Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

happy tuesday 11/11/08

Daily discussions.
mommyquilts

Re: happy tuesday 11/11/08

Post by mommyquilts » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:22 am

Cindyg, how do you make your salmon patties? my mom used to put the canned salmon in the blender, but I don't know the other ingredients. It was similar to pancake mix and pan fried them. I've never found the receipe and she's passed away a long time ago.

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:59 am

I am shut in my sewing room again today while they put tile in six rooms and carpet in two. The bedrooms (my sewing room is a converted bedroom) are the only place safe. So I need an idea for my hair dresser. I have made her handmade Christmas gifts for about eight years now and she now looks forward every year to see what I will come up with. Her new shop has Paris decor, so I have purchased some stuff at Hobby Lobby that says Paris, year before lastI had just purchased Embird, so I did some Eiffel Towers with her shop name arranged around them, last year were snowmen towels, I have done denim ornaments with a family of snowmen and their family names, I did a curling iron bag ,etc. I had thought about a holiday tablerunner, but my daughter didn't seem to think that was a good idea because our tastes might not match. Any suggestions?????

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:09 am

What about a wallhanging? It could be Christmas, or you could go with a themed print that follows the Paris design? It wouldn't have to be huge.

kho

Post by kho » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:57 am

Good morning everyone. The cornpicker is broke, yet again. We are leaving in an hour to pick up my Mom and take her to an eye dr. appointment. She's an hour away and the dr's office is further. That's ok. We are finally getting to do something to help her out. Do keep her in your prayers as it's nearly a year since Dad passed and she has been having a rough time, health, bills, unlimited paper work, and jerks when dealing with the life insurance papers. After that we are headed to my piano lessons and then home. I have been so busy sewing my house is a mess. OK, so I'm not an immaculate housekeeper, but this is bad. So I may clean, or maybe sew. I vote for sewing, the family will be here in 2 weeks for TG and I can clean for that-why do it twice-right?? See you guys later.

moma_lolaham

Post by moma_lolaham » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:04 am

Good Morning all. And may God bless our Vets and all our troops who keep us safe and protected and keep our country free. I'm about to go to the church to do a little work. Then maybe I'll get some sewing done. My Pastor's wife asked me Sunday night if I would make a few more costumes for our Children's Christmas program this year. I said I would so I hope she picks an easy pattern so I can get them finished on time. So I guess I'll be really busy the next few weeks.
Have a great day everyone.
Lawanna
Daughter of WWII Vet

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:36 am

Hello Everyone....Happy Veterans Day!
Hope all is well In Your little part of the world...It's cloudy here..supposed to rain...I feel draggy today..Got that pneumonia shot and it's effecting me some....Kinda got a headache...hummmmm...hopefully i will get to work on my quilting this evening...well..You sweet Ladies have a good Day!...Beverly

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:00 am

Good morning Gray and overcast here it is supposed to rain today, get really nasty tomorrow and then be nice for Thursday and Friday.

I shampooed my carpets yesterday. Never ceases to amaze me how dirty they get. Sewing is on my agenda today I should finish niece #2 quilt to the point of doing the binding. I think I will post a picture and ask for opinions on the binding. I am, thinking about using a color that has not been used in the quilt at all but does coordinate nicely. DD says that it too 'shocking', but I kinda like it.

Chriss Hang in there the first two weeks are the worst. It helps to take deep breaths when you feel the need for a smoke, it relaxes you.

Evie

Post by Evie » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:57 am

Happy Veterans Day!

I called my brother this morning and wished him a Happy Veterans Day. He served in Vietnam. He's still not doing well. He never did have back surgery. Everytime the doctors tried to schedule it, his white blood cell count was too high. Now it seems that the sciatic nerve healed on it's own, but he's sick and they can't determine what's wrong. He's had MRI's, CAT scans, bone marrow tests. The doctors have pretty much ruled out cancer. But they still don't know if he has an infection anywhere. He's back to working. He didn't sound like he was well enough to work but when you own your own business with only two people working it (him and his DW) there's not much choice.

I want to thank Sharron/IowaGal again for discussing his medical problems a while back. I don't remember if I thank you properly Sharron. So much stuff was happening back then with both my brother and my own medical problems that I have a tendancy to forget whether I had done something or not. Being anemic might have contributed to my forgetfulness.

I also did my patriotic duty this morning. I took my son's sleeping bags to the laundromat so he could have clean ones for his weekend warrior training this weekend. He's meets himself coming and going he's so busy. He works a 40 week at the hospital (night shift) and is also taking 18 hours at college plus doing his weekend warrior stuff. I help him out by doing his laundry for him.

I'm getting ready to go on a FART! Have coupons for Hancock's and Joanne's. Plus I will get my flu shot this afternoon - yuck!

Everybody have a wonderful day.

And you Californians - enjoy your warm whether and be thinking of us freezing out this way!

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:41 am

afternoon all I am trying to wipe out the cold that is running through the family over and overm SO I am lysoling everything and bleaching everything else.

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:47 am

Hi all Im finally home and got another wash on so in a little bit I will be going into the room and start getting back to my LK quilt almost done with the D blocks and moveing on to the e blocks I really miss my sister and she is only gone 3 days oh well enough of that so all have a good afternoon and yes thank god for our vets my husband is 1 .

fabricgirl

Return to “Sew ins”