Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy November 1,st

Daily discussions.
fabricgirl

Happy November 1,st

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:03 am

Goodmorning everyone Im up early haveing coffee and reading my lovers knot book and trying to get ready to go to Khols super saturday sale Im going for the sheets then I will come back to meet my friend Ronda for coffee ang go to the LOQS gab somemore come home and start my quilt in between washing clothes I hope everyone has a great day what ever you are doing will check back later.

Fabricgirl

msdeets

Re: Happy November 1,st

Post by msdeets » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:20 am

Well Good morning everyone I must say that we topped our record for trick or treaters this year (We Had two) I will have to send the goodies to the grand kids to enjoy. I am going to iron clothes today and hopefully pack. Maybe get a little sewing in.I am hesitating starting a project before we leave. I think its a little chilly out today Have a wonderful day . Don't forget this weekend we change the clocks..
dee

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:41 am

Good morning everyone. Boy you two are up early (or late). We had about 20 kids last night. We can never tell around here. Today is cleaning day and hopefully sneaking in some work on a quilt for one of our grandaughters. Have a good day everyone.
Suzette58
Suzette

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:09 am

Good morning, Gals!

We never have any kids here for Halloween :( The first few years we lived here, I had candy ready. Oh well...

I'm going to press some string blocks & probably work on my friends wedding gift. If I'm feeling salty, I'll start cutting up some jeans for a denim quilt :)

kho

Post by kho » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:26 am

Good morning!! We had a TT last night. Our DGD dressed up as a chicken and we were the last stop. Today is my Saturday to watch her.Both parents are working today. Her parents are going to Galena to the Halloween parade and I think there is a hot air balloon rally there too-so around 3 they will be picking her up to for the trip.Then I need to bake,it's DS2 birthday tomorrow.He wants pies!! Have a good one and enjoy the day. Remember to set the clocks back!!

DouceFleur1

Post by DouceFleur1 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:59 am

Good morning everyone! Hope you're doing well! Here it's beautiful sunshine and 32°F, with a high of 41°F for the day. it's getting colder every day. Today, I'll be working on my blocks for the "9-patch fun Pick & Stitch". Also will continue to hand quilt on my coffee/tea cups calendar quilt (nothing fancy, stitching around the cups).

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

LOVE & HUGS

Denise

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:51 am

Good Morning everyone! Beautiful sunshine and crisp morning...
We had 446 trick or treaters last night! I just LOVE seeing them all. Lots of older kids and I think it's wonderful! Lots had really creative costumes and I'd rather see them out trick or treating than getting into trouble somewhere...

Last night I fixed my annual chili and made some "Trick or Treat Turnovers" for the first time..they were good! Canned biscuits rolled out and cut with a large pumpkin cutter and filled with cooked ground beef, onions, mustard and cheese. Yummy! Also, some apple crisp and coffee.

Hope to get to the sewing room today to cut charms for the swap, also have to check the "Pick and Stitch" for the new block!!!!!

Have a wonderful day!
BBL
Joanne

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:31 am

Good morning, y'all...
I am really loving these daily Sew-Ins, even if I am not sewing! Now that the Halloween rush is over, I can work on some UFOs, and my December lotto blocks, and....

Today, I need to process some laundry. I am getting low on clean socks and underpants; that's rare for me! Kids' things are mostly under control, but my own laundry needs some attention.

My sewing area is kind of a wreck. I REALLY need either to buy another bin for fabric storage or put at least some of my stash in a box and send it to the storage garage. OH, I'd hate to do that. You know the minute you box something up...that's when you need it! I could pack up my 4th of July stash...we'll be in our new place in January...I can go through and take out any reds that can double as Christmas fabrics...hmmmmm...

I'd like to put some time in on my boss' "grandma" quilt. Needs to be layered and tied. I have binding strips all cut out and ready.

Might help get things done if I got my big arse out of this chair and into the shower, eh?!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:33 am

Good morning all. I am not sure how many we had last night. I took DGS to the scout party and DH stayed home. We did get our tires slashed on the truck and boat trailer. That's the second time! DH and the neighbor ran after the kids and almost caught one. DH says with the flashlight he did get a good look at one and thinks he will recognize him if he sees him again. They were on foot so probably live in the area. The police came but nothing will come of that in this town. Not enough police and too many other things. I am going to post DGS in his elvis costume just as soon as I get DH out the door. Scout adults doing the refreshment booth at Cal Bears game today.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:38 am

kho---how far are you from Galena? I LOVE that little town! We went there while on vaction in Dubuque. I love that area!

Return to “Sew ins”