Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

November 8th

Daily discussions.
sewcarolyn

Re: November 8th

Post by sewcarolyn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:53 pm

I just posted this in the photos. It is for my nephew for his 21st birthday he did the fabric choices with some help from the guy who owns a LQS

[/img]

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:55 pm

I finished trimming threads on my nephews quilt, made 2 pairs of lounge pants (pj bottoms) and 4 pillowcases. Now I am going to have a glass of wine then get ready to go to the theater. we have season tickets to the South Coast Repertory Theater.

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Sewcarolyn......that quilt is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the fabrics that you used & the colors are beautiful.

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:11 pm

Good Evening Gals

Just woke up from my afternoon nap....

Went to the Sewing/Qulitng Expo in Minneapolis this morning. Can't believe I made it all the way to downtown Minneapolis without getting lost!! I NEVER go downtown! It was great!!!Got the meet Michelle H and her darling little girls. It would tough to stay within our shopping budgets and I have to admit I did go a little bit over but it was to see so many great fabrics and pattern. We even got to play with a top of the line Brother Embroidery machine---all you have to do is hit a button and sit back and watch!!

Picked up a new ruler and drooled over a really neat cutting system--but that was definately not in budget. Did buy a new ironing board cover, some beautiful fall fabric (saw a gal with it in her hand, so I stuck with her until she was done then I grabbed it up), got a cute kit to make a table topper for my Mom for Christmas and a pattern for another one.

Haven't done a darn thing since I got home, walking all over sure pooped me out. Need to get a 2nd wind tonite so I can sort out all my purchases and maybe get a head start on tomorrow's chores so I'll have sewing time tomorrow!

Hope you all have a great evening

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:20 pm

:)

*C* that is a really beautiful quilt top. You sure have been busy.
Me says *C* needs a LA. What kind of wine are you drinking? I like a merlot please.

MaryQ, how *Fun* to have met Michelle and her girls.
Us Angels sure are good for our economy rightt?

Pfffffffffff, I think I'll take a break from quilting and sewing for about a week. Oh NO, can't do that at Camp. LOL

*T*

Hummingbird

Post by Hummingbird » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:38 pm

Hello Girlfriends - old and new!

I'm so sorry I've been so AWOL lately. I miss you all a lot. Things have been busy with the new grandbaby, work and life.

I am glad that summer is over and I have time to actually sew again. I cleaned up my sewing room last night and today and started the curtains for my grandson's room. They match one of the fabrics in his quilt that I made him.

I've had a rough couple of days for some reason. DH has been a bit crabby (even though he's usually a very nice guy!) and Rocky was sick today but now doing better. I had also hoped to go see DGS today but his mommy & daddy had plans so I'll get to see him tomorrow.

I'm very happy that tomorrow is Sunday and we get to go to church. That always lifts me up.

I hope all is well with all of you and I'll try to do better about hanging out around here! Love you all!

Bubbles

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:00 pm

Well I got my bathroom, hallway and garage cleaned out after the sewage leak finally. It sure feels good to be done with that then I went to Smoky Bones for dinner with my sister and daughter. Now I am tired and am getting ready to take a shower. No sewing today unfortunately. I now have to clean the living room carpet so I will see how I feel tomorrow.

Brenda

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:02 pm

Fabric girl, can't wait to see a picture of your finished lovers knots...

Carolyn, that is just beautiful.... I love your colors... your nephew will love it too.

Mary, glad you and Michelle and those cuties had fun.

Nancy it is so good to hear from you... how is the grandma doing??? hope everything is perfect for your daughter and that munchkin....

hope you are all doing great
Chriss
Psalm 91

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:09 pm

Caroline very nice quilt the colors are great boy one would think you work on an assembley line all kidden asside nice job .
I JUST FINISHED 14 out of 18 blocks and I can't see anymore I have been up since 3:45 so I have 4 more pinned and ready to go and I will be doing them when I get up tommrow hope everyone has had a nice day I see Bubbles is back well have a nice rest of the night and Iwill check back tommrow .

fabricgirl

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:35 pm

Eve'n ladies! I had a busy day today, cleaned house, held a Mary Kay class, cut my grandmas hair, fed everyone and now I need to run back out and get a birthday gift for my nephews birthday party tomarrow, I also need to make sure the boys have pressed dress shirts for church tomarrow cause they are having a program with the children.

Have a nice night all I will try to pop in later.

Return to “Sew ins”