm

OH Rosebud, I so so envy you right now... a whole sew day.... I can't even imagine anything better....

grammiequilts... thanks.. it is great to have my own cheerleaders... and today I didn't even have a lifesaver.. yep, no cig, no lifesavers, no gum.... taaa daaaa.... I am going to do this

Mommyquilts... I am so so sorry for the loss of your student... I am in no way a hero... hero's are the people who make a special impression in others lives... military people, firemen, policemen and teachers who make us strive to be the best we can be.... those are real hero's and I am sure you were one of the special hero's in this student's life... I will pray for his mom and dad... how hard this must be for them.....

As for a cornpicker..... I asked if it was one of Kho's sons or a machine... and she's not tellin..... hope it's not like a nitpicker... or a henpicker... oh, guess taht would be hen pecker... either way it just doesn't sound right.... I think it is a big green machine with Deere written in yellow...

Chriss
Psalm 91

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:26 pm

Lee, I am such a dork.... we went to the library book sale and it was two books for a buck... so I figured what the heck... I will buy books with patterns and blocks and I spent maybe $5 but have 10 books... then I have other pattern books where I have made one quilt and won't make the rest....

I even have magazines where I have torn out patterns I like and the rest of the magazine sits there....

I was amazed at how many pattern type books the library had...

Chriss
Psalm 91

Leetec

Post by Leetec » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:29 pm

I'm sure I have more patterns then any 20 people could possibly make in a lifetime but it sure is fun to collect them and be inspired. :)
good night everyone, I'm beat. Have a good night! Be safe and happy
God bless...

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:30 pm

Good Night Lee, sleep well

Chriss
Psalm 91

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:59 pm

mommyquilts it is terrible to hear about the loss of a young life. I know when there is a death at a school it impacts everyone. I hope we can bring you some smiles...

and it is warm in my part of the country :)

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:07 pm

Well, I finally made it. Better late than never. Had small guild tonight and got part for of the mystery quilt. It is another 100 HST's. I may never make another one after this. It even forced me to use Thangles, which I consider cheating.
Found out that it may take until January but we may be getting rid of 3 of the 4 biggest behavioral problems in the class. I end up sitting in the hall with one of them for hours at a time. Not good.
Chriss, keep it up!! You are doing great!!
Think I'll go foraging in the kitchen for dessert. Then will go hit the sack. It's been a long day.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:26 pm

Dear Mommyquilts, It has been a sad day all the way around...You have lost a student a young life gone.. a close friend of mine will be gone shortly, on a respirator, they are making decisions as we speak,,,,,,
Life is so hard to understand sometimes. God doesn't always answer our questions just our prayers. Ipray for this young mans family and everyone else here.....And CHRISS>>>>RAH RAH RAH>>>>I KNOW YOU CAN,!!!!

Good night all,XXXOOOJudi

kho

Post by kho » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:40 pm

LOl Oh Chriss, the corn picker is a machine, and it's really, really old, it's called a uni.It's a self propelled model. As for John Deere-not on this farm--we're mostly reds!!! We just found out one of our running gears was discontined in the 40's. Yikes!
Congratulations on the quitting smoking. you can do it.
I'm sorry to hear about the death of the student. That's hard.
My sympathy to Pam to, on the loss of her dad.
It's been a good day here. DH ate too much for supper and then was miserable at church. I told him he should have married a lousy cook.
DS3 scratched his hand up trying to work on the corn picker. His head is feeling better.
It's sorta cold out, just the right temp for stepping outside when the hot flashes hit!! I may not be able to toast marshmellows, but I sure could make them gooey!!!LOL

Return to “Sew ins”