Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Sunday October 26th

Daily discussions.
cindyg

Re: Happy Sunday October 26th

Post by cindyg » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:54 am

Jacquie - happy wedding week! I say that tongue in cheek - the little last minute things before a wedding can really keep you running.

DewDew - I wish I was close enough to help you clear out your space. I'm so jealous but I still love you.

Everyone is busy today. I'm finishing up my laundry then going out to muck out my car. It's been collecting stuff for a while now and I can't stand it anymore. I straightened up my sewing studio last night and got some fabric strips cut for my locker hooking. I still haven't ironed my fabric. Maybe I'll get to do that later. I'm trying to keep busy in order to keep my excitement down about the quilt show next weekend. BOING BOING BOING! Y'all have a great day. I wish I could spend mine sewing. BBL

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:59 am

Good Morning from WINDY and cold Minnesota!!! Just made my 2nd POT of coffee and any minute now I'm going to get butt in gear and start cleaning and moving stuff around.

DD just left a little bit ago to stop at her Dad's before she's headed back to Phoenix. Close as we can tell she'll be moving home around Nov. 20th. I'm going to check out one-way flights to Phoenix aroudn the 20th of Nov so I can fly down and drive back home with her. She has some packing to do when she gets back!!! And we're still checking out moving companies that can load her stuff and bring it home. Now I just have to check with my boss and see if I can get the time off!

It's so windy here today that the leaves are blowing sideways! Sure am glad I didn't spend any time raking them into piles!!!

Hope y'all have a great day!
Marymargaret

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:15 am

Before running off to work wanted to update you all on my sloooooowwwwwwww progress. I now have all the cornerstone blocks attached to the arcs, 45 of the completed 'footballs' together, and 5 more pinned ready to sew.

Kathy....Wish you luck getting some more of your stuff moved into your sewing room.

Carole....Glad you are starting to feel better.

Jacquie....I feel for you. Crunch time is here, but I have all the faith in the world that you will make it. This is going to be a very, very busy week for you. Good luck.

Cindyg.......Slow down superball, you will end up here at my house instead of in Houston if you continue to bounce that hard. LOL

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:25 am

Hi to all...........it's windy & cold outside, a good day to be sewing in the warm basement. I've got chili in the crockpot for supper tonight, so hopefully I can finish a couple of projects today. First one is one more row for the flannel quilt & then I'll sew it together. Second one......two totes that just need a little time to be finished up. I'll be picking up the second autograph quilt as soon as it's done, so I need to focus on that when it comes back home, needs binding & a hangar on the back. It needs to be ready by Thursday for the last meeting before the event. Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple of pictures with the players who are there for the night......maybe I can sneak in too???

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:56 am

Good Morning--- I've still been working on xmas gift for DS!!! Haven't been putting in as long of hours as I usually do, since there is a virus going around here, and I had "something" for 48 hrs. So have been relaxing when I get tired, or earaches, etc. One of our nurses has been out of work for almost 3 weeks!!!!

My goal is to quilt till noon, then I HAVE to do at least a couple loads of laundry, catch up on dishes, and vacumn. After that, either relax or hand quilt while I watch a movie..... at least that's the plan:)

ME- how was your trip yesterday? Sure missed you at the shop hop-- only hopped once -- went to LQS, not any of the others.

Kathy, how nice your daughter comes over on Sundays. I would love that. My son is about 80 miles away-- we see each other about once a month -- he's coming up next weekend, so I have to clean off the extra bed:)

CaroleJ - glad you're feeling better. This morning our weather said we have 74% humidity, I thought of you.

