Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October 28

Daily discussions.
sewcarolyn

Re: October 28

Post by sewcarolyn » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:57 am

Hi I have students working independently. A local Carls Jr gave me a stack of certificates for their Kids Meals so I am having the students write a sentence and draw a picture. We are then going to bind them into a book and send it to the manager...then the kids have to earn the certificates.

3rd and 4th grade boys are fun to watch and listen to their banter. for some reason they must think that I can't hear what they are saying even though I am less than 2 feet away. It reminds me of carpooling for Girl Scout trips oh the things you hear ;)

great a bird just flew into my room and pooped on a kid....that was fun...

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:58 am

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Fabricgirl - chicken parm sounds so good.

Sandy - we do get accustom to our modern conveniences, don't we? When we lost power during/after hurricane Ike, I tried to turn on the bathroom light every time I went in there, and the closet, too. We used our gas BBQ grill to cook on. We boiled water and poured it thru the coffee maker for coffee. Not fun!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:18 am

Ok I don't drink so I rearrainged some furniture and cleaned my bedroom I'm so ugly today it doesn't matter. Dh will fix my car when he gets home and the spagetti sauce is done. Called the LA and she is so sweet she said "oh bring it in next week I"ll have it done in no time at all" and she is putting my other chriostmas gift on the machine tomorrow so I will be done with christmas quilts and some pillowcases to match I am adicted to those 20 minute pillow cases....I never knew how to do a french seam before....Old dog...new trick....LOve ya Later

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:50 am

Just got back from the store with a new microwave. Life is back to normal, I am happy

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:25 pm

Thanks, everyone, for prayers and good thoughts...I think I am mostly sagging today from lack of sleep! Had a nap this morning, and a small splash of coffee at around noon; both helped, but now I am really hitting the wall! Sinuses got better as the day went on, thank goodness!

Youngest (my sweet 9 year old) is sick...her dad says he felt swollen glands this morning, I couldn't feel any and I'm the nurse...but now Claire is convinced she has mumps...Lord save me...lol! She can be a bit of a worry-wart when she is sick. I am trying to humor and reassure at the same time...and I'd like to kick her dad in the kiester for suggesting it might be mumps (she's been vaccinated). She does have a fever and is pale, climbed into her bed this afternoon and slept for over an hour. Doesn't want to eat much; I keep after her to get her to at least drink water or juice. My little invalid ;-)

Eldest (11) was very sweet at lunchtime and made her sister a bread and butter fold-over and even CUT THE CRUSTS OFF (which I won't do). Wow. She needs an extra hug and praise for that, I want to encourage those kind gestures as much as possible!

Did a little bit of sewing, made a little giftie something. Seems it needs some embellishing, looks a bit blah...maybe some yo-yo's? That could work...I'll look at it later and give it some thought.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:38 pm

Good evening starting to feel better even think I tasted the spagetti..Dh went and got a battery for my car and put it in said I am good to go...Gotta love that man.....dishes are done kitchen is clean and DH even fixed my CD player (I didn't even ask) so now I will have music while I clean house.....and quilt. I'm gonna make a few more pillowcases for my sis and dbils.

I'm sitting here typing my cat is in a basket next to my chair SNORING...I don't think she has ever snored before...it's kind cute but I moved the basket and she quit. oh well later.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:00 pm

Evenin' everyone. I had to go to the grocery after work so I got home late again today. Yesterday it was an hour and a half just to get the oil changed in my car - grrrrrr. So we just finished dinner and I got the last load of laundry out of the dryer. I'm tired so I won't go cut fabric. I think I'll park my hiney on the love seat and locker hook tonight.

How much fabric does it take to make one of those pillow cases?

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:22 pm

Pillowcase yardage
3/4 yd main(all wof)
1/4 yd edge
2 inch accent

Addictive i need more things to keep me busy LOL

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:52 pm

Thanks for the pillow yardage.

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:57 pm

Whewwwwwwwwww...I didn't think I was ever going to finish reading through new medical benefits plans. I've been at it most of today. Have to re-enroll this year in order to be covered for next year.

BOING BOING Cindyg.....That is a great idea. I'll start making plans and saving money so I can hopefully attend next year. I had already thought about planning a vacation to attend one of the quilt shows, just hadn't decided which one. BOING, BOING, BOING......Cindy just bounced past my house again.....aaaannd Ann.....wait a minute.....oh I think I see Cathy, too. Yep......there they go.......take it easy on the landings girls. lol

Return to “Sew ins”