Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THANK GOD IS FRIDAY 11/07/08

Daily discussions.
gmaann

Re: THANK GOD IS FRIDAY 11/07/08

Post by gmaann » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:10 pm

I don't really have a favorite seam ripper. One that works well, but I don't like it too much because it rolls off the table is the Clover one. I think the new ones DO NOT have the round handle. I like the folding ones that I have received as a free gift with an order from QIAD! I need to have one by the machine, one by my chair in the living room, one by the ironing board, etc.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:17 pm

Woooooohoooooo, I got home from work and my LK book was in the mail. I skimmed through it quickly for now. After I finish checking out what is going on here I will get ready for bed and start reading through it until I fall asleep.

Grammie.....Glad to here Genevieve made it through surgery well. I will continue to keep her in my prayers for a swift and healthy recovery.

Fabricgirl.....LOL...I don't know how long you would wait before buying a new one because of it getting dull. I am always misplacing mine and having to replace them. Then after buying a new one, I find the other ones. I have 5 or 6, all in different sewing baskets.

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:18 pm

Hello to all........just got home from the auction and had to drive in a snowstorm.......yuck!! Everything went fine, had a wonderful time & now am in love with the Packer player that was there. He was so gracious & sweet.........I'll post pics soon. Tried some very good foods, but the chocolate marscapone strawberries were to die for, especially with the chaser chocolate shot. I could've finished a whole tray of those.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:31 pm

I am always losing my seam rippers too so I have multiples all over the place.

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:20 pm

:)

Attach a seam ripper to your sewing machine on a cord. That way you'll never loose it. If it rolls off the table you can just pull up the cord and it'll BE there.

I just put extra containers of chilli in ziplock containers for Jeff, so he won't be 'starving' while I'm gone.

He's going to a board D&D game in OC with his friends. One of his friends is hosting the game.

We've hosted the game about 3 times this year. Nice to host it during the summer. They made up a gridded template to fit on top of our fire pit. When they're hungry one of them will run the BBQ while I make the side dishes in the kitchen.

SOooo, Jeff will be gone ALL day long, more time to sew for me.

Sunday he can burn the DVD's that has 300 hundred picturea on them from QIAD retreat 2007. They can have them for free, or Sue Beauchard can add them to the auction.(Donation from our one and only Queen Peach Pit)

I'm about to go to bed. Allready took my night meds. So please forgive my spelling, I don't feel like correcting any of my spelling.

*FluFF* all around for your pillows.
Sweet Dweams.

*T*

Return to “Sew ins”