Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Halloween Sew-In!

Daily discussions.
cyberspacequilter

Re: Happy Halloween Sew-In!

Post by cyberspacequilter » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:33 pm

Glad you are better Peach. I am some better....don't like taking the vicoden for too long and it is useless if you take it too freqently and I have to have it for the arthritis...I really sound like an old fart...huh? I still have stitches in my mouth and along my jaw line. the bone splintered probably because of the osteoporosis and it just took a while to spread from the jaw bone as it was still attached down low and protruding with pressure on a nerve...
I am better though.

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:33 pm

Pumpkin carving is an art. lol You can't make a master piece in 10 minutes. I just set mine out with out even carving it. I forgot until it was too late. Oh well.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:35 pm

Sue that sounds terrible. I hate anything having to do with dentisty.
Lori 8-)

cyberspacequilter

Post by cyberspacequilter » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:35 pm

Maybe Nancy and I can help you raid your warehouse and you can help us with the one near Nashville. We might have to go and take a purchase order from Bill for his business and just stock him up with fabric and sewing notions...How about that?

cyberspacequilter

Post by cyberspacequilter » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:38 pm

ZFC,
I worked with a guy that used to do a pumpkin every year that looked just like our governor....he would carve the layers where that it was shaded perfectly and our governor's face back then was kinda pumpkin shaped...this co-worker won the contest every year...

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:38 pm

I came back in here to get the measurements for the flying geese rulers and got distracted. Okay I'm really going to go cut up some fabric now.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:39 pm

I'm sure many people have carved our gov. He's the terminator lol.
Lori 8-)

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:40 pm

Oh Sue, that sounds miserable! I can really sympathize, I had 10 surgeries on my jaw in a 2-yr. period and it was a nightmare. I can't take pain meds, but Advil works really good for me, thank goodness because it's all I can take. If you can tolerate Advil, use it for inbetween doses of the vicodin, it reduces the inflammation and you won't have to take the vicodin so often. Oh, I feel so bad for you, hope you start feeling a whole lot better SOON! No, you don't sound like an old fart, you sound like a hurtin fart! LOL!

cyberspacequilter

Post by cyberspacequilter » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:40 pm

Hey Pam,
Bill's Office Equipment and Quilting Supplies....think he would go for it...at least all of your stuff would be a business expense.
LOL
Sue

cyberspacequilter

Post by cyberspacequilter » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm

I do take Advil...but it makes me swell and send the BP up but sometimes I just have to take it....My BP by that time is already up from the mouth pain...haha

Return to “Sew ins”