Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy November 1,st

Daily discussions.
CaroleJ

Re: Happy November 1,st

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:30 pm

I'm back...youngest and I ran out, got a few groceries and gassed up the car...filled the tank for under $50--Yaaaaay!

YES, Joanne, it is sweet to win all those blocks! Have fun with them; I am looking forward to seeing them and bringing them out to play!

On 2nd look, I found a pretty red in stash for the Christmas gift. It will work. I may use it as a narrow folded border as well, to add a little more oomph.

Dinner was steamed potatoes, smothered in chili, shredded cheese, scallions, and sour cream, with a side of cornbread...it was a hit, even with the kids. I don't know why I never thought of this before; it's going to be a cold-day standard around here. Boy is it filling!
<burp!>

I'm going to sneak a little sewing in before the bedtime rush starts!

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi Everyone,
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! I sewed three (more) grocery sacks this morning from some denium I bought on sale at Jo-Ann's last weekend. It will be nice to have a few more sacks. (I did not get to the grocery store today though.)

Grammiequilts - I think you have found a real treasure!! What a wonderful find! You must have stars in your eyes with all the memories that quilt is bringing back.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:51 pm

mequilter9158 - your quilt is awesome! Did you design it yourself??? Or did you have a pattern?? I'd be soooo nervous going to that type of event, but you'll be fine! Let's see....something about picturing everyone naked??!! LOL

Rosie, you sound tired! Are the Bengals playing tomorrow??? Gosh, seems like they've been playing FOREVER...and never win.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:52 pm

CaroleJ and Joanne -
Congratulations on winning!!

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:03 pm

Joanne......I used part of the crackerbox pattern from QIAD and then did the sashing at 2 1/2 inches, border at 4 1/2". The owner of a LQS did the quilting & embroidery on the 3 blocks & top border, I did the embroidery for the players names with a machine I had rented for a weekend. I'm so glad it's done, but I'm sure going to miss it. We're hoping that this type of quilt can be done yearly for them. This next time we'll need to collect the signatures ourselves, but it'll be fun to do that.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:19 pm

mequilter9158 - I know what you mean about missing the quilt!! I made a Schoolhouse quilt to be raffled for our Antique Machinery Show to help pay some on a project that my DH was organizing. We took down an old one room schoolhouse, brick by brick, moved it all to the showgrounds and rebuilt it. It seemed sad to see the quilt go - I had used El's pattern and instructions and put alot of thought and effort into it--it was hand quilted, too. It just seemed like my "baby"! LOL!

Quilter7 - do you use a pattern for your grocery sacks?? That sounds kind of neat to do...

CarolJ - YMMM! Your dinner sounds good!! My DH wouldn't like it, but I WOULD!!

Grammie - what an awesome find!!! What nice memories!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:47 pm

Sounds like everyone had a great day....I'm headed for the showers...I made more pillowcases bordered my DD top and cleaned the sewing room... Now I'm gonna turn back the clocks and take a hot shower......I hope every one has a great evening west coast folks it is just starting...us on this side are almost done for the night.XXXOOOJudi

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:50 pm

Night, grammie..........I'm headed to bed, too after I turn back the clocks. Can't wait for an additional hour of sleep tonight!! Didn't get any sewing done but there's always tomorrow, right? I'll pop in tomorrow morning! Sweet dreams to all.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:53 pm

Joannequilts - Yes I do have a pttern, however I have had the pattern quite a few years. It is a McCalls (#6820). The sacks are nice and large. I use nylon webbing for the handles so they are very comfortable to carry too. I had 5 large and two small and today I made 3 more large. The baggers at the store are filling them too full so I thought if I made more it would help.

Return to “Sew ins”