Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

November 8th

Daily discussions.
busyhands125

Re: November 8th

Post by busyhands125 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:19 am

Morning ALL,

Been up since before 5 a.m. Tired too. Laid down about 3 this morning too, then turned and tossed.
Got DH up , Deer Hunting.

Have already cut up squares of batting for a quilt I plan to finish all by myself. So finished cutting 72 squares of warm and natural.it is a double wedding ring, something to throw on my bed.
Also trimmed a queen size and getting ready to bind it too.

Going back in a minute to sew up 20 more leaves. Then lay them out to see what else I will need.
Is there anyone that knows a fairy out there that does housecleaning. I have too much to do to do all of that too.

yawning here,
Pat

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:39 am

Hey Pat, if you find that fairy I could use one too!!!! I feel so torn, with only two days on weekend to quilt, trying to get in at least a little cleaning. Luckily I live by myself, so no one to bug me about it!!

Finished my last square of my first log cabin -- twin sized, for in my living room-- am going to lay it out, but have to put away and get to xmas projects!!! Still snowing, but is melting on the streets -- is 34 degrees, hope it doesn't go lower and get icy.

I'll be back:)

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:43 am

Good Morning all.

my family is flying back to Nebraska today after a weeks visit.... my DGD is snoozing still and pretty soon she will wake up and tell me I should have laid in bed till she woke up...

And I.... am on my second day of not smoking... I really want to quit not only because of the cost but for my health....

This morning I want to go for a walk outside then get to sewing....

hope you all have a super day, check in later
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:45 am

Good morning All. Dang rain again go away rain come back much later on. We are going to the German Christmas today. Then come back and start working on one of my quilting. You all have good weekend. Sarah

9patchfav

Post by 9patchfav » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:59 am

Pat, when you find that fairy, send her here! I was on the phone with my mom and I told her my plans of trying to work on a quilt, she said, "Oh, you have your housework done for the week?", I said "NO", DH laughed and said that she had to ask about cleaning...he does know me well. lol...

Raining here and pretty cool to me. At least DH and DS3 are done with work. DS2 is deer hunting too, he left at 5:30. DS1 is watching bass fishing...Wow...what a treat! :( So boring, it is the only tv with satellite.

Quilt here I come!
Susan

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:14 am

Good Morning All.....

I see Maryellen/Mequilter isn't up yet after her BIG night. She has been working on the quilt for so long and was so excited about going to a Black Tie event. Hope a lot of $$$$ was made for her quilt.

It is going to a beautiful day here in So. Cal.. Around 80 with sun and some clouds later this evening. Perfect day!

I have my 12 and 13 year old nieces today so will be pretty busy catching up on all their news of the last few weeks.

I'll check back later for Maryellen's report on her big night.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Linda/Oasis

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:32 am

I need that fairy here also Pat since cleaning up after my sewage leak is in the works for this morning. YUCK. I was woken up to my DD throwing up in the bed (she is 7 and sleeps in my bed) so that was real fun. The sheets are now in the dryer. She is just so congested the poor little thing but seeing blueberries coming up for a second time is not to pleasand so now I get to clean up leftover poop and sewage mess in my bathroom hallway and garage. Sure wish I was sewing instead LOL. Maybe tonight.

Everyone have as much fun as I will today.

Brenda

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:38 am

Yoo Hoo, MARYELLEN - we're waiting!!

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:44 am

Oh Brenda, I'm so sorry you have to do all of this on your day off.

The good side: You will have your fall/holiday cleaning all done......and sounds like you might have some new "blueberry blue" sheets.

Hope it cleans up quick so you can get back to your daughter and sewing this eveing.

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:49 am

Good morning everyone. I am happy to report that we have phone/internet/TV service again. Knock on wood. LOL I babysat DGS Thurs. & Fri. because he is sick with an ear infection. 3 yr olds that are not real pleasant anyway are sure not happy little campers when they are sick! Whew! Glad his Mommy & Daddy are off on weekends!

I did not sleep at all last night so I am tired this morning. Kept tossing & turning. DH left for a job yesterday & that is usually how it goes the first night he is gone. It will be a short job so won't be bad. I am just thankful he has one to go to!!!!!!!!!! I will never complain again about him working again.

I hope to get to sew some today. Haven't got to touch my machine since Monday. Just need to run the vacumn in the living room & dining room and the house will be in good shape. I do need to make a run into town to get an address book sometime today. If yall could see how I keep addresses, you would think I need to be committed. LOL I have a box of post it notes with them in it. LOL

Chris I am proud of you for trying to quit smoking. I tired and failed so I am still at it. But not to the extent I was. And having to smoke outside what with the weather turning colder, I will smoke even less. I wish you all of the luck in the world!!!!!!!

Take care, stay warm and dry, be safe & I hope all of you have a wonderful day, doing whatever you get to do!

Hugs

Return to “Sew ins”