Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Halloween Sew-In!

Daily discussions.
Georgiapeach

Happy Halloween Sew-In!

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:42 am

Good morning! What do ya'll have planned for today? I'm going to try to get a pumpkin carved. Don't think we're going to get any trick-or-treaters at the new house, we're back off the road on a hill, but we'll see. I've got my witches hat ready and will be practicing my cackling.

suzette58

Re: Happy Halloween Sew-In!

Post by suzette58 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:52 am

I don't know how much sewing I'll get done. I love seeing the kids all dressed up for Halloween. So, we are going to have a pot of veggie chili for dinner and hand out candy. Happy Halloween everyone!!!
Suzette58

Suzette

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:04 am

Good morning, Suzette! I always make a beef stew and bake it inside a hollowed out pumpkin. I've had a "sick bug" this week, though, and don't know if I feel up to doing that, but it'll feel odd not to if I don't! Might need to bake some chicken soup in one instead! LOL! I love seeing the little trick-or-treaters, too! If we don't have any come to our door this year Daisy sure will be disappointed, she loves to greet the kiddos and gets so excited seeing them. A couple years ago I put a glo-stick in her collar and a little witches hat, she wore it all night.

kadie

Post by kadie » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:51 am

Peachy, I didn't think you would need to practice that cackling!
Well this old witch is off to bed, have a great Halloween ladies & gents!

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:11 am

Goodmorning well Im switching my machine to the dinning room so that I can get a little sewing in while handing out the candy but before all of this I have to take a shower because I just came back from the gym and still need to go foodshopping well enough of this evreyone have a happy.

fabricgirl

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:29 am

Have a three friends coming for a 'stitch-in' today. Need to go swish out the bathroom and get some muffins baking.

DH just laughed when I told him I was having a 'stitch-in' today - after being away for 5 days last week with my guild, he said "like you really NEED another stitch-in!" He just doesn't understand, does he?

All the dinner plans sound good - I haven't even THOUGHT of dinner yet.

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:50 am

Goodnight, kadie! And for your info, yes I do need to practice my cackling! LOL!

Ann, a "Stitch-In" sounds like a perfect way to spend the day, and no, the DH's just don't seem to understand how often we need those kind of days! LOL! Bet the muffins will be tasty and ya'll will have a blast in your beautiful sewing studio! Have a good one!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:16 am

I think it's going to be another warm day; we need to eat earlier than usual 'cause we are meeting friends for trick-or-treating at 6:00pm. So, what to make...?

We have 3 pumpkins carved, 3 to go...on Halloween, nothing succeeds like excess! I made mine into a little house, hot-glued pretzels together to make a door, used Triscuits to build a little chimney and Melba toast rounds for front steps...the ants are going to go wild out there, but it was fun! Got an abrupt reminder of how *very hot* the hot glue gun can get...OUCH! Emma and I were talking yesterday about making the last pumpkins kinda gruesome, with kitchen knives or garden tools stuck in their heads...heh, heh...

Need to finish up last details on costumes, FIND THE MAKEUP that I stashed SOMEWHERE, carve the last of the pumpkins, and tidy up the front patio and walkway.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:14 am

Morning It's gonna be in the 60s today so Im glad for the little kids I need to tidy up the sewing room the cat from h*** was in here and got into the scrap bag again(I didn't put it away) also there are spools of thread on the floor....I must have ticked her off some how probably no sewing today....unless it's much later.bbl

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:14 am

rain...and Halloween...a free dress day (kids wear uniforms at my school)and a minimum day for students (out at 12:20)...this will be an interesting day at school

Return to “Sew ins”