Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

happy tuesday 11/11/08

Daily discussions.
cindyg

Re: happy tuesday 11/11/08

Post by cindyg » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:55 am

Luv2 - I was sick for month after my pneumonia shot last year.

Mommyquilts - one drained can of salmon, some chopped onion, a dash of garlic, chopped celery or celery salt, 2 eggs, a little milk and bread crumbs or crushed crackers. I make the pattie then plop it down in some bread crumbs and fry them. Nothing fancy, just another way to fix canned salmon. I can eat it straight out of the can myself but DH doesn't like that.

My left side is hurting today. I'm thinking my little bitty kidney stone is on the move.

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:36 am

Thank you Cindyg. My mom probably did what you did, only she tried to streamline it into something we wouldn't recognize as salmon. We were picky eaters growing up, but gosh, I love all that food that I fussed about when I was little. I'm dumb!

Hey, the sun came out! I might actually get my laundry to dry on the line!

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:50 am

Good afternoon all. Nothing new going on here today. Getting ready to go home from work and maybe some sewing tonight BBL

Brenda

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:03 am

I'll be at work another hour then I'm off to the grocery store if it's not pouring down rain.

I'm listening to Christmas music on a real neat site: the RADIO.com

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:34 am

Goodevening all I just popped back in to see how everyone is doing I needed to take a brake and also have to fold 2 loads of laundry and cook dinner and hopefully after I do all of this I can go back to my quilt top Im now in the process of putting it together hopefully before the weekend I will be abel to send it to the LA as I need it for an xmas gift for DS Cindy G I was in KMart yesterday and couldn't believe that they were playing Xmas music already what happen to thanksgiving .

Will pop back in later.

fabricgirl

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:27 pm

Cindyg........which one did you click on.........they are having trouble loading and playing what I requested. I love Christmas music and it does help (along with some rain/snow) to get in the mood. LOL
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:35 pm

Finished supper...dishes done...sewed the binding on a quilt now I will hand sew while I watch the hockey game. I have had Christmas music on for the last few days....here we have a station that plays non stop christmas untill 12 25.....I love it.....went through the lights today and threw out about 5 strings....about average for the years. Tomorrow I will go out and see if they have the kind I like...I will try to get the outside lights up before it gets too cold...NO I WILL NOT LIGHT THEM TILL AFTER THANKSGIVING. See ya all later......
Cindy just got puter music that is too cool

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks Grammie,

Xteacher, how wonderful to be a shut in... even if it's only for a little while...

Kho, how was mom's appt? and how is the son who bumped his head because of a 'onery cow??? is that the son who is a corn picker who it broke???? or were you talking a machine???lol... reminds me of honey all over the celler floor.... I love your stories.... it is fun to laugh with you...never a dull moment....

Thanks Sandy, I go out side and breathe a lot....

Cindyg... I am not big on Salmon but I wonder if I could sub crab for the Salmon in your recipe... sounds good.

Dh has dinner ready... my favorite... white beans with ham, fried potatoes and corn bread... hope you all have a great dinner.

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:06 pm

Good evening. First chance I've had to get on. Hope everyone had a lovely and thoughtful Veteran's Day. Our city schools were closed yesterday - Cinti. is a little strange. When I was a librarian, we were open for all the board considered "minor" holidays. Go figure.
I'm watching DWTS, then will go sew a little. Want to get something done before guild tomorrow night.
Wish someone would lock me in my sewing room. I could use a personal retreat.
Have a good evening all. I miss talking more, but my life is a circus right now. It will calm down.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:54 pm

good evening....
I had the day off from school today so I covered 1/2 day at a local hospital
then
met Buttercup for lunch and she and I decided to go to the LQS that is closing so...we were going to meet at my house and take one car..and since we had to pass by a quilt store a couple of blocks from my house we met there first...
then went to the closing store where both of use burned plastic.....
then off to a sewing machine store so Buttercup could pick up a free motion quilting foot that she had ordered for her Pfaff...
finally home at 5pm...fun huh??

Return to “Sew ins”