Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

October 22

Daily discussions.
Sandy5689

Re: October 22

Post by Sandy5689 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:09 am

I'm back from Joanns. Everything is on sale, but I did get to use my coupon on a bolt of fusible fleece. I got a quilt book by El, Tips and Techniques, it was 50% off and some Debbie Mumm fabric that was 50% off. Got a bunch of thread (50%) So I was happy

On the way over there I happened to glance at a car in the next lane and about had a heart attack. The car was a hatchback and there there was a childs leg sticking out of the bottom of the door. The leg had on blue jeans and a tennis shoe. I thinking OMG!! OMG!!! then I realize that it is almost Halloween and the leg is a fake. Once my heart quit pounding, I thought ooooh what a good idea......

I am ready to put #2 neices quilt together today. Always have problem with that because I really don't have anywhere big enough to spread the quilt. I end up using the kitchen table and can only do half at a time and have to be really careful not to get a wrinkle in the middle. I have tried the bed but I pin half of it to the bed

lifeisgrand

Post by lifeisgrand » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:39 am

Oh, oh, Ladies! I got an email from a local quilt shop that has been having a going out-of business sale. The shop was closed for the past two weeks...but starting tomorrow and for three days only the fabric will be 75% off!!!!!!! It is great fabric and still fairly nice choices left! Oh dear- I smell melted plastic (from an overused credit card) in my future!!!! LOL
~Marcia

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:29 pm

I'm doing a happy dance..............just got broadband hooked up, no more dial-up!! Yippee!! He did say that my puter could use a good cleaning & then would be faster, but I'm thrilled with it for now. I'm sure now that I'll have much more time for sewing, not having to wait forever for things to sign on.
I'll be working on finishing up the flannel row quilt tonight, then it's time for the Wicked Witch quilt from WOZ. Have some really bright green fabric for that and need to figure out the layout and what to do for some different blocks.
Time to go up and check on supper........breaded pork chops & smashed potatoes. I'll be be later!

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:50 pm

lifeisgrand you lucky girl 75% off makes me drool just thinking about it

mequilter9158 Life is good whenyour computer is working properly again

fabricgirl hope they didn't lose power while you were having your mamogram LOL

Sounds like a lot of you are coming down with something....Good thing we can't catch it over the computer Hope you feel better soon

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:55 pm

howdy all!

Had a migrane all day this is the first chance to get online, my head is still a bit sore.
HUGS to all

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Hi all well i got my sewing room clean had dinner had meatloaf mash peas. DD cook for me tonite. Well i know im dumb azz again well i had to redo the one of set of blocks over because i thou they should be 12 1/2 good thing i had to make them 6 1/2 now. I got the swap that im hosting i got the bags read to get the blocks where they should be just waiting on seven ladies to send their blocks to me. I got all my fabric back where it should be at. Time for me to take a shower and and do my feet again with the bubbles too lol. I feel good now that i got my sewing room cleaning and everything back where it should be at. BBL

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:10 pm

gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...some how my windoows live messenger has disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back. Is anyone else having problems with msn messenger programs?

I've gotten quite a few of the cornerstone blocks added to my arcs today, yipppppeeeee. But a lot of my day has been wasted trying to figure out this computer problem.

mequilter broadband is a lot better than dial-up. I just got switched over the first part of the year.

Rosie, sorry you are not feeling well. Prayers for you sis that you will feel better soon.

fabricgirl hope your mamogram went well today.

9patchfav

Post by 9patchfav » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:22 pm

Cathy32078, I did a rail fence for my dad...I gave it to him and took it back so that I could quilt it. Have to do that before this Christmas...so it will be a 2 yr present! I really like this one.

My mom's quilt is a sampler quilt with green, white, and a cute light floral. I am not a green fan, so I went out on a limb. It was a six dollar quilt at LQS, complete each month and you get the next one free. I went to the beach for DS3's bday and I ended up paying 12$. The blocks are all done, but one..a paper piece. I am making something in it's place. A pretty powder blue will border the blocks then do an alternate rose(mauve) floral as alternate blocks. Set on point. Does that make sense? I hope I can get them both done soon!

Hope you feel better rosie! It is the pits to be sick.

SarahJane..you make me tired! I do try and get stuff done, but coming home after dealing with some ppl...wears me out. I go to bed at 9 or 10, but I am up before the rooster crows!

Looking for info on Bubbles' gbboy. Did y'all get nervous when your gbabies were due?

Xteacher, sorry no one showed up. I can't believe how kids really don't think school and learning isn't important. Amazing. One "adult" 18 yr old told me he would rather be suspended than right about 10 sentences about respect and being courteous! I wish I could have chin checked him!

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:42 pm

:)

Okay, coming up for air.

MeQ, I can understand doing the happy dance for the speedy connection that you have now.

I am glad to hear some of you (that needs it) are getting that rain.
We sure could use some here as well. Even for ME this is getting TOO dry and too Hot. Poor inland CA. gals witth this Santa Ana.

Rosebud, can I send you some of our sunshine and higher temps?

xteacher, they just don't show up? 9Patch, I fully agree with you about the one thatt rather wanted to get suspended then to write 10 sentences about respect.

Sorry about not writing Lovers Knot, instead of LK.

SSJ, you make my head spin. WoW you get a LOT done. Enjoy your bubble foot bath.

Cathy, it sounds like you have been very busy as well. Please don't wear yourself out okay? So cute that your kids call your DH Papa.

*C* How did your groups do today on their 'r' sound? You are so good in what you do. Thank God for people like you.

Joannequilts, aren't you glad not to have to wash those sparkles any more?

CaroleJ, I have pink ribbon breast cancer flannel. Do you need it now, or can I give it to you during camp?

Rosie, I am SO sorry you have that cold from H@11. It is a nasty one. Bjorn, my son stayed home yesterday with a nasty cold like that. His company ONLY gives 5 days a year in sick days, so he went back to work today. This cold went around their office. Grrrrrr.

Sandy, that does sound SO exciting. I hope you get to meet and visit with a lot of your quilt friends during that quilt show.

Oh noooo Marcia LOL, what ya gonna do with a LQS that has a 75% off sale? Go for it, and have FUN. Our poor plastic.....

CarIn, I am so sorry you were down with a migraine head ache. I wish I could Do something for you for that. <shudder>

Fabricgirl, did it all went okay today for you?

Peach Pit BIG *HUGS* to you and your DH. I received the HP cable, and as you can see, my connection is SO much more stable. I can;t thank you enough for helping me out with this

I hope these Sana Ana's are going to blow by soon here. I have ALL windows and doors open. I enjoyed siting on my patio with my 7-UP right after it started to get dark.

Jeff is VERY very tired in Oslo. But.......<drum rollll> As of now he is still scheduled to fly back home on the 25th. He can't wait to be able to warm up his bones again when he gets back home. He is a very typical Ca. 'boy'. He has worked 8 to 8 (european time) at their clients office, then takes the train/bus back to his appartment there. He walks home from the bus station, drops off his lap-top and office bag. Usually he goes out with co-workers for a quick bite to eat. Goes back to his appartment, at which time the office here in Ca. wakes up and wants being up-dated. He DID take most of last Saturday off, resting up, getting a few groceries and a good meal to eat. They Do have a FULL cafeteria during lunch at their office.

I can't wait for him to come home this weekend and just spoil him rotten.

I have a litttle more cutting to do and then I'll stop.

BBL

*T*

PS *UGH* I should go back to school and learn to spell or type correctly

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:15 pm

Sure Prez 'T', I'd be happy to take a little of your warmer weather. Just pack it up and ship it this way.

Return to “Sew ins”