Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

OCT 21st...

Daily discussions.
apolta

Re: OCT 21st...

Post by apolta » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi guys! Just popping in to say hello! No sewing for me yet today... but I hope to get the batik leaves basted quilted and bound a wee bit later!

Oh my gosh 12stepquilter... the mammogram story was hilarious! I had tears in my eyes... I haven't had the pleasure of that appointment yet... but my number is getting closer!!! LOl!

I'll check in later gators!

P.S. Carolyn... you are a turkey picking on those poor kids! LOL!

-Alina-

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:52 pm

IowaGal, I guess that means I can't share your beef. Oh well. LOL!
Happy everything worked out for you and you will be getting your pump.

So, I've been sewing off and on for most of the day and I now have 37 of the 288 'footballs' sewn together for DWR. I also have the cornerstone pieces sewn on to the arcs for another 35 'footballs'. Gonna finish making dinner and then back to sewing for a while.

BBL

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:11 pm

Well im back from Joann's i got a new book underground railroad and diamond cut and FQs and 3 yrads of fabric. I did get something that was 50% lol that was for the cutter. Well im done shopping now. Bev i see you made out fine im use your booms will be sore for a bit. I made 54 blocks for a swap. The last block was not to bad. well my shows are on. I see everyone was busy today.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:20 pm

Yell???????? Are ya kidding? I couldn't make a sound!!!! I jsut sat there in a frozen state. Now I look back and it was "kind of" humorous. BUT I WILL NEVER, repeat, NEVER send him to mail a pkg again.LOL I did not say anything because he was trying and I did not want to seem ungrateful or hurt his feelers. LOL Oh well. At least I know the stuff is there. LOL Men do some strange things sometimes trying to be helpful. And I am sure they also think we do too. LOL This isn't a first for my DH over the courseof our 32 yr relationship. I once fell so in love wiht a Sweater. I usually am not one for buying clothes but this was so beautiful. I broke down and went and bought it. I was gone one day and DH decided to help me out and did the laundry. Yep my new Sweater got washed in the washer. It was to be hand washed. It came out the size to fit a 2 yr old. LOL He felt so bad! I was crushed but tried to reassure him that it was no big deal. He saw through it and is very hesitant to do laundry to this day. SO I decided this morning to just choke quietly and say Thanks Honey! LOL

Hugs

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:46 pm

LOL.....42 windows OMG.......I am wore out thinking of them....And Iowagal..I Love fresh beef.....Sarah...You go gurl...Cathy....cheer Up!.......and the rest of You that has got to shop at Joanns...U R Lucky...I have to drive 1hr 10 minutes to get to ours.:-(...so, I don't go alot...

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:01 pm

*Smile*

Knock Knock.....

Hellooooo......... :)

I just read all the posts here. You galls are hilarious.
And *OUCH* on that 'boobie' trap with the power outage.
I call it the Flap-Jack house, b/c that's what they look like right after the BIG Squeeeze and then "Hold your breath" .
It does take a few more 'seconds' these days for them to pop back into their normal 'sling over the shoulder' shape.

Ahhh, LOL El and her perfect 'perky points'.

*C* LOL Red Robin Week? Shame on you.....<snort>

Alina, uhhhh and who lost ALL modesty???? :) Love to tease Ya little sister. Your Fall leaf quilt is awesome. You will have all the BOM-ers falling flat on the floor once again.

I know we have a *great* JoAnns somewhere in Temecula, but that would be 1 1/2 hour drive for me.

Rosies is closer by, and of course QIAD on-line shopping in your jammies? Can't beat that. Sorry I just don't carry porta potties, so QIAD suites me fine.

In Austin Tx. I used to go to Michaels and JoAns ALL the time.

Sharon, what a nightmare with that pump. What a dweep wanting to see if you 'deserved' one.

Judy I hope you have a NICE dinner.

Cathy????....$51 Oh <groan> But kinda sweet also. Sorry your sweater got ruined. Jeff some times does laundry. I try to keep 2 baskets. One light and one dark. (I hide the delicates and wool that needs hand washing).

I too have learned to keep my mouth shut, if Jeff does it, he does it HIS way. And why not?

Yesterday I did the LK paste-up page. I Love it. No my copy did not arrive yet. I bought it at the QIAD store last week.
Anyways, while I was recouping and since jeff is in Norway, I popped in my LK DVD that I bought last year. I watched it twice, and read this new LK book front to back. After all that, it took me not even 1 hour to cut and paste my fabric. A and B block. It is SO CooL.

Linda (Sneaker-of-the-House), Ann and Pam your quilts are SO pretty. Way to Go. What an honor to know you. What a thrill it must be to see your quilt published.

BBL (maybe)

Prez *T*

9patchfav

Post by 9patchfav » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:06 pm

Luv 2 quilts, go online. You can still use coupons and with the shipping it might be just as cheap as driving.

SarahJane....54 blocks...WOW...that's a lot of blocks!

Take care Iowagal..keep an I out on that pump. Watch the sugar.

Joanne...50% off at LQS, that would be great! Fun time for all if that happened.

MSDeets...that is so sweet for your sis to get you a book like that.

Beccasmom...have fun what ever you get to do. Hug the little one! They grow way to fast!

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Back from dinner....Dgd is 14 a really nice girl...Going to sew for an hour and get to bed. retirement is very tiring you know lol. Glad to see so many of you chatting and being funny again. Joann I have gotten 20 windows done so far and one room my sun room has 7 windows and I plan on getting them this week. I know its sick to enjoy washing windows..but I only do what the voices in my head tell me!!!!!!!XXXOOOJudi
PS All my windows open up for cleaning on the inside so I can do them all inside the house no ladders(I don't do ladders);

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:39 pm

Sounds like everyone is busy today!

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:01 pm

:)

*FluFF*s all around.
Sweet Dweams.

Prez *T*

Return to “Sew ins”