Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THANK GOD IS FRIDAY 11/07/08

Daily discussions.
CaroleJ

Re: THANK GOD IS FRIDAY 11/07/08

Post by CaroleJ » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:04 am

Caren, yeah, I would put ice on the toffee in the carpet, see if you can break most of the chunks out, then HOT soapy water to melt any remaining particles and lift the last of the gunk out of the rug...

I also have a formula for getting Silly Putty off fabrics! Guess why I needed this?

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:52 am

Good Evening all I just got word that my friend Genevieve the girl with the aneuruism came out of surgery and the dr said it went well....Said a prayer of thanks for answers and for all of you who prayed. That is a relief.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:10 pm

Oh, grammiequilts, that is such good news. Praise the Lord! My prayers will continue for her complete recovery.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:37 pm

Good evening, ya'll! Oh grammiequilts, that is such good news about Genevieve! Well, I worked on the sewing room most of the day, while Daisy's yard was being fenced, and now it's raining and supposed to rain all weekend. Got a lot accomplished. DH is going to take me out to dinner in a few minutes and then we're coming home, starting a fire in the fireplace and looking forward to a nice weekend. I am so happy to get the fence put up! They have to custom build the gates, but the fencing is up and they put some temporary stuff where the gates will go, so my girl can start hunting and patrolling the perameters of her yard again! She is not a good girl on a leash and I am soooooo glad to be rid of that duty now! LOL! DH put a doggie door in the sewing room storm door for her. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Be back after dinner, toodles.........

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:44 pm

Hi all Im back just checking in by the way grammie that is fantastic news see I always thought that he heres all well Im almost done with my block b for the quilt but Im calling it quits till tommrow I can't afford to make another error like yesterday thats also when I found out that I needed a new seam ripper so the magic question is how often do you replace your seam ripper ? well Im out again will come back a little later.

fabricgirl

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:21 pm

Hi Gals,

I've been sewing my fingers off making string blocks. Funny how the scrap basket never seems to empty :)

Great news, Grammie!

I'm going to watch a movie now...

xo

lifeisgrand

Post by lifeisgrand » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:07 pm

Well, my little barometers (aka 'second grade students') were accurate! The energy level predicted a change in the weather....and there definitely was: SNOW! We've had wet snow all day.
Grammie- so glad the surgery went well. Praise the Lord!
Maryq- a quilt expo sounds like sooooooo much fun! Take your plastic and enjoy yourself!
kho (Sandy)- You are at it again! I read where you and your friend have already started on making pillowcases! You know, you really add sunshine to your friend's day when she is able to come over & sew with you. Isn't it fun to have your own little "Sew In"??! I know I really had fun sewing up the Christmas stockings. I just wish I had more time to do these fun things; but doggone that four letter word (WORK) always throws a monkey-wrench into our fun plans!!!!

Tomorrow is our church's soup supper. We also raffle off a quilt every year. I have made the raffle quilt for the last four years and am happy to do it. (We have a very small congregation and no other quilters; so it's pretty much up to me.) I always hope I pick the right colors and the right pattern!!! I so want other people to find it appealing so the raffle tickets are easy to sell! LOL

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:03 pm

hi I am "on call" tonight for my daughter and 11 of her friends. Boston is being invaded tonight by 50 teams of 12 students from Northeastern University who are on a giant scavenger hunt. this is a yearly activity for the students and the whole city has a blast with the students as they solve clues and search for the locations to go take their photo holding todays paper and their team signs. they have to use public transportation and it is a 24 hour hunt. with her iphone she can go on-line to look things up but calls for help are faster. We already helped once she had a call about a place to find on the Harvard Campus my husband called one of his college roomates who is in charge of the stacks at the Harvard library and got the answer in a couple of seconds.

fun

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:03 pm

hmm looking at the time stamp of the previous entry looks like no one has been on for an hour

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:17 pm

:)

LOL *C* I am reading ALL over he forum right now.

I think your daughter is having a lot of fun. It is great they do these activities. Good for the public transportation. I'm sure it makes her more aware of where everything is?

Hopefully you'll be able to get some sleep since it is getting late. Wait, is she really going to keep going for a FULL 24 hours?

Ah, to be young again.

*T*

Return to “Sew ins”