Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Monday everyone November 10 th

Daily discussions.
Oasis

Re: Happy Monday everyone November 10 th

Post by Oasis » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:05 am

Good Morning from So. Cal............................

"T" and Ann are probably getting ready to leave for their Julian retreat this morning.

We had rain yesterday and it was so welcome. Starting today we have another "Santa Ana" (hot dry winds and weather) starting again. Our mountains got an inch of rain so the fire danger should be a little less.

I'm going to start shredding the old and set up the new filing for 2009 and get things sorted for H & R block. Then I want to finish up my Christmas cards so they are ready.

I've not bought a "kit" before but am thinking about it for my New Year's Day project. I like to have something all ready, fabric, pattern so I can just go and start the new year with a new project after I watch the parade on TV.

Everyone have a wonderful day..............

Linda/Oasis
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:44 am

Good Morning everyone. Sounds like a busy day planned by all. We too had a light rain during the night and it is dark & dreary this morning with more rain expected today. Very cool temps which is about right for this time of year. Well it looks like we are in for maybe severe thunderstorms. Yuck! I don't like that.

Have a load of laundry to do & that is about it for housework. I am going to spend the day cutting & sewing. Yeah!!!!!!! Oasis what kit are you thinking of buying? I've not bought kits before until the Houston Show this year. I'm excited to start one but not until after the 1st of the year. I bought from Bonnie Blue. CW kits. Yummy.

Well better go check out the rest of the forum and then get busy. Hope you all have a safe, pleasant, productive Monday. Look for the positives in all that you do.

Hugs

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:44 am

Good Morning!!

We had cold wind yesterday. Today is calm. It is in the mid 50s here so we really cannot complain.

I finally got busy cleaning the sewing room this morning and now am rewarding myself with some sewing time. I do need to go to grocery store sometime today and I have a dentist appointment, but mostly I plan on sewing.

Have a good day everyone!

moma_lolaham

Post by moma_lolaham » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:24 am

Good Morning all. It's chilly here today with rain expected. My hubby is on vacation this week. He has some chores to do this week around the house, but today we are driving to Irving to an arts center to look at some quilts that a guild is showing there. After we are going out to eat. It will be nice because I will be getting away from the house and my mom for a while. I take care of her and sometimes it gets a little overwhelming although I'm glad I still have her with me. Maybe I'll get a little sewing in today also. Have a good day everyone.
Lawanna

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:20 am

Good afternoon ev1 it is a cold day today. Now i can do what every i need to do now im done with hosting swaps. I will be in my sewing room and not do anything else but sew my butt off i wont have time to chat or come on the forum. You all have a nice and safe holiday this year. keep sewing ev1. Sarah

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:25 am

It is cold here in Kentucky today also. I hate to be out in it but I sure don't mind it when I am in my home all bundled up. It just feels comfy to me. I have to work at Joann's also 3 nights this week on top of my main job so I guess I will be tired.

I did start on a memory quilt I am doing for a client yesterday and it is my first one but I am really enjoying doing it. It is fun to put together my own thing with the clothing and the colors are so warm. I just know it is going to turn out very nice. I think I even have enough clothing to use it for the backing also. The woman's father died last year and all the kids went in to have this made for their mother. I really hope she can get alot of comfort out of it when she has it around her the cold winter days and nights.

Brenda

apolta

Post by apolta » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:53 am

Hi everyone... reading about everyone's snow and rain is making me feel bad about complaining about our "cold" it was around 65 yesterday... I will now stop complaining... LOL

Mary... glad you got all your chores done... and hope you get some sewing in...

Xteacher... enjoy being "locked up" in your sewing room! :)

Grammiequilts... Christmas music... SERIOUSLY??? LOL! I guess it is right around the corner huh... maybe I should put on some music and maybe I could get all my presents finished...

Linda... do you know what the final plans are for the meet and greet? What time were you planning on going up? And do you know the name of the italian place? I would like a name to put in the GPS... I can't wait to meet everyone! Yippee!

Carol... Good for you rewarding yourself with sewing time! :)

Well better go get busy with Jake's schoolwork... we are also working on his Wolf Cub Badge... but hopefully I will get to squeeze in some sewing time while Kyle is napping today!

Everyone have a terrific day and hopefully a productive sewing day!!!

Big Hugs!
-Alina-

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:14 am

Hi all,
Have been cleaning...Took Justin to get his flu shot and pneumonia shot...I had them give me the pneumonia shot.//Last year I had Pneumonia..so, better safe than sorry....well everyone take care.......Bev

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:20 am

Alina,

Just left you a PM. Tul said she will be there by 10:00 (at the restaurant) so we can help with the signature patches. I'm meeting my friend (she comes up from Borrego desert) at about 10 at Dudley's then we will drive up to Julian together (only about 10 minutes). Once we find a parking spot then we will look for everyone. I left you my cell # so just call when you get to the edge of town and we will look for you to cruise by.

The side streets will be easier to park on and less bodies milling about. LOL

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:36 am

It has been a slow day/week at the clinic. This is always a slow time of year, but you can tell the economy is tanking. we have 6 appointments scheduled for the ENTIRE week! We had one walk in this am and a horse call this afternoon... so all I can do is think of all the sewing i COULD be doing at home!

I have to stain the bathroom trim tonight so I can varnish and install it tomorrow.. tomorrow sewing is definitely on the agenda.

Return to “Sew ins”