Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Monday everyone November 10 th

Daily discussions.
mommyquilts

Re: Happy Monday everyone November 10 th

Post by mommyquilts » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:04 pm

Good for you sewcarolyn! Did you get something you've been eyeing?

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:15 pm

Dear Chriss, Quitting smoking was the best thing I ever did years ago . But It was hard. then I had to wash all my fabric because it smelled like cigarettes but worth it, I CAN BREATHE. I will pray daily for you success....one day at a time.....Just think of all that fabric you can buy with the cigarette money. My DH put 3 dollars in a jar for everyday I didn't light up and When it got to 250.00 I went shopping for fabric and notions and it was well worth it.

mommyquilts

Post by mommyquilts » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:17 pm

grammiequilts....$250....wow! That's dedication! I would have spent it when it got to $50....nicely done!

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:35 pm

thanks grammiequilts and mommiequilts... it is hard... especially after dinner....

I have been eating lemon drops and life savers.... I will quit..

Wow, $250??? I think I am with Mommiequilts... I would have spent it at $50...lol

thanks
Chriss
Psalm 91

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:02 pm

Good luck to those of you quitting. It is really hard. I know from experience that if you start again, it will be harder the second time.
However, it is completely worth it! Warning, it's been 5 years and there are still days I would kill for one. However, I know how much better I feel and just let the urge pass. You have my fullest support.

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Marilynsgrammy, sending lots & lots of {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}. I am starting on year 5. Hang in there it is well worth it just to breath instead of cough, cough, cough....... The other best part is not having to take a break from sewing and cleaning. I never got back to the sewing and cleaning.....

Sharon V.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:34 pm

I was determined to get past 200 bucks just to say I did....It was sooo much fun picking out that much quilting stuff and fabric. You can do it .....XXXOOOJudi
Going night night now Buh Buy

cyberspacequilter

Post by cyberspacequilter » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Chriss,
Been there and done that. I am one of those people that liked to smoke. I liked to sit and talk and smoke and laugh. I finally quit 4 1/2 years ago. It wasn't easy...I had smoked since college and I am 60 now. My doctor was thrilled despite the significant weight gain in the last few years. He said he rather I be fat than smoking so I took him at his word and I am fat...really fat. Now my doctor has the nerve to say that I need to lose weight and I told him he needed to make up his mind...LOL just kidding.
It is not easy but it is liberating in some ways...my sister-in-law confessed that to me and not the others in our family that hounded us for smoking. It does give you time that you were losing by finding time and a place to smoke. I didn't smoke in the car, I didn't smoke in the house, I didn't smoke in front of the family children and in the winter, I looked like a street person huddled on the porch puffing away...I couldn't even taste it for the cold. I kept limiting myself until it wasn't worth the effort.
I found it helped to put one of those lozenges in my mouth when I was craving a cig. I didn't use them like the directions on the package but used them like they were a cigarette and would keep one on a saucer by the sewing machine or computer and pick it up when I was having a crave....
Any way...Good Luck and you can do it if the time is right for you.
Cyber-Sue

Return to “Sew ins”