Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning- November 9

Daily discussions.
mequilter9158

Re: Good Morning- November 9

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:01 am

Good morning to all............I'll try to get some sewing therapy in today, too. The binding is all ready to be sewn on the quilt & then I can do the hand sewing while the game is on this afternoon. It is chilly out, so the flannel will keep me nice and warm. DH ran to the grocery store, so I'm staying put ALL day down here. (Except for catching up on the washing :( Hope you all have a great day.

jacquie2

Post by jacquie2 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:10 am

Good Morning Ladies!

The wedding is over, family has returned home and my life is getting back to normal. yippee!!!

We had some heavy rains last night and the winds have arrived this morning. I doubt I will get to ride any today, but that's ok, I've got lots of sewing to do.

I've finished the top of the Laptop quilt I'm making for my DH's grandmother. I just have to get the back sewed together and off to the LA we go on Tuesday -- yeah!! Then this after noon I want to finish up two fleece blankets I've been working on. Shouldn't take long if I stick to it. Should be a great day for sewing!

msdeets -- have a wonderful vacation!

Happy trails, jacquie2

12stepquilter

Post by 12stepquilter » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:51 am

Good morning to all! And a good morning it is even though I am not sewing today. I got a call from the LQS owner and I am going to fill in for her this afternoon and be surrounded but tons and tons of cotton. There is new fabric to sort, price and drool over. Modas and Hoffmans and more. I have lots fat quarters to cut and fold so off I go into cotton heaven. So sorry for bragging but I just can't hold back my delight.

Rhonda

SFOQuilter

Post by SFOQuilter » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:52 am

Morning everyone,

I've been traveling on business all week and then hosted a friend's birthday party at my house last night! I'm so glad this week is over. Today is all about sewing and relaxing.

Enjoy your day.

Michelle

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:17 am

Hi Everyone-
I really must clean my sewing room today! It has gotten way too small! I also need to do grocery shopping and make a run to Target. I do hope to sew later.

It is very windy here. The cat doesn't seem to understand why I don't open a window. She keeps running around trying to get us to open the window. It is too funny!

jacquie2

Post by jacquie2 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:51 am

Hi Ladies -- I've got a question -- I've got my backing pinned and ready to sew. I matched the salvaged edges together and plan on this being a center seam down the back...would I still use a 1/4 inch seam, or 1/2" or 5/8"? And should I open the seam and press flat? The only backings I've put on in the past have been solid backings. Please help -- thanks jac

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:55 am

Jacque............I usually piece my backings with 1/2" seam and then press them open. Hope this helps.

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:06 am

Rhonda have fun fondling the fabric!!!

Taking a break to do some hand quilting.

ME check out your regular email:)

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:45 am

Good Sunday to all. I just got home from church and had lunch. I will be working on a blue and yellow Tossed Nine Patch. I have three of the rows sewn together and hope to get the last two on soon.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

momof6quilts

Post by momof6quilts » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:42 am

Hello,

I've been sewing all day and it doesn't seem like I'm getting that far. Started stitching in the ditch on a flower lap quilt. I really don't like this stage of quilting. I have four more blocks to do and the border.

I'm bad I sent my family off today to church without me.

Vicky

Return to “Sew ins”