Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

November 3rd

Daily discussions.
Joannequilts

Re: November 3rd

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Well, nothing much done today except laundry and watching DGS.

Gmaann - where exactly is Camp Cedar Glen???

Where did the day go???

Joanne:0)

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:01 pm

I'm back. Guild was great! Teri Tope was the guest speaker and she was interesting and funny. Her quilts covered a wide variety of methods and were all wonderful.
I am turning into my mother. I came home, put my leftover salad in the sewing room and the kit for next month's sew to win in the fridge.
Am watching DWTS, then will go sew for a while to relax. Got to be sharp for voting tomorrow.
Ladies, I don't care how you vote as long as you do. It is too important.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Joanne - I can't tell you where 'exactly' is Camp Cedar Glen! It's up in the mountains above San Diego. I got a ride there from the airport and I didn't even have a map to follow. But it's beautiful, and the retreat is so much fun. 6 days of sewing whenever you want - meals served to you, and help from QIAD teachers.

Somebody from CA can probably tell you exactly where it is!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Evening all....I cut out a lap quilt for a friend and will sew that tomorrow....Going to hit the hay early my long lost sis is stopping by tomorrow..I only see her a couple of time a year sad but true....she is busy and works afternoons but now that I'm retired I can see her in the morning.....She might be bringing me some fabric to go through from her late MIL. She always forgets things so I won't count on it just seeing her is a good thing. Be good the rest of the nightXXXOOOJudi

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:09 pm

IS Rosie - I agree! Voting is too important to miss. My sample ballot is marked and ready to take with me. It really speeds things up in the booth when you have the sample ballot all ready. There are so many propositions in California my DH and I started over two weeks ago reading and marking our ballots.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:13 pm

Gmaann - I am not sure where Camp Glenn is located. I heard it was near Julian, famous for Apples in Southern California. I think your description is close enough. I sure wish you the best. It sounds like so much fun! I know there will be a few of you there and I just wish I were one of them.

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:26 pm

It is very near Julian, and just a stone's throw from Eleanor's Bears Paw Ranch. A beautiful place! I'm a walker and we got a walk in most days, too. We can order apple pies from Julian and they are delivered the last day of camp.

Return to “Sew ins”