Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

November 3rd

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Re: November 3rd

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:54 am

Hello all well Im home from work and I had lunch and put on a pot of soup and now I will put on a load of wash and do some other work and later it's off to the sewing room so I will sat bye for now and will come back later.

fabricgirl

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:44 am

I am at my first job getting ready to go to work at Joann's tonight. It shouldn't be too bad (atleast I hope). Will not get any sewing done today myself, but I did get to work on a blanket I am crocheting for someone during my lunch hour so I got something done.

Brenda

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:02 am

My phone and computer went out today.....I called AT&T...they said it would be fixed by tomorrow....10 minutes later they showed up and It took a couple of hours to get it all done and me back on line but I call that quality service...and let them know I was pleased.....don't find that much anymore. I have bread baking and laundry is done(That is what happens when the phone AND the computer are out)lol bbl

msdeets

Post by msdeets » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:06 am

Hi all. I am the late bird today because I had to go to work and I just got home. Unfortunately I can't get any sewing done because I still have to pack you know the VACA is coming fast and I just can't wait I certainly need the rest.
Hopefully when I get back and I go to the doctor he will tell me I don't have to wear the boot any more. I feel like Frankenstein sometimes when I walk but nothing I can do.
Have a wonderful evening and everyone get some rest
Dee

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:09 am

grammiequilts it is amazing how productive one can be when they don't have a phone or internet. lol I just wonder how much I could get done if my computer went down. lol I did get a quilt sandwiched and ready to quilt, I bought flannel and I'm washing it for the second time for the back of the Christmas quilt. Now I need to put my blocks together so I can get that quilt sandwiched later today. Okay enough chatting. I need to go get busy. Lori
Lori 8-)

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:39 am

Just breezed in and am ready to leave again. Got my own car back - yeah!! I was missing my bells and whistles.
Work was interesting, but it always is w/ 5 yr. olds. Tomorrow there is a mock election at school. That should be interesting, since most of them don't know who the current president is or what he does. Heck, they don't even know their own last names.
I finished the block for todays "sew to win" at guild. One of these days, I'm going to win. Won't know how to act.
Time to go, meeting friends for dinner before the meeting. Back later.
Rosie

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:06 am

Hi everyone just decided to pop back on for a few I just finished pinning the last strip on to the block A of the lovers knot will sew it in a few minuets Im tired from all day today because here we go again with another time change but nobody tells your body how to react it sounds like everyone is haveing a good day so far but it's now going towards evening for us on the east coast I just have to keep reminding you west coast Gals about our time difference .

well I have to scamper will pop back in later.

fabricgirl

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:16 am

No sewing here today, but I did get fabric cut for 2 quilt tops that I hope to do at Camp Cedar Glen next week! Our guild is having a Soup Supper before our meeting tonight, so I made potato soup to take. It's one of our favorites on a cold winter day - but today is BEAUTIFUL and the high was 75°! I guess the soup will taste just as good on a nice day like this.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:47 am

I'm taking a break. I got the log cabin top together and started quilting a top. I'm just meandering (spelling.) So far so good. I just have to remind myself to go slow. Hopefully I'll get this one done today.
Lori 8-)

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi everyone, I just got in from work. It sounds like everyone had a fun and a productive day. I will check the other posts then I need to start some supper.

Return to “Sew ins”