Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Oct 20 !!!!!

Daily discussions.
kenderosa

Re: Oct 20 !!!!!

Post by kenderosa » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:51 am

Busy morning here......Doing laundry and in between loads am making Pumpkin Pecan Bars and letting the dough rise for the Oatmeal Bread someone posted in the past. Have one Halloween costume to finish and then back to getting busy on my Secret Santa project. Gotta run...timer is going off.

Sue

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:46 am

It's a gorgeous day, here in SW Pa, sunny and 60...It's only early afternoon and I feel like I've put in a full day...DH and I helped with Meals on Wheels this morning...I helped in the kitchen and my job today was to make sauce for at least 110 and then I baked an applesauce cake...Mixing up 20 cups of flour, 16 cups of sugar and 16 eggs plus the other stuff was a workout....After we cooked, my DH and I then delivered to 23 on our route.....
Having another cup of tea and work on my minutes for a Lioness meeting tonight....
Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:50 am

Hi Everyone!
I am so glad to have my Internet back working. It quit working over the weekend. My DH was on the phone trying to fix it. Mentally he gave them a deadline to fix or we would switch providers. Well this morning it was fixed, so I got to call him at work with the good news. (Yesterday they told him it was not on their end, obviously it was on their end.)

Just got back from shopping and need to do some cooking, then maybe I will get some quilting and sewing in.

BBL

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:51 am

DH wants fried chicken and mashed potatoes so I will make that for supper and then sew on the four sisters top....I need to clean up the sewing room too today....later gater......

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:24 am

Thanks again, Oasis. I'm always surprised when I see me name in a post. That quilt pattern is one I copied from a quilt that was hanging in the LQS. I was made of batiks but in more subtle, soft colors, like mocha, taupe, olive greens, and pale peach, pink and lavendar. If I hadn't already been collecting my batik fat quarters, I would have bought the fabrics like the one in the quilt shop. It was gorgeous. My BFF has bought those fabrics and she's going to start on her quilt this week.

Gosh, Irish, I hope you had a giant mixer to stir that cake mix. If I did all that I'd have to take a nap - LOL.

Happymrs - I can't wait to see what you (and your DH) create next.

Lots of cooking going on here. Kenderosa, the oatmeal bread is it sweet?

Does anyone have the recipe for monkey bread?

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:26 am

Well, I'm at work - sorta. There is no one in the classroom but me so I'm killing time for the next 5 minutes and you all are my favorite people to kill time with.
Sue - Please share the recipe for pumpkin pecan bars. It sounds really good.
Have another sit and sew tonite so I will probably get a lot accomplished. At least I hope sew.
Have to stop on the way and get air in the tires. My car tells me when they are low, which is every time the weather gets cooler. Gee, isn't that strange. DUH
If I make a pit stop and walk really slowly to sign out, I can leave.
WHEEEEE!

Evie

Post by Evie » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:34 am

I'm back. Exhausted! Shopped first at Joanne's. They let me use the 50% coupon and the 40% coupon. The computer applies it to the highest prices.

Bought some cute Halloween fabric. It feels like Satin and the background is black, with white skulls and glittery red eyes. Going to make my DH a vest. It will be a surprise for him. I made him a Christmas vest years ago and he wears it once a year to the office party. Usually he just asks me to buy him holiday ties. Since Halloween is on a Friday, he can wear it to the office. A couple of years ago I made him a pirate vest. It's crushed velvet with gold buttons. Johnny Depp (or his lookalike) is wearing it on the cover of the pattern. No telling where it is, the kids are always raiding his costumes! LOL

All the recipes sound good! I know my DH would like the applesauce cake and I know I would like the pumpkin pecan bar recipe. Are these recipes listed over in ChitChat recipe post?

Sounds like someone is trying to outdo GP's stash! Congratulations on all those FQ's! I've gotten to where I love Batiks!

Speaking of vacuuming, my carpet is screaming to be vacuumed! I think I will put in some ear plugs. :^) Can't get started anyway, oldest son is on his way over so I can help him retrieve his bike from the repair shop.

My ankle really looks pretty today. Still hurts some. Still swollen and starting to turn purplish! Oh well, I will have to keep my eyes on the ground from now on when walking. But, Morphy's law, I'll probably bang my head on something!

I'm going to try to finish up autograph blocks today for Sarah.

Everybody have a great day!

p.s.
please share your recipes!

azgal70

Post by azgal70 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:43 am

Good morning: just got back from JoAnn's a short time ago. Got three McCall's patterns for matching aprons for both my and granddaughter, plus one or two for myself! Also, got seven more DMC embroidery floss and two Floss and Needlecraft Organizers. Someone, don't remember who, gave me lots and lots of floss and had to get some organizers for all of them. That makes three organizers!

Those 50% off coupons sure did come in handy for everything else.

Cutout a Lazy Girl Designs purse yesterday and hope to get at it today.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Jan

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:00 am

Back...for a minute....the shops we visited on the hop friday had buy 4 get one free on the fQs so I had to buy a bunch....took all my swatches and matched up what I had....Me too Evie batiks are my new favorite....I also love the hand dyed.....

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:12 am

Goodafternoon well Im home from work I haven't decided what to do so I came on here instead no I didn't get my book yet I hope soon I realy need to start that quilt I have decided to do it in black red and white will see when the time comes to go buy the fabric to make itand what kind of a selection there is .

I have to go will come back later.

fabricgirl

Return to “Sew ins”