Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

happy tuesday 11/11/08

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

happy tuesday 11/11/08

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:15 am

hope you all have a wonderful day... thanks for all the support yesterday...

and today is Veterens day... woo hoo.... God bless them all

Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

Georgiapeach

Re: happy tuesday 11/11/08

Post by Georgiapeach » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:32 am

Good morning, Chriss! Yes, God Bless our veterans, we owe so much to them! I'm going to finish a flannel duvet cover for my son today, we've had freezes the past two nights, so he will certainly enjoy it! I have been in a real funk the past couple months thru our move because I haven't been able to sew or work on Christmas projects, so I am sooooo anxious to dive back in! I hadn't realized just how good quilting is for me until I wasn't able to do it....it makes a big difference in my attitude. I've been cranky as a bear and I really need to start working on projects and get my silly self cheered up! LOL! I am tired of packing and unpacking and FINALLY have my sewing room finished enough to start playing....woo-hoo! My family is going to be as thrilled as I am! ROFLOL! Ya'll have a good day!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:36 am

Good morning Chriss.

Amen.....God bless ALL of our veterans and our soldiers serving now.

Today I will be writing a worklist for my group of people at work and drop it off with a manager at work, run by store and pick up a few groceries and treats for my fur babies, then come home and get some chores done. After that I will be concentrating on getting some sewing done on my quilt. I haven't had time to even look at it since Wednesday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. BBL

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:44 am

Good morning GP. It is always a good thing when we have things (like quilting/sewing)in our lives that help keep us cheered up and positive. I have noticed that since I got started quilting and since I found this forum that I have been happier and more calm again. It gives me something to look forward to besides just work all the time. LOL I am glad you are finally getting to get back in the swing of things.

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:14 am

Thanks for all the Veterans and current military and families. Because of your sacrifice we enjoy the freedoms we have today.

God Bless You All.

Debbie
daughter of WWII Army Vet
mother of USAF Vet
aunt of USAF vet
Debbie Forseth
:D

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:26 am

Morning all...God Bless our Veterans including my son. Chriss today is another day...Just think about that great big FART you can go on....I am rooting for you.....Gp quilting is the ultimate therapy for me and my DH LOL.
Rosebud try to take some time for yourself today....all work and no play makes ,,,,,,,well you get the picture.

I will continue machine quilting a twin today and put binding on another quilt for Christmas.....
My big project.....(It's not nice to throw things!!!) is to go through the Christmas lights and replace what isn't working today....Love ya's

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:55 am

Good morning everyone. Woke up this morning and had gotten dressed. But, I couldn't figure out why I was cold. I looked at the thermostat and it was 64 degrees inside. After work I will be working on a quilt that's for a christmas present. Enjoy the day everyone
Suzette58
Suzette

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:04 am

Good morning all! It never did snow, not that I'm complaining. There's no school today, but I got up early anyway...forgot to tell the cats to let me sleep in. I'm impressed when I see all that people are doing today...helps me raise the bar for myself. I was working on the houses for the swap, but maybe I will finish a top instead. Stay warm today!

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:07 am

My hands and legs were really hurting yesterday, neuropathy, I suppose. Anyway, after a tall kaluha and ream Ken gave me two of his neurontin and sent me to bed. I slept 12 hours straight and woke up at 7:30! That nerontin really works, but today i feel stoned out of my mind, my head is not clear and I am dizzy as heck. I noe remember why i quit taking my own rx for that stuff! I think I will go upstairs and try to get that quilting machine working, I changed thread and am back to bird nesting on the back. Don't know how successful I will be since I am not in this world at the moment.
I hate feeling this way, I don't understand why people use drugs to actually feel like this, I think it is awful!

Happy veterans day to all veterans, especialy my son and husband.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:08 am

Good morning everyone. Veterans and military families past and present I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Our country is the very best place to live thanks to you.

It was pouring down rain after work yesterday so I didn't go to the grocery. Went home and cooked salmon patties. Had the canned salmon stocked for hurricane food. Last night I was able to work on my Pink Lemonade quilt for a while until Boston Legal came on at 9:00. This is that show's last season, dang it. It's so funny at times - last night I laughed and cried. Every time I like a show it gets cancelled.

Y'all have a quilty day. Pam, defunk yourself - sew more.

Return to “Sew ins”