Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October is almost over Where did it go

Daily discussions.
msdeets

October is almost over Where did it go

Post by msdeets » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:33 pm

I havn't started packing for our trip but I did finish my black and white quilt for a christmas gift.
By the way Christmas is LESS than two months away. I just can't believe it.
It actually snowed already at the Jersey shore yesterday YUK!
Tonight will be the start of my ironing and stacking for my packing. Can't wait to go away we are going on a cruise for 12 days to the southern Carribbean. NICE WARM WEATHER HOORAY!
Have a wonderful day All>>>***<<<<

fabricgirl

Re: October is almost over Where did it go

Post by fabricgirl » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:51 pm

Hi Miss Deets I see you beat me today I will start cutting out my Lovers Knot quilt today Hopefully I will have it finished by the time you come back from your trip well thats sisters for you well everyone time for me to run I have the health fair at work today and am going to Love every minuet of it goofing off like you wouldn't belive.

fabricgirl

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:13 am

Good morning everyone. We have LOTS of wind here yesterday and this morning. I still have not gotten started on one of the quilts that are going to be a christmas present. Seeing that October ends this week I better get started. I am still adjusting to my husband's new work schedule. Anyway Have a great day
Suzette58
Suzette

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:49 am

I have had insomnia and was up all nite. I did 6 applique letters for travis' quilt.... until I ran out of black thread. Have two and 1/2 more to go.. I will have to run to town after I get off work at noon and pick up some more material and thread. I hope to have this thing done in a week.

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:16 am

Hello Everyone...A day of cleaning for me...and laundry ,of course......I sewed some last night and squared up some of my scrap blocks.....Kinda cold here this morning 37....they say tomorrow morning will be 27..and warm up some...Thursday..I Hope so...we want to take the Granddaughters trick or treating.....well, better get my butt up and in gear..........Beverly

kenderosa

Post by kenderosa » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:58 am

Good Morning everyone! I've already downed half a pot of coffee trying to get warm. It's 36 this morning and that is cold for us Southerner's! :o) Off to get a mammogram and ultra sound. Nice cold day to be doing THAT!!! Yikes Friday is almost here and Cindyg (Boing) and I will be off to the Quilt Festival! Have a great day!!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:57 am

Morning....Have lots of errand today but I managed to cut out 3 pairs of pillowcases to match the gift quilts I made When I get home I will try to get them finished....If you haven't tried them and you like pillow cases...it is so much fun to make....I know it's not new but I am making some as gifts and because they are so simple I will make one for each future quilt to store them....I will know which quilt is in the case by the matching fabric. ( this would make a great tip for Els new magazine tip section if she has one)BBL Judi

Have a great warm trip...12 days WOW

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:34 am

Msdeets - have a wonderful, relaxing cruise. Did ya have to mention Christmas???? UGH Oh, well, I'm having my Christmas this weekend because it's the quilt show! WOO HOO day after tomorrow!!!! BOING BOING BOING

Fabricgirl - what colors are you doing your Lover's Knot? Have fun go ofing off - LOL.

Iowagal - at least you have productive insomnia! I stay in bed and flip and flop and toss and turn.

It is cold down here, as Kenderosa said. We don't normally get this until January or February. It's about 35* but the sun is shining brightly and it will be a beautiful day of 72* weather. By the weekend our days will be up to 80*. Right now, however, my feet are freezing because I didn't wear socks with my Crocs.

Joannequilts

Post by Joannequilts » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:17 am

Cold here in SW Ohio this morning - low 30's but beautiful and sunny! It's hard to warm up when you're not used to the change! We have a visitation tonight and funeral tomorrow - my SIL passed away Sat. night unexpectedly.
I'm washing fabric AGAIN! Seems like that's all I do now! I'm in the November Charm Swap - pastels, so it all needs to be washed first. I don't usually wash pastels when I do my own.

Grammie - do you have a pattern for your pillowcases that you use and would share?? I made some several years ago to match quilts I made for the grandkids, but have no idea what I did with the instructions! Probably put it somewhere "safe" so I wouldn't loose it!lol!

Hope you guys have a wonderful time at the quilt show - I've never been to one.

BBL maybe!
Joanne:0)

fabricgirl - can't believe there's snow in NJ! What colors are you using in your LK quilt?

Iowagirl - I'm like cindyg, toss and turn instead of doing something productive! Maybe I'll try sewing instead!

moma_lolaham

Post by moma_lolaham » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:53 am

Hi all. Msdeets I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise. I hope someday my hubby and I can do the same. I have always thought I'd like to be on a big ship and just cruise along. Enjoy! Hope to sew a little more on my Christmas stockings. Got one finished last night starting another today. Have a happy day everyone!
Lawanna

Return to “Sew ins”