Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Halloween eve

Daily discussions.
gmaann

Re: Halloween eve

Post by gmaann » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Tul - it's OK with me if you post the photo of the LK tablerunner. It isn't finished, though - not quilted.

I could do it, but it would take me until TOMORROW to go through all those steps for posting a photo!

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:55 pm

not sure if anyone is here but HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO.
I have been so busy working at work that I have not had time to chat ;( and then sewing when I get home. We have anew modem but something is still wonky I keep getting kicked off line, in fact 5 times in the last 20 minutes. It blinks off and then pops back on.
I have sent 2 quilts to a LA quilter this week :)
I have 3 bindings to do (boo hiss)
I have 2 quilts to finish cutting out
and my crazy husband offered to have 12...get that 12...college students come to dinner on Sat night. they are all out of state students who attend Univ of Cal Irvine. Good thing he cooks but oh I have to clean up the messes I have in the dining room and on the kitchen counter (My living room, dining room and kitchen are all one big area)
now that I have chatted and chatted I need to go eat some dinner...

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi Carolyn - wish I could help you with the bindings - I really LIKE to do them. I know, I'm STRANGE!

My quilt guild is going on a FART on Saturday - 3 shops in a county about 2 hours away. I'm going to try to control myself, as I'd like to save my $$ for camp in Julian.

SFOQuilter

Post by SFOQuilter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:09 pm

Judi,

Somewhere on the west coast???? !!!!!!!!!! hahahaha. Go Sharks!

Michelle

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:13 pm

Well we made it to Houston just fine. Even on muscle relaxers & Hydrocodone the pain bothered me. We stopped so I could buy a Heating pad so I am fixing to take a hot shower and hit the sack with the heating pad & hopefully crash. I slept very little last night because every time I moved I hurt like the devil. Finally at 4, I took the dogs out and sat out with them for 30 minutes til another darned pill took affect. SO I am tired!!!!!!! Looking forward to tomorrow!!!!!! DH has been such a trooper and so attentive. He is really excited.

I wish you all were here & then this trip would be complete!!!!!! I will think of each of you, you can count on that. I cannot wait to see Eleanor, Cindy, Ann, Victoria, Sue & Debbie. And I get to meet Cindy's best friend Vicky!!! Looking forward to tomorrow alright! LOL

Hugs & Love Everyone

PS. Guess who ran off and left the camera sitting on the bar??????? Yepper! So Cindy, Ann or Sue I hope ya'll will have one. LOL

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:14 pm

Ann I like to do bindings too can we be weird together?
Carolyn good luck with all those kids at your house.

Kids had a blast, we had tacos for dinner, they had been bag toss and fish pond sort of games then we went out to the parking lot and had out "trunk or treat" so the kids are gorging on sugar. LOL!

When we got home the kids had a box from DGM and DGP in CA full of candy for halloween so they are so totally sugared up its crazy and its not even offically Halloween.

I may have to find some childrens chewable valum to get them in bed tonight.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Just remembered something that would make an awesome Christmas gift since some of you have been asking for ideas. This morning I was trying to hurry & get packed as I was dressing. My flat iron for my hair was still too hot to pack. I thought "what can I use?" I went and got one of the pads made to put on the handle of you pan so you do not burn your hand & I'll be jiggers it fit onto my flat iron just perfectly! So I also tried it on my Curling Iron. It fit too. So ladies go buy a Curling Iron or Flat Iron, make a holder like you would a pot holder and you have a very nice Christmas gift!!!! Excellant if you travel.

Hugs & Love

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Ann and CArin...you must both know some secret that I don't about bindings. and CArin...better watch out or all the quilts I do between Christmas and July will be waiting for you when you come to the Long Beach Show next year :)

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:20 pm

Cathy...I made one of those for may daughter that fits her different curling irons. I found a free pattern on the web and it was easy....you could make one to match a make-up bag....
It took less than 10 minutes to make and I used scraps from an overnight bag I had made for her

gmaann

Post by gmaann » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:20 pm

Of course, CArin!! I'm always looking for someone to be weird with!

Return to “Sew ins”