Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy FRIDAY ALL

Daily discussions.
msdeets

Happy FRIDAY ALL

Post by msdeets » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:43 pm

I am so glad its friday. I have lots of things to do before my sister comes tomorrow and then we will SEW SEW SEW. Yes Fabricgirl got her book yesterday and she is tickled PINK...

fabricgirl

Re: Happy FRIDAY ALL

Post by fabricgirl » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:16 pm

Well Im much better today Im still looking over my book and just love it can't wait till I can get started on 1 but unfourtanatly I can't today I have some cleaning to do and foodshopping and then come home and look at the book somemore before I decide on a color.all the quilts are so beautifull and the layouts are exqusit so I will look somemore I guess in my case it was well woth the wait.

Have A Great Day Everyone
Fabricgirl

kho

Post by kho » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:24 pm

Good morning everyone. I moved some of my sewing things, machine, cutting boards and and necessary items into my family room yesterday. It has heat. I also got some sewing done and have more cut out for today. First thing this morning the meat chickens have to be caught and are going for their last ride. I feel bad for them but I'll be having chicken for dinner tonight>!!It doesn't get much fresher. It's still raining. My FF arrived yesterday and some the day bfeofre. I am hoping to get some christmas projects done in the next few weeks. It's only 2 months away. Have a good day.

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:42 am

I have considered getting some meat chickens, but after my coworker, tiffany's adventures with them this summer, I think I will pass. She said they are nothing but eating and pooping machines! Ken is bound ad determined to get 2 calves this spring....
I am planning on sewing most of the day...in between laundry and pie baking.
Msdeets and fabricgirl.. it must be so nice to have a sister share your passions. Mine hate sewing. Have a great weekend!

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:37 am

Good morning everyone. Happy Friday!!! I am finishing up a quilt and then hopefully will start one of the quilts that are Christmas presents. Have a good weekend everyone.
Suzette58
Suzette

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:01 am

I will be going into the sewing room as soon as I get ready for work. I am trying to get up earlier than I need to for work and use that time to get some execise and work on some quilts. So far it is working, I finished my daughter's on Sunday afternoon and a baby one for my neice's baby yesterday. I will try to post some pictures after the weekend.

Have a great Friday.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:37 am

Hello Everyone...
Having My coffee....and talking about fresh Chicken Yummo...I Love Making chicken and Dumplings with fresh Chicken....U all have me hungry..lol...Ok...I Hope to get to work on some of my scrap top i started..I need to start a Baby blanket for my niece..but need to get some fabric for that..and she still doesn't know whats shes having..so, i have time.well, U Ladies have a nice Day!Hugs Beverly

CarrieM2007

Post by CarrieM2007 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:07 am

Good Morning everyone and Happy Friday. I am unfortunately at work, but hoping to finish my fall tossed 9-patch and a Thanksgiving wall hanging this weekend.
Kho, good luck catching those chickens! My husband and I finished 24 of ours Wednesday. We found an Amish family to butcher them cheaper than what our time and the mess is worth, so all we had to do was catch them and load them in the back of our pick-up (it has a cap on it), then take them a couple miles down the road. They did a great job on them! All we have to do is pick them up, wrap them, and freeze. We sell most of them, but always keep enough for ourselves too.
My husband also shot a nice doe during archery season the night before last, so our freezer is really filling up quickly!
Wow, so many are working on baby quilts! I think they are the most fun to make and give. Enjoy!
Carrie

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:08 am

Oh you all got started early this am.....It is such a great day today . I will sew and get some chores done. 7 more windows to ready for winter...They are all in my sunroom..It gets cold in there with all those windows. This weekend I have to spend more time with DH...we have been going our separate ways after supper and not hanging out much.
My sis loves to quilt and actually we went together on a LA but she got called back to work and I haven't been over to use the machine. She will be off again soon and I plan on taking a couple of ufos to her house to quilt. It was actually one of my other sisters who started me quilting and I started this sis and the first one doesn't quilt anymore. Confused?...I thought so.....bbl

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:16 am

Good morning everyone. WOW a chicken that's running around this morning is going to be dinner tonight. I don't think I could do that but then I'm a city girl. My chicken comes from the grocery store and I don't have to think about it running around just this morning - LOL.

I'm at work but it looks like y'all are doing quilty things today. That's great. I wanted to work in my sewing studio last night but my cousin from MO called and we talked forever and then Gray's Anatomy came on (did locker hooking during) and then it was 9:00 and too late to get in my sewing room so I got ready for bed.

Y'all would not believe how excited I am - one week from today we'll be going to the Houston Int'l. Quilt Festival. It's 8:10 AM so next week we will be on our way downtown in all the traffic to the convention center. My heart is pounding just thinking about it. I think I need some Prozac to get me through the next week. Y'all may need some too to put up with me and my excitement!!! Next weekend - better than Christmas - seriously!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!

Return to “Sew ins”