Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

November 8th

Daily discussions.
mequilter9158

Re: November 8th

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:49 am

Hello!! Yes, I am still smiling after last night. I got a couple of pics developed, I'll load them in just a minute. Ran a couple of errands this morning and threw some flannel in the wash for binding on a quilt for a wedding present. That's what I'll be working on for the rest of the day. We had a little snow this morning but not it's just cloudy & cold. Cynthia.......I was up by 8:30 this morning, you could've called!!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:54 am

Goodafternoon all well I just got done doing two of the 16 blocks for c of the lovers knot so far so good I just love the colors maybe later I will take pictures of those 2 blocks and with a little help I can post them in the photos section . Brenda I fail for you haveing to give up your precious time to do all that yuck yuck work hang in there it will be done and then you can get back to what you like doing.I will be back later coffee break is now over.

fabricgirl

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:21 am

There is something peeking throught the clouds, I thought I saw a bright light, felt a little warmth on my skin. Is it? Could it be? I think it was the sun, but now it is gone again so I am not sure.

SIGH.......

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:26 am

:)

Howdy howdy...

I keep taking small breaks in between a 'few' loose ends that I need to have done before leaving for Camp on Monday. I better get some laundry running as well while I'm busy.

Guess I should make a list. I keep forgetting to toss the bc backing for MeQ. in the washer and dryer. Specially since it is flannel.

It is nice and sunny out here. Skies are fairly blue, but not as blue as the sky was in Julian last year. Expected temps for the next week in the mountains are around 70* day time, and mid 40's at night.

CindyG, how did you ever get rid of being rubberized before you went to Houston.

Wish I could take my Pinnacle and Juki to camp as well. I think Jeff would give me 'that' dirty look if I would mention that's what I want to take with me to Julian. Nah....he wouldn't.....

BBL

katiekoala

Post by katiekoala » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:33 am

Good morning or is it night well it is Sunday here in Oz and it is going to rain again Dammmmmmmmmmm!it makes it so sticky after the rain, oh well can't complain need it for the gardens!am still working on my Tita quilt the ***** cats have soooooo many pieces to them. but it will be worth it in the end and who knows someday I will get my brain in order to be able to post pictures!!meanwhile thanks to my lovely friend Linda/Oasis who kindly does it fo rme!thank Linda!you all have a lovelly evening and a better tomorrow!

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:25 am

Just got back from High School Musical -- I know it's corny, but I do love musicals-- I think I was just as excited as my nieces.

We didn't go to Green Bay-- I was nervous that it might get colder, and get icy. But, when we got out of movie it was up to 42 degrees (heat wave), and no precipitation. Oh well..... ME maybe I'll have to meet you next weekend in GB- still have to get thread and batting. I saw your picture -- cool (posted comment of course).

Well can't decide if I am going to sew again, or watch TV..... I need some more music either way!

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:41 am

Sandy, I know all about the not sleeping. For the past month I have been up all night at least once a week. Last night I finally fell asleep about 1 but I was up @ 4:15, I am sooooooo sleepy, but I am afraid if I take a nap, I won't go to sleep tonight. No sewing for me today, I am building new window sills and trim for the bathroom, and am starting to tear out part of the wall for a new doorway. Ken thinks this HAS to be done before Thanksgiving, but he is out of town all weekend, so I get to start. He is going to be a bit upset, I measured the new tub. It is all one piece, tub and surround, and thats what I wanted because I get tired of mildew in the seams. BUT our bathroom door is 30 inches and the tub is 34. He is going to have to open up that doorway and rehang a bigger door, and that is as big a job as anything. One extra step I didn't want to do. It is cold and windy and spitting snow. SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:17 am

Hi again....

Just put 3 loaves of cranberry bread in the oven... figured it would take the chill out of my apartment:)

Mame is on TV -- another musical... yeahhhhhhh

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:22 am

Wow, Cynthia, you are ambitious today. I just got finished cutting the binding for the flannel quilt......stopped at a LQS to get more flannel for the binding & it doesn't match. I suppose I could've brought in the quilt to match it, right? That's ok, I should have enough of the backing to use for it. We're going out for a bite to eat, maybe I'll tackle the rest when we get home.

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:50 pm

Thanks ME have fun eating out-- I had leftovers. My eyes are getting a little tired-- maybe I'll check in later. Hope you all have a great night:)

Return to “Sew ins”