Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy FRIDAY ALL

Daily discussions.
quiltermom91

Re: Happy FRIDAY ALL

Post by quiltermom91 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:40 am

I am at work today too. I don't feel so alone as I see quite a few of you are working today. I never got to quilt last night (again) so hopefully I will get to it some this weekend. All I have to do is sew my blocks together on my YBR baby quilt and put some borders on and I will have a baby quilt top finished. YAY!!!

Hope that everyone gets their "chores" dones today and has time to quilt. I wish that we would have some kind of a quilt show around here. I would love to go. There usually is one that is about 1 1/2 hours away in the Spring. I will have to wait for that.

Have a GREAT day everyone! Laura

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:49 am

Good morning fabricgirl, kho, IowaGal, suzette ,dforseth, Bev ,Carrie, grammiequilts, cindy. It is good to see everyone is busy today. I'm gone to try to do something today god knows what. It is a nice day today bbml.

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:57 am

I forgot.. I am getting a flu shot today as well.

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:16 am

Working today as usual.

Brenda

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:26 am

well I am off to work........but then to a LQS on my way home to buy sashing for a Sue Quilt I am making for my Mom :)

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:34 am

Hey y'all...the girls' flapper outfits are done...nothing fancy at all, two drop-waist dresses made from t-shirts and coordinating hair bands from stash. They need to dig up some play necklaces to wear, too, if they want.

The dresses were EASY and worked up cute. Started with an adult small for the top. Marked the length so the gathers wouldn't hang up on their bums and trimmed them off. Took a matching adult extra-large, cut it to the length I needed, and gathered it to fit the bottom edge of the small shirt...stitched together and voila'! Left the hem on the extra-large so I didn't even have to hem it up...yay! (Hate hemming!) I love costumes that can be used as regular clothes! Youngest is still wearing a pair of tiger-striped flannel pants that were part of her Halloween costume 3 years ago; she wears them for jammie pants...the top is long-outgrown and was donated a while back. They will be able to wear these little dresses any time. They can even put a turtleneck and tights underneath and wear them on colder days.

I think I am fighting some kind of sinus infection. I feel like a wet dishrag, my head feels swimmy, feel warm-ish, pressure behind the eyes. I will not go into other symptoms, too gross. I am making typos like crazy, it has taken forever to type this and my eyes don't want to focus. Blech.

Off to go print up the packing list for the girls and get them going on their day. Have to have them at the camp this evening, then I am planning on sleeping most of tomorrow...

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:38 am

Good Morning everyone. Dh left this morning at 5 so the house is nice & quiet. I need to vacumm and then I am free to sew I hope. Got my scrap quilt back out yesterday & worked on it some. I love Scrap Quilts but they tend to stump me. LOL Right now I am stumped as what to do next. LOL SO here I sit with more coffee instead of being in there trying to figure it out. Such is life.

We have a new Quilt Shop in town. We went in there this week and oh how I hope she makes it!!!!!!!!! She is soooo nice and has such a good variety of fabric & lots of it. I was really impressed! I will def. give her my business rather than going to the other one in town. It is nice too but they just aren't friendly. I was in a Shop down in Tx. and a lady heard me say to another lady that I was from Oklahoma & she commented that she had been in xxxxxxx Shop & that they were so unfriendly that she probably wouldn't shop there again. That is sad. I thought about calling the Owner and kindly telling her but thought better of it. Yep, for once I kept my mouth shut. What would you have done?

Well have a great day & I hope you enjoy doing whatever you get to do. Remember, even working is really a priveledge. Somewhere, somebody would do anything to have a job. But Thank Goodness it is the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that it affects me too much. LOL

Hugs & Love

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:45 am

Good morning all. One more cup of coffee then I'm off to get ready for work and sew a little until time to leave. Looks like everyone will be having another busy day today.

I really need to come up with a new way to organize my sewing space so I can keep everything in my sewing room instead of strewn between the sewing room and dining room. But........that will have to wait until I finish DD's quilt.

Please be praying for Ryan, a young man who works with me. He was in a car accident Monday that put him in intensive care and killed his girlfriend and their unborn baby girl. Funeral is today.

BBL if time permits.

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:14 am

Good Morning Everyone!

It is so nice here in So. Cal. this morning. The horrid hot winds have slowed way down and are expected to be gone tomorrow but still very warm and dry. Actually got cold last night, need to put another blanket on the bed I guess.

I just finished up blocks for Sarah, so will ship those off today. Then I think I will try to straighten my sewing space and then try to decide which project to start next. Decisions, decisions.

Cathy.......I would have done just what you did. No use in being a part of their bad business practices. The new shop will benefit from their rudeness.

Cindyg.......I'm even excited for you to go to the Houston Show!! Can't wait to hear and hopefully see some fun experiences there. I've seen the convention hall on one of Simply Quilts episodes and it looks fantastic!

Got my flu immunization last week, so far no reaction so hopefully I won't have to deal with that this winter.

All this talk about chasing chickens is kind of icky. I don't think I will have chicken to night. Might follow MastifMom and have pizza.

Everyone have a wonderful day, I'll be running around like a "chicken" with it's head cutoff" all day trying to decide on next project. LOL (can't believe I just said that). ;~)

Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

moma_lolaham

Post by moma_lolaham » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:22 am

Good morning. It's a nice fall morning here. I'm headed out to run some errands for my mom, then I',m picking up my grandson and daughter and we're going to get some fish for my tank. Then we'll do our weekly thing of going to CICi's Pizza for lunch (grandson's favorite place) and then to the library for books and movies. Maybe I'll get a little sewing done later today. Everyone have a great week-end.
Lawanna

Return to “Sew ins”