Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

November 8th

Daily discussions.
Tulpje

November 8th

Post by Tulpje » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:59 am

*Smile*

Good Morning.

Am I the only one wide awake?

Wake UP every one.

*T*

quiltnewby05

Re: November 8th

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:12 am

Good Morning Tul
It's 6am here, couldn't sleep anymore, but don't want to make too much noise-- I rent an apartment that doesn't have any sound-proofing! The owners are my friends, who live downstairs. My sewing room is right above their bedroom, so I thought I'd wait a little before starting to sew:)

Hope all is well with you. Do I remember right that your husband is away on business? Does that mean more sewing time?

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:25 am

:)

Morning quiltnewby05. Nope, Jeff has been back from Norway since two weeks now. I hope and pray he won't get send back until next year again.

He gives me plenty sewing time.
He'll be the one that will take care of or fur babies, and brats in feathers while I'll be at the QIAD retreat.

It is 4:25 here and still dark outside. The world is nice and quiet.

*T*

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:31 am

I love this time of day--- as the sun comes up:)

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:42 am

Morning All,Cool this morning..I built a fire!...we got rain yesterday...and turned cooler......any ways...Laundry and cleaning today...The Grands are sick this weekend, so they couldn't come over to ma maws house,,,so...maybe next week.....U all Have a good Day! :)

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:48 am

I just spent some time looking at the quilt pictures from this week-- beautiful!!

We need to watch for Mequilter to sign on today-- she had a big night last night, and will be posting a picture of her with one of the Green Bay Packers, and her Packer quilt that was auctioned off last night!!!

It's cold here too, and we are expecting rain/snow showers this afternoon, and tomorrow. I am taking my two nieces to Green Bay to see the High School Musical movie (with a stop at a fabric store of course), but hope to get home before roads start getting slippery!! Oh .... I just looked out window and it's snowing-- well, maybe we stay in town today.

I would love winter so much more if I didn't have to drive in it!!

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:57 am

:)

It is going to be sunny and 77* today.
Sun won't start to rise for another hour.

BBL.....

9patchfav

Post by 9patchfav » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:58 am

Hello everyone!

I wanted to tell everyone "THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS" for my friend. I have heard through the grape vine that she will be ok, but I haven't talked to anyone in her family yet. She had started taking some type of meds that can cause sucidial thoughts, and they believe that may be the cause. Still not sure about that either, but at least she is ok.

I was glad to see everyone working so hard on their sewing, I will have to start working harder today to get some Christmas gifts done.
AND my BIRTHDAY SWAPS!

My DH and DS3 went to go do some surveying work and it has started to rain heavy...hhhmmmmmmm...they may be back early for breakfast.

I am sorry to hear about the job losses, those are not easy to endure, financially and sometimes emotionally. Prayers being said for those facing this challenge.

Well, I had better get started on the house and all. Then maybe I will be able to sew.

Thanks again for the prayers, and have a great Saturday!
Susan

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:51 am

Goodmorning all we just came back from breakfast and will be working on my quilt top all day I had a nice seam ripper with a light on it but it went to dull ville and I just need to buy another but I am waiting till tommrow so that I can use the 15%off that I have for Joanns and I need a new cutting matt so I guess that will be tommrows big adventure so with this I will clothes and come back later.

fabricgirl

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:08 am

Good morning everyone!

Susan, I'm glad to hear that your friend will be ok. I'm keeping you, her and family in my thoughts and prayers.

Here today is cloudy. They announce rain for all day with high of 59°F. I'll be working on some UFO's: adding the batting & backing. On two of the quilts, I'll only tie them.

Wishing you all a wonderful day full of sunshine in your heart!!!

LOVE & HUGS

Denise

Return to “Sew ins”