Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy November 1,st

Daily discussions.
Marilynsgrammy

Re: Happy November 1,st

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:41 am

Good Morning everyone.
It is sure raining here... DH covered the screen windows in the breezway just in time.... and the birds love the rain puddles so they can finally have a bath.

We didn't have one trick or treater... guess I will have to sacrafice and eat those little hershey bars myself... ugh.

Today I am going to sew the top together for my Ispy quilt and hopefully get it all put together this weekend.... I think I have a plan b... I want to put the abc's on the back of the quilt and have a panel just need to do some figuring... I hate math. I also have a tossed nine patch cut out and ready to put together.... wouldn't it be wonderful if I was so productive that I got it all done???

ok, time to get moving, hope you all have a perfect day
Chriss

Psalm 91

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:58 am

Caren.. Have you been to the dog track at Dubuque? My sisters and I try to get together and go once a year, but the wedding put the kabosh to that this year. There is a nice quilt shop or two in Dubuque as well, and Galena is so pretty this time of year. It is about two hours from me.

I have all three quilt tops done and am going to load the colts one on the frame this am. I practiced with the metallic thread so I think everything is ok and ready to go. I need to go to town for a manicure and groceries as well.

Redsaltbox

Post by Redsaltbox » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:02 am

Good morning everyone. It's another crisp fall day in NH. We did not get any Trick or Treaters last night. So lots of extra candy!! I just finished a little SBS doll quilt. Now I am going to work on my round for the Christmas RR. Hope everyone has a nice day.
Lisa

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:15 am

Mornin' all, I'm getting ready to walk out the door to go to work. Hope everyone has a fun and productive day today.

Houston gals, hope you have another wonderful and exciting day.

I'll check back in when I get home from work.

Later

DeniAZ

Post by DeniAZ » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:50 am

Good Morning all!
Had great trick or treaters last night, ran out of candy by 7:15... Just checking the messages over coffee this morning, hoping to get some sewing done. (I keep getting sidetracked)

I'm working on a Roman Stripe - received the kit as a b-day present 2 years ago. Just finished sewing all the little strips together. Hope to cut and sew the larger strips, then time to cut out the triangles and play with the layout!

I have a stack of completed tops (baby to twin), that need to have a plan to quilt -- I hate the basting process (I've tried sprays, pins, thread...) I think I need a few more hands! Do you have any suggestions?

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:56 am

Hi everyone I,m getting a late start today...made omlets from egg whites this morning and they were good...We only had about 20 TT last night I was disappointed as It is a fun tradition that is dieing....Next year I going to my DD she lives in a sub with a zillion kids...so I wil make dinner at her house and she and Sil can take the kids out and I'll pass out candy for her.....we talked last night and came up with this plan.....Today I found a patchwork top that my DD made when she was a little one and I gave her scraps and my sewing machine and she pieced a top 60x60 of 3 inch squares....some of the scraps are from the clothing I made for her...there are squares of fabric my mother had in a bag that was from my sisters clothes my mom made for them(ugly stuff from the 60s) but it was for her to play with ....well this DD doesn't thread a needle now...so she stopped by and saw the top and we both almost cried....I told her I would border it and layer it and take it to my sis house and lizzie quilt it for her...It has some memories stitched into it and everytime I look at it I see another fabric I remember...I see the mismatched blocks and crocked seams all just give me a warm feeling inside.....sniff...BBL

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:05 am

*Smile*

Good Morning Every one.

I'll be sewing/quilting most of this weekend.
I might run a few errands with Jeff or stay behind sewing/quilting.

I have absolutely NO time for chores. Except my birds. I allready took care of PepperDawg and hope to take her for a walk in the park with Jeff.

Baby El has been behaving very good since she had that ONE day of giving me fits. Someone told me that she might be spoiled rotten.

Are there Pictures posted from the Houston show yet?

In 2 WEEKS we hope to meet up with other forum members in Julian.
4 campers will be there. In addition to the 4 campers I received 3 PM's of forum members that they're coming up to meet up with us.
Mama Parker is one of them.

Weather here is mild and pleasant.

*T*

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:25 am

Good morning ladies. Just been enjoying the morning. Going to get going on some sewing soon though. I need to take down the Halloween decorations first. We only had 4 kids last night, so I have lots of candy left. Looks like everyone is busy already. I better get going. Lori
Lori 8-)

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:31 am

I woke up about 3:15 this morning to go to the bathroom, I thought about turning on the computer and being the first one on the 'sew in', wouldn't have that surprised everyone.!!! Just as well I didn't, fabricgirl would have beat me by about 10 minutes anyway LOL

We only had about ten kids last night, but Max loved it. Everytime the doorbell rang he would run outside to greet everyone and be petted. Next year I will put him in a costume LOL

I went to spend the day with my daughter yesterday and we went to the mall. Haven't gone mall shopping in a while so we were just wondering around. We went into Penny's to check out the baby clearance and passed furniture on the way. They weren't busy so I thought I would sit for a minute. I sat down in the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in. It was a recliner and it fit me like a glove. And it was on SALE!!!! I fell in love. Twenty minutes and 3 sales people later I decided I have to have this chair. My DD is trying to talk me out of it because I have no room anywhere in my house for this chair. I don't care, I WANT this chair. She did manage to convince me to go home and figure out where I was going to put it before I actually bought it. When did she get so practical??

Soooo with my DH and Mom watching me like i have gone insane, I whip out a tape measure and rearrange my living room. DH was already in the process of making a new stand for the flatscreen TV so that it will hang from the ceiling, so that helped a lot. I can do this, so I will go over later this morning and order my chair.

biancatom

Post by biancatom » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:58 am

Well, I think I will join in today. I got my housework done, walked my dogs, and ran my errands. So now I can sit down, and handquilt that Christmas panel with my 10 year old daughter. She wants to learn how to hand quilt, and so she picked out this little panel. We will have to get that done so she can hang it in her room. Let's see how far we will get today.

Return to “Sew ins”