Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

November 4th

Daily discussions.
CaroleJ

Re: November 4th

Post by CaroleJ » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:19 pm

Well, we finally got some fall/winter weather here in San Diego, in the form of some much-needed rain.

Work called this morning, can you come in early, we had a sick call. Sure, no problem, should be able to make it there by nine at the latest. In between the time I got the call and got out the door, it had begun to rain HARD. A 12 mile trip took 40 minutes! Yuck! Had to skip going to the poll before work, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten in until TEN!

Busy day at work, everyone walking fast, sighing heavily, and rolling their eyes heavenward...actually got to leave on time, but again got caught in heavy traffic, so another 40 minute trip home AND I still had to run to the polling place and to the drugstore before I went home.

I am in my jammies, ate leftovers for dinner (at least they were yummy ones) and am ready to call it a day...!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:20 pm

Lori, did you get rain up your way this morning?

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:32 pm

Yes we got a little shower early. I think about 0600. It was so nice to hear the rain again.
Lori 8-)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:58 pm

I've been sewing most of the day. I completed another 18 'footballs' and pinned the first 1/2 of another 18 together. I only need to complete another 52, LOL. Then I can lay everything out for row assembly. Yippeeeeeeeeeee.

kho.....You have been super busy today. I saw your post on prayer requests. Most definitely we need to be praying for this situation.

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:53 pm

OK, I know no one is up now, but thought I'd try. Not a lot happened today. Worked, voted, went to drugstore, took nap, got up to watch results. Am going back to bed. The sewing will wait until tomorrow nite. Things are moving on the mystery quilt for the guild. Am now working on a UFO baby quilt. If I'm lucky, she won't be in high school before I finish. Then will work on a wedding quilt. I have to figure out how to do the pix postings. I don't know why I'm so leery of it, I have no other tech problems. Must get over fear.
Well, back to sleep. Will be here tomorrow.

Rosie

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:59 pm

:)

Night Rosie.

*FluFF*s all Around

Return to “Sew ins”