Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning- November 9

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Good Morning- November 9

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:20 am

I have just sewn together 2 1/2 quilt tops from patterns I had cut out.... and have 1 1/2 to go.... boy if I get the tops done this weekned I can add backing next weekend... two are only lap quilts, the other two are about twin size....

This is a productive weekend.

Chriss
Psalm 91

katiekoala

Post by katiekoala » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:25 am

Rhonda you lucky girl handle some of that fabric for me please!LOL

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:51 am

Well I came back from all my errands now it's time to goa sew a few more d blocks I already did 3 out of6 blocks I realy want to assembel this by this week some time I had to make time out and straighten up and vaccumm a little bit now that is all done I can go back to sewing and not feel as guilty I have a turkey roasting in the oven so I will be back a little later.

Have a Great rest of the afternoonbye for now.

fabricgirl

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:31 am

The binding is all machine sewn onto the flannel quilt, now I'm working on blocks for the Wizard of Oz "Wicked Witch" quilt. Tried something new for one of the blocks & it's turning out great! One down, five more to go.

And, have to find a couple of f/q's for MaryQ since her Vikings beat my Packers today :( it was a close game, 28-27. There's always next time!

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:11 am

Yeah, ME -- now you have me watching those games..... maybe I'm bad luck!!

Have a good night:)

12stepquilter

Post by 12stepquilter » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:43 am

Well I had the most wonderful day today working in the fabric shop. Yes quilternewby I did have a blast fondling the fabric. Katie my dear I handled enough fabric for all of us.I felt like the Queen Peach herself surrounded by all that fabric. LOL. I think in my dreams I spent a couple of thousand dollars there. I already have the next quilt planned out. Well off to get some dinner now and maybe sit a the machine after.

Rhonda

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Evening everyone. Lots of y'all are getting to quilt this weekend. We went to Wurstfest - had loads of fun. That's the only venue I know of where young and old alike have an absolute blast listening to the bands in two different tents and dancing in the Wursthalle. OOM PAH PAH. I HATE getting old - between the 3-day venture to the quilt show last weekend and the Wurstfest Friday night and all day and night yesterday, I'm pooped!!!!! But I do have myself a good time! Oh, yes, I do. So no quilting for me this weekend. Next weekend I'm going to my BFF's for the weekend. We have an HQ-16 class Saturday morning and then we will play on our new toy - WOO HOO.

Tul - you asked how I got the rubber out before the quilt show - I didn't. The rubber didn't start going away until we were THERE!

Maryq - glad you had fun at the Expo. You were tired after one day? Oh, girlfriend, you need to come down here and go to the Houston quilt show with me - I'd wear your butt to a frazzle cuz we go for 3 days - WOO HOO.

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:22 pm

Happy Sunday Evening to you All

Just came up from the sewing room, where after cleaning it up a little I did actually get to sew today!! YIPPEE. Finished up a tote bag for my BFF for Christmas and 1 whole Christmas stocking for co-workers (1 down 15 to go) Felt so good to sit at my machine and accomplish something.

Took a little break to see the Vikings beat those Packers. I'm not a huge football fan, but since MEq and I had a wager going on it I thought I better watch at least the last quarter. If it weren't for missing that last kick, I'd be searching for some FQ's to send to ME!! Was a close game for sure!

Now I've thrown supper in the over--yes I am actually cooking. Just a chicken breast covered in Ranch dressing and Italian seasoned bread crumbs--a recipe my DIL taught me. After supper, I gotta go down and iron some pants for work tomorrow then I'm parking my little fanny on the couch to watch "Cold Case" and then "The Unit" before I tuck myself into bed. Oh yeh, gotta get the clean sheets out of the dryer first and make the bed! Nice warm flannel sheets!!!

Hope everybody has a great week ahead with lots of sewing time!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Good evening just checking in and reading posts from today....most of you sound busy. I need to sandwich a quilt and machine quilt it tomorrow. i am still tired from last night. Went to dinner at my DS3 and we had a great time. This year we are making a concerted effort to get together at least once a month for dinner at one of our houses...and spend time together with the kids all having activities and everyone working we don't see each other enough....so now we have family dinners....sometimes 2 x per month .....Love you all see ya tomorrow.

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:38 pm

*Smile*

I just came back from having dinner with GmaAnn. YaY and Yum.

We're set and ready to rear going to the QIAD retreat for one WHOLE week.

I've been up since about 8 this morning. Need to get up early tomorrow morning to run a few errands.

So I bid y'all a good night and will give your pillows a good *FluFF*

Sweet dweams.

*T*

PS, see y'all next week. 15 of us next Friday.

Return to “Sew ins”