Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

November 8th

Daily discussions.
sewcarolyn

Re: November 8th

Post by sewcarolyn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:58 am

Chriss...just think all of the $ you had been spending on your cigarettes can now go to fabric. A pack of cig=2 fat quarters right? Hang in there the health benefits will be worth it.

and ladies.....my H is cleaning the kitchen while i sit here drinking coffee and typing....and he had 2 loads of laundry done before I rolled out of bed :)

no I don't share him

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:00 am

Brenda...hope your little pumpkin feels better soon

*T* nice chatting with you last night.

gardenquilter

Post by gardenquilter » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:02 am

good morning all - lol it is almost lunch time for sure am so lazy today slept until 7:40 never sleep that late am getting ready to spend day sewing just waiting to hang laundry out first - am trying to finish up stuff

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:15 am

Well it's 10:12 Wisc. time -- ME are you up yet?????? I do have her cell phone number...... naw I won't do that to her-- at least till noon:)

Chris hang in there---

Brenda - you hang in there too!!!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:15 am

A bright and cheerful good morning to everyone. Hope everyone will have a blessed day today. I have to leave for work in a couple minutes. I'll check in on the days progress when I get home tonight. God bless everyone.

kho

Post by kho » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:22 am

Good morning. I had trouble sleeping and was up till 3:45 this morning. I did finish the laundry DS3 had started. Also did some hand sewing on DGD's jumper that I am making for her. I then proceded to cut out 2 more and finally went to bed around 3:45, I slept till 7 when the phone rand and DH made muffins. I am thinking a nap sounds good, but have a lot to do.

Chriss, You can do it!! Think fabric!!!

Send the housekeeping fairy this way--Please.

It's cold and dreary here today.Yuk. A lot to do outside-but so far I am staying inside.

Happy sewing!! Sandy

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:38 am

Getting cool here after all that sunshine and warmth! Won't get to 50 today. My headache the other day has now developed into a full blown virus/cold (whatever!). First, the headache and sore throat, then a severe sore throat, then my head is full and I'm blowing my nose constantly and coughing like crazy. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it!?

Still moving though!!! Chriss, I wish you the best of luck tring to quit - I've tried and failed many times. Some are addicted heavily (like me) and others just have a bad habit...those who aren't addicted, can't really understand what it takes to quit..

I'm doing hand sewing today..I feel too puney to run the machine (or the stairs to the sewing room. Working on my applique snowman for "Pick and Stitch" and will do some handquilting in the hoop (which I haven't done for years!)on my Christmas Tablerunner from Sarah's Mystery #2--it turned out to be sooo cute, Sarah! Thank you, girl!

BBL
Joanne:0)

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:37 am

Gee it is still raining this morning. Now this is the Seattle we know and love. At least in the last two days it has stopped long enough for me and Max to go for a walk. Still working on quilt for neice #2. I will have to make a quick run to the grocery store, but that's it.

Susan - I am glad to hear your friend will survive the gun shot, hopefully she will get the help she needs for the underlying cause. That is such a dark place to be.

Chris - good for you to quit smoking. My DH and I did it together about 16 years ago and I was smoking 3 packs a day. Smartest thing we ever did. Keep at it you can do it!!!!

beccasmom - There are some days you need a magic wand to make it all go away....

sewcarolyn - I think you could at least 'loan' your hubby to beccasmon for a couple hours LOL

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:58 am

thanks for all the pats on the back and good wishes.... DH said he would quit with me but he has gone to the store and bought a pack of cigs....

I went for a little walk outside to get some fresh air... I almost fell asleep watching Fons & Portor on tv..... either I am tired or they are boring... not sure wich.

I really want a cig so I think I will grab a lifesaver and go so.....

Talk with you all soon,
Chriss
Psalm 48:10 Isaiah 41:10

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:07 am

Weird day. Woke up at 5, read the paper and drank some choc. milk. Went back to bed about 8 and slept until 10:30 when dog was telling me she couldn't keep her legs crossed any longer. Had breakfast and finished up my BOMs. I'm going to go throw clothes on and head out to get the new ones. Also need to go to library, drugstore and to grocery to get some fresh spinach.
I'll probably will sew some more tonight after dinner, unless there is a good football game on. I do have priorities.

Return to “Sew ins”