Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

OCT 21st...

Daily discussions.
9patchfav

Re: OCT 21st...

Post by 9patchfav » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:57 am

Hope y'all are having a great day. Just wanted to plug a movie that I saw this past Sunday...Fireproof....It was really great. About a fireman and his relationship with his wife.

Best wishes for all your quilting and family endeavors.

PS...If you like Warm and Natural Batting it is on sale at Joann's. The whole role (40 yards) for queen 90" wide is a little over 200 (215.something) with standard shipping and taxes. 40% off

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:15 am

You and me both, Brenda!!!

9patch - I heard that movie is a must see. Some people at church had gone to see it.

DH and I need to clean our windows. They haven't been done in 5 years - reckon they need it??? LOL

swtsarahjane

Post by swtsarahjane » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:25 am

Well i have to get ready to go to Joann's DD wants to go and get fabric she wants me to make a bag for her. Like she ever use one lol. Sarah

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:29 am

Brenda...I agree with you I AM TRAPPED WORKING INSTEAD OF SEWING....but wait if I don't work I can't buy fabric...

I think I will head out a few minutes early today. the kids have been nutty it is Red Ribbon week....

As the Speech Pathologist I have been tormenting my students making them say
RED RIBBON WEEK of course for several it is
wed wibbon week

9patchfav

Post by 9patchfav » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:51 am

sewcarolyn,

DS3...R's were his problem. My Father (Mother, Brother) has a four door Ford Explorer. We went with that for about 2 yrs. Finally, he got it...once in a while he'll slip. He thought his second SP was "hot"...and he was in elementary school.

Our church paid for the theater...it was very moving...I think!
Hope you get to go.

I hate cleaning windows..no matter what..streaks! Even with vinegar. I need to clean mine and the valances. Bummer.

Good evening.

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:05 pm

I hire some guy to do mine I have a 2 1/2 story house and no way am I doing it. Besides he only charges me $100 so its worth it.

luv_2quilt60

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:08 pm

OMG Cathy 51.00....I would still be RED...LOL....and the rest of You Ha....I survived having my tits tore off....I told that girl..so, You fool with breasts all day..LOl.....she, said yes....all day....I tell ya...brought me off the floor...LOL................and then had to go get blood drawn..:-(....Beverly

msdeets

Post by msdeets » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:17 pm

Well I did get my book and thanks to my sister for that. She ordered it as a special birthday gift for me. How lucky to have a sister that quilts like me. We are trying to get together once a month and sew together. Yes my dearest sister is Fabric Girl. Thanks Sis

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:20 pm

42 WINDOWS!!!! Be still my heart If I had 42 windows to clean I think I would board up half of them. Just think of all the sunshine that comes through those 42 windows. All the dust bunnies and little bits of stuff on your carpet, dog hair, cat hair, thread, bits of material NO THANK YOU

Movie was excellent, had Queen Latifa and Dakota Fanning, set in the early 60's Two Thumbs up Fireproof is next on the list.

That mammogram story was pretty funny.

Iowagirl Sorry about your pump hope you get that worked out. Can you rent freezer space instead of buying one. Seems to me I remember my FIL renting space somewhere when they shot an elk or a deer during hunting season.

Fabric girl Man I hate it when something changes on my computer. I I like things just the way they are I don't know why people feel the need to upgrade. Except I like it when things go faster not different just faster.

Cathy32078 At least he tried his best to make you happy, hope you didn't yell at him It really is kinda funny

Joann's is on my list for tomorrow, but it sounds like most stuff is on sale anyway. I hate that I plan to buy a bolt of fusable fleece and maybe some batting if it is not on sale so I can use a coupon

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:22 pm

Wellll... Peg. My DNE, ran 30 minutes late, a man was having a low and she wouldn't let him leave. I had no problem, with that, been there done that a gazillion times myself, but it still ran me behind. It took three different meters and cables, but we FINALLY got my stuff uploaded, and she said that she didn't see any reason Dr W wouldn't sign off, everything she would want to see me doing I am doing, so I should have that in my hand by the end of the month. I did tell her my current pump has been eating batteries and she said when that happens, it is in early terminal stage, so it is a good thing I am replacing this one. This is NOTHING. When I first got this, the DNE I had at that time made me go through6 months of crap, totally ridiculous. She wanted to make sure I "deserved" a pump" Well my doc wrote an rx for one, so I didn't think it was her place, and there was a lot of yelling by Ken to get it, and that is when I switched endocrinologists.
Ken got the freezer, got a good deal and it is plugged in and cooling down.
My windows need washed as well, but old windows= a 2 person job. I hate mammograms, they are very painful for thin people.
I also went to JoAnns, bout thread and warm and natural for 1/2 price. Was a good deal. Schwanns is here... I love that guy!

Return to “Sew ins”