Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Oct the 27th

Daily discussions.
luv_2quilt60

Oct the 27th

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:55 am

Hello All....Hope it's warm in our part of the country.....getting cold today ...Not out of the 40's..Brrr....put DH off to work.....Well, U all have a good Day.....Bev

luv_2quilt60

Re: Oct the 27th

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:56 am

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:36 am

Well, it's supposed to be 54 here today and as the week goes on it is supposed to be cooler. I am going to start my Split Rail top today but I will be delayed because I cut strips too narrow. I ordered more fabric over the internet to fix the problem. Oh well, such is life. Have a great day.
Suzette58
Suzette

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:21 am

I was just listening to the weather we are going to have rain and snow showers today and tomorrow with temps in the forties....Sounds like a soup day.....I have a sore throat cough and a sore nose from blowing and I just feel miserable....babysit the grandkids and caught what they had. I have a couple of errands to run today but just close to home. Quilt top is supposed to go to the LA but I'll call her tomorrow. BBL if I feel better..XXXOOO

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:31 am

Wow, you all are up early! I should talk! LOL
Gotta run to work, clock is going much too fast, should be out the door right now, but,,,,,,,,,,,,
Have a great day everyone , and happy sewing, cold here in PA, about mid 30's, frost on the car windows!!!!!

Take care of that cold, grammiequilts!

Suzette, just save the smaller strips for a rail fence with the smaller size strips and add some more, then you'll have 2! <smile> Haven't we all done the same thing! I have a number of strips and squares that "weren't supposed to be that size"!

WeSignificant

Post by WeSignificant » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:48 am

Good Morning all. It is still dark out here. Probably in the low 50's.Supposed to start cooling down out here in the west.

Gotta go to work today. All you who get to stay home, I wish I was with you! Have a nice day sewing.
A Friend is God's way of making sure we never walk alone!

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:14 am

Oh I cannot wait to lose this stupid daylight savings time!! It is just after 0600 and still dark out!

We are off to our Girl Scout Halloween party later today. Gotta throw together some costumes from the dress-up basket...I don't want the girls to wreck this year's costumes so they can wear last year's if they want, or wear the flapper dresses from camp.

Note to self: get a battery for the camera on the way out!

Haven't a clue what to make for dinner...needs to be fairly simple, we won't be home from GS until nearly four and I don't want to be in a panic. I think we have some frozen tortellini and a sausage; I'll have to check.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:09 am

Good morning. I'm at work but I might as well not be. My mind just can't get wrapped around my bookkeeping. I'm too excited about the quilt show this weekend - BOING BOING BOING. I did manage to iron two fabrics last night and get my fussy cut centers cut out. Then my two shows came on so I sat there a did locker hooking while watching. Well, I got my car cleaned up this weekend and we went and voted to get that out of the way and I got the laundry done and my fall decorating done. I'm getting an oil change after work, cooking some kind of dinner and then I'm going to be cutting out more of my quilt until Boston Legal comes on. I hope everyone has a great day!

csusio

Post by csusio » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:13 am

Way up here in the top left corner of the US it's 40 degrees and won't be light until at least 7:30 am! Next Monday it will be light earlier, but then we have to live with darkness by 5:30 in the afternoon! Guess we can't win once the sun starts to travel to the southern hemisphere. We've had a couple of frosts already but not this a.m. The cool overnight temps have really made the leaves pretty. See the picture below.
Today I will sit and sew as long as I can. I love Mondays now that I'm retired. So I'm off to grab my first cup of coffee and get the sewing machine fired up. Have a great day!
Susi

[/img]

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:36 am

I am working today at my regular job and tonight at Joann's. I guess I will be a little tired since I am working at Joann's Mon, Wed, and Fri this week but I do not have to work the weekend so that will be nice.

I have been making a king size quilt for a customer out of El's 25 years and still stripping book. My first 18 blocks came out just perfect. I was piecing a few at a time instead of all at once. Well I got the bright idea that since there was no problem with those I would just cut out the rest of the 18 contrasting squares and piece them together at one time. What a mess. They do not even line up and I don't know what I did. It is the star point section of the block. Of course I shortened my stitch length on my sewing machine for this quilt and it is going to be a bear to take these star points apart. Everything measured up right so I am at a loss. I may just buy more material and start over with those blocks. That will probably be the easiest thing to do. I really hate when that happens though. NO MORE BRIGHT IDEAS FOR ME. I will do my blocks a few at a time from here on out.

Brenda

Return to “Sew ins”