Mary Margaret - are you happy your daughter is moving home? Sounds heavenly to me:)

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:06 am

ROFLOL Quoting Rosebud3: Cindyg.......Slow down superball, you will end up here at my house instead of in Houston if you continue to bounce that hard. LOL Oh my Gosh ROFLOL Mary you crack me up Sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love you to bits! LOL I keep threatening to fly down and give Cindy a mild sedative to last her until the Quilt Show. LOL Her poor Dear Hubby. LOL He has got to have patience of a Saint. ROFLOL Awwwww Cindyg Ya know I am just joking with ya. ROFLOL BOING BOING BOING BOING BOING

With the terrible winds today, you could easily bounce all the way to Alaska in a few short hours Cindyg.

I am going to go do the floors. Laundry is done, kitchen done, bathrooms done, fabric is washed & ready to cut into. WOOHOO. I hope you ALL have a great day doing whatever you get to do. I am just so Thankful I woke up this morning and no Migraine with the cool front & Arthritis is not too bad. I am happy.

Hugs & Love

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:05 am

Cynthia, trip to see the kids yesterday was nice, but way too short. I definitely don't like driving in the dark, either. We got home about 7 and then got in my pj's and caught up here. How far are you with Adam's quilt? I'm anxious to see it. Did you just go to Quilts & Silks? Or somewhere else?

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:21 am

This morning I was up early and worked on a couch quilt that is part of a stash challenge. I have gone to church, had lunch, went to Wal-Mart, done some laundry......no wonder I'm tired.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:34 am

Rosebud3 - LOLPIMP. Honest to Pete, I think I could bounce all the way to your house. I've been busy all day with DH cleaning my SUV and his truck. I'm pooped now so I'm not quite bounding off the walls. When I sit still long enough to think about next weekend I'll be bouncing again.

Kathy, maybe your DD can help you move stuff back into your room.

Fabricgirl and Msdeets - y'all are so fortunate to have each other to sew with. My sister, bless her heart, started on a quilt summer before last and she hasn't touched it in a year. I'm sure it will never get done. I have to give her credit though. She didn't do too bad for someone that doesn't know what a needle is. LOL My BFF quilts but we live on opposite sides of a huge city and don't get to see each other very much. We work on stuff and talk on the phone about it and then have show-and-tell when we go to each other's houses. So I think it's just great that you get together for a sew date.

Suzette - I've sent a prayer up for your neighbor. Boy, when it rains it pours.

Grammiequilts - how do y'all like the Tin Lizzie. Does it have a stitch regulator/speed control? What kind of frame is it on? I would love to have a mid-arm and I'm going to test drive the dickens out of them at the quilt festival next weekend - BOING BOING BOING - but it's also good to talk with people who have quilted with the machine. You are lucky you have a quilty sis.

Quiltnewby05 - sorry about your virus. I hope you feel better soon. Carolej - you, too. You two take good care of yourselves.

Oh, Cathy, I know you are just yankin' my chain. And I love you, too, and can't wait to see y'all at the quilt festival. BOING BOING BOING. See just talking about it has got me revved up again. Only 4 more days and then we'll be there WOO HOO!!!! I have the book "French Braid Quilts" and I was reading it last night and deciding which one I want to do in case I want to buy fabric at the quilt show and, no kidding, I had to read pages two or three times because my brain just could not concentrate because I'm just too excited. Boy, it's going to be a LONG 4 days at the office this week - LOL. BOING BOING BOING

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:13 am

Uh oh...I think Cindyg has been snacking on chocolate-covered coffee beans again...LOL!

Thanks to all who kept me in prayer and good thought the last few days. I must be coming out of this sinus thing because I managed a bunch of errands this morning. DH went to pick up the girls at the camp; I hit Wal-Mart, Michael's, JoAnn's, and the grocery store. Got a bunch of stuff for our GS troop Halloween party tomorrow, craft supplies, snacks, paper plates and so on. Now I am a bit tired and feeling like it would be nice to lie down for a bit.

The girls' nasty camp clothes are in the washer. I packed a box with all the stuff we need for our party tomorrow. I promised Em I'd get Daphne's (Greek food) for dinner, so I won't need to cook.

Off to re-boot the laundry!

Return to “Sew ins”