Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy November 1,st

Daily discussions.
lifeisgrand

Re: Happy November 1,st

Post by lifeisgrand » Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:52 am

I am busy hand-sewing the binding on a 105x105" quilt I made and am donating to my church. Raffle tickets are being sold by church members and the winner will be drawn at our annual soup supper next Saturday!
I chose earth tone fabrics. The focus fabric is a beautiful large leaf print in brown and forest green with just a smidgen of deep gold. This is a perfect color way for a quilt being raffled during fall!

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:08 am

afternoon all

I am being a slug today, I have managed to do some laundry but thats about it.

MastiffMomQlt

Post by MastiffMomQlt » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:27 am

Iowagal--Yep, we went to that dog track. We were there for a VERY short time cause it made me sad...

I went to cute quilt shop in Dubuqe & there was one in Galena which has closed since we were there.

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I LOVED Dubuque, Iowa. I'd move there in a heartbeat!

I got all my string blocks pressed & trimmed. I think I'll sew some more! I have a pile of scraps next to my machine & it dosn't look like I've made the slightest dent.

xo

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:44 am

lifeisgrand that's a huge quilt. Hope the person who wins appreciates all the effort put into it.

Caren, I know what you mean about the scrap pile. You think you're using them all up, but they just keep growing.

I got some cutting done and now to clear off the table so I can sew. I don't know how everything finds it's way into the sewing room Ugh!

Lori 8-)

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:46 am

Hi all I just thought I would pop back in for a few minuets Im working on my quilt and I think it's comming along pretty good so far I need to work on this one steady because it's a gift for my son and Fdil they are apt hunting right now hopefully when they go tommrow to check out this one place they might be abel to get it if the rent isn't toooooooooooooo high .I hope everyone is haveing a nice afternoon will come back later.

fabricgirl

SFOQuilter

Post by SFOQuilter » Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:50 am

Hi Everybody,

Finally the rain has arrived! It is so odd to finally get the wet stuff. I don't think it's rained since April?? So it's a nice cozy day to stay in the sewing room. Have fun with all your projects.

Michelle

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:51 am

My sewing area looks SO nice! I even vacuumed! I packed up some non-quilting fabrics, mostly corduroys, stretch velvets, and tulles, tied them snug in plastic bags against moisture, and put them in a box to go to storage. Their empty bin is now filled with the pile of fabrics that has accumulated over the past few months, my 4th of July stash, and my breast cancer fabrics and blocks.

After getting it all nice and neat, I was itching to get creative and mess it all up again! After lunch and some coffee, I pawed through my stash to find fabric to make a Christmas giftie for a dear friend, the "Cold Hands, Warm Heart" piece from QIADs Christmas at Bears Paw book. Suits my friend to a T, her hands are always cold and she is the most dear person, an angel sent to earth. I don't have a suitable red here; will have to make a run to Joann's and see what I can find, but everything else is here at hand. One of the fabrics I picked out is one she gave me when she decided sewing was not her hobby, so that will be a nice little touch.

As I was looking for fabrics...ugh! >>>CRAMPS<<< I was pretty miserable for about an hour, thinking I should just go lay down and forget about sewing. A good dose of Motrin is kicking in, though, so I am feeling better, but a little washed-out. Finding I was blessed to win the November block lotto was great for my spirits!

I need to go deal with the clean laundry for a while. Don't want it to be in my way when I decide to hit the rack tonight! Really need to do a quick run to the grocery store, we are out of milk and bread, and nearly out of butter.

If I don't get back later, hope everyone is having fun today!

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:48 pm

Good evening to all!! I just finished posting a couple of pictures of the autograph quilt I've been working on. Found some great deals at Kohl's today, so I've got a complete new outfit for the auction. I am so thrilled to be going to this event & just hope that I don't trip while I'm there.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:21 pm

grammie ya just got to go "where the action is" now I guess! All my life I've lived in pretty rural areas, so no trick or treaters...I moved here 13 yrs. ago and it's just wonderful! Love the kids!! My DD & family always come over to "help"--'cause they live where there are none, too. Several years ago our ex-son-in-law came over and said that it reminded him of "Mayberry"...

Gosh, "T", I'd like to be one of the California Girls for awhile, just to hang out with all of you!

lifeisgrand your quilt sounds beautiful! I made one that big for my DGD...it was my first machine quilted quilt! Wouldn't fit in my frame to hand quilt.

biancatom, where in Ohio are you??? I live about 35 (long!)miles east of Cincinnati in a small village.

I got all my charms cut for the November Charm swap - it's pastels, and at first I didn't think I had any. Then I started going through my stash and found plenty!

CarolJ - isn't winning fun! (CarolJ and I both won the November Block Lotto!!!) I honestly could NOT believe it!!!!

I guess I better go make up the bed...I stripped it and washed everything including the quilt...I HATE to make up the bed (but I LOVE clean sheets!!) DH will help, tho.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day!!
Joanne:0)

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:52 pm

Busy last couple of days. Finally have a chance to collapse and say HI.
Had a party at school right at the end. Let the parents deal w/ the sugar high. Came home, napped, put "costume" on, went out to dinner (0ld family tradition, go out), dropped Joe off at one party and went to party at LQS. Got some great deals and saw a lot of friends, then went back to first party for games and a bonfire.
Today slept late, went to another shop to get some extra fabric. When we were given the yardage for the mystery quilt from the guild they did not allow any wiggle room. Heaven help you if you made a booboo. Of course I made on cutting and one sewing. Luckily, they had it all. Then went to late, large lunch at an Amish restaurant.
Reality then reared its ugly head, and went to grocery. I'm tired. Plan to sew tomorrow and get the meats I purchased devided into usable portions for 2 people. DH offered, but I'd still have to watch him.
Well, he did get normal colored teeth. I couldn't convince him to go daring. He said he might be regretting taking me w/ him. He is so cute.
Plan to watch a little football and hit the sack. We do get an extra hour tonight. YEAH!!. Will watch Bengals lose again tomorrow. UK won today and are now bowl eligible. I'm a hapy camper.
May be back later, if not will be here tomorrow.

Return to “Sew ins”