Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

THANK GOD IS FRIDAY 11/07/08

Daily discussions.
sewcarolyn

Re: THANK GOD IS FRIDAY 11/07/08

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:34 pm

I think she and her team will be going for the full 24 hours. I am "on call' until about 1am (4 am her time) then some of the East Coast Parents are available beginning at 5am. they figure that is only an hour without parent help available. One of her roommates is not doing the run and has a flight out to London at 9am so she said she would be available because she will be up packing

Izzy is the team captain so she will also be getting sent instant challenges for the team via text message every few hours.

cyberspacequilter

Post by cyberspacequilter » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:43 pm

Carolyn,
Sounds like a blast...is there a winner and a prize????.
Cyber-Sue

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:53 pm

The top 10 teams get prizes. I don't know what the top prize is this year. 2 years ago it was a 3 day cruise for each of the team members in the caribbean. there were ipods and Jet Blue Bucks and lots of other fun items for students.
Izzy was in France last fall so she didn't do this. this is the 3rd year for it to be this big. Her team all won 25 in Starbucks cards last time (they came in 12th) and as the team captain she got to compete in instant challenges and won several small gift cards for local restaurants and Barnes and Noble.

she said they have lots of small prizes this year and some of the places they go give things to the kids...especially Dunkin' donuts, lots of fun. Her boyfriend just called and he had to go to the Cheers Bar and have his photo taken with the bartender.

cyberspacequilter

Post by cyberspacequilter » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:02 pm

This sound like so much fun...you will have to post tomorrow and let us know how they finish.
Cyber-Sue

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:05 pm

I remember some fun scavenger/treasure hunts!

Lifeisgrand - what a great thing you are doing for your church. EVERY year!

fabricgirl - just be careful when you get a new seam ripper! You will realize how much you needed one and how SHARP the new one is! I've made some goofs using a new one, so now I'm very aware that it IS a new one! Our guild has a "Seam Ripper Award" after our retreat - a new seam ripper goes to the person who spent the most time 'unsewing'!

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:09 pm

do you have a favorite brand of ripper?

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have been trying to catch up with everyone.

Carolyn - It sounds like you have a busy Saturday planned helping out your daughter. I hope you get time to sew!

Grammiequilts - Good news about Genevieve, glad to hear all went well.

T - You must be sooo excited to be going on the retreat. Are you packed yet? LOL I think I would have packed last week I would be so excited.

I just bought 5 charm packs for $20.00 Todays QIAD newsletter said it is enough to make a Tossed 9 Patch and I found the coordinating fabric and bought 3 yards. I hope I get the extra (Orien) discount.
Carol

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:20 pm

Oh the best seam ripper I ever had I got with my Elna machine 30 odd years ago. Of course I still have the machine, but lost the seam ripper long ago. (Actually it broke from all the use I gave it! LOL)

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:31 pm

*Smile*

(( *C7* )))

GmaAnn and I are *BOINKING* PM's to each other.
Does THAT tell you how excited we are?

Ann arrives in LESS then 2 days.
She is the organized one of the both of us.

I have placed items in place to be packed for the auction, LK fabric, a 'few' quilts that need binding sewn on. ALL my rulers, an iron, cutting mat iron-pad/cutting mat for our own station.

LK book. LK DVD. portable DVD player, CD's, And YES I will bring Nicoret gum with me. Got a Coupon for $7 OFF. Guess who send that to me?

7UP's. Snacks, chocolats, nuts and I still want to pick up some pears. Maybe even a bottle of wine.

Oh clothes......??? Plenty of jammies......

BBL

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:58 pm

After work tonight I bought all my cleaning supplies I will need to clean up my 2nd bathroom, hallway and garage after my sewage leak last tuesday. Boy am I going to have a blast. Rosie came to Joann's tonight while I was working and it was really nice to meet her. That was my treat for the day.

Brenda

Return to “Sew ins”