Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Sunday Morning----October 19, 2008

Daily discussions.
Kittyquilt9292

Re: Good Sunday Morning----October 19, 2008

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:20 am

Gonna make a visit on my magic carpet to all you who are preparing wonderful things to eat. Haven't even thought of dinner yet! I'm not the greatest cook in the world, or even in my little corner of the world.
Hoping to get some sewing done today. Need to finish my stocking and the last star on my buckeye beauty.
Just started "designing" an "advent calendar", so want to finish the design and then start to cut the pieces. I'm using ideas from several sources, so we'll see how it turns out.
Better get started, time goes by so fast on Sunday, think it's cause I have to work Monday and seems lots of things get left for Sunday.
Have a great one everybody. The sun is shining and the sun is hot, but the air is cool. Beautiful blue sky, typical fall day with lots of beautiful colored trees to enjoy. Leaves are falling pretty quickly, though. carol/kittyquilt

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:30 am

Pam.. cant wait for the pics!!!!!!! finally!!!!LOL
Im so happy for you.U have such a precious DH , but on the same token, He has a precious DW also!! U were ment for each other!!
Love u
both!!
I love it when your happy Pam!!!
Im Packing today and Making a turkey dinner with all the fixins for my Son, Kinda of a thank u dinner for him!
He closes on my house tomorrow!!!!
Him and my baby grandson that i hardly ever get to see gets to stay overnite also!!( babys Mom dont like me!!) O well her loss!!

vagrandma

Post by vagrandma » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:00 am

Well my day started off pretty good. But then....I started laundry and all of a sudden the laundry room floor was flooded and dripping (actually more like pouring) into my sewing room in the basement! A lot of my stuff got wet and some blocks I had just finished for the Christmas in a row swap got wet. I don't know if they can be saved or not.....if not I'll have to make 5 more. I am so tired of these blocks I could scream!!! So today I get to clean my sewing room and see what all was damaged. Thank goodness it missed my computer, sewing machine and bookcases!! What a mess!!!! :o( I sure hope everyone has a better day than I'm having!

Sandy

I'm thinking we'll be moving the washing machine down to the basement just in case this happens again.....this is the second time!

Georgiapeach

Post by Georgiapeach » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:20 am

Oh Sandy, that is just the PITTS! So sorry you have to deal with that, hope not too much got damaged! Wish we were all there to help you clean up and set things right again!

Jennie, you are so sweet! Yep, I just posted some pics for you over in the photo section! I'm so excited for you about your new house! Yippee! You sooooo deserve it! Oh man, a turkey dinner with all the fixins...I'm on my way over now! Your son is such a sweetie and sure is good to his mama, you raised him right!

Well, going to figure out what to put in the crockpot, and I better hurry and get it done!

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:29 am

Just popped in to see if Pam had posted the pictures and I see she has. Pam, the pictures are wonderful.

I am done with my placemats and now I am on to my next project. Unfortunately it is not sewing but cleaning this messy sewing room. I better get busy so I can start on my next sewing project, some dolls and doll quilts to match.

Ann

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:31 am

Mary..that is a lovely phot of your street. i often drool when I see pictures like that but then I remember that in the near future that will be covered in snow ;) I am a So Cal girl and love to visit the snow but the few times that I have lived in the snow I remembered the 72 degrees winters and moved back. thank-you for the lovely photo.

Sandy--yuck there is nothing I hate more then dealing with a flood. We have flooded twice here (yes in southern Calif) the 2nd time we were in the process of remodeling! I hope you can save thos blocks what a pain...sewing should be fun not stressful

Well I better get moving I am on call at a local hospital until 1 so I really need to shower and be ready if I get a call. I will sew until then

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:41 am

Good afternoon to all!! We ran to town for groceries & came home with a small chest freezer & new hand vaccuum. With hunting season coming up soon, DH needs more room to store his venison (yuck!). So, new freezer in my garage & old one will be for wild game. The new vaccuum works great, but I'm not going to get carried away with using it this afternoon. The flannel row quilt just needs a couple more rows & then it'll be ready to be sewn together. Made a crockpot of potato soup for supper, it smells so good right now! And, I'll have the football games on in the background.....we don't play till 3:15 this afternoon.

institcheswithrosie

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:06 am

As usual, I'm saying good afternoon. I am not a morning person, so even when I'm up, chatting is not a good idea.
Went to church, got DH and had brunch, read paper and am now watching the Bengals lose again. At least they are consistent.
Mary, the pic of your road is wonderful. Things haven't really started to turn here yet.
I am fighting a cold so I'm really not up to the nature hike DH suggested. Maybe next week if the weather holds. I like going to Indiana. It can be really pretty over there.
Will hit the sewing room at halftime. I'm trying to finish the next step in the guild's mystery quilt. Almost there.
More later.

Rosie

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:11 am

Good afternoon, all....Gorgeous day, here in SW Pa but was very chilly last night...Even put on the electric blanket...After Mass, had breakfast with friends, picked up a few things at the grocery store and been watching, Sorry Rosie,the Steelers beat up on the Bengals...Have chili cooking and bread baking and as soon as we eat, I'm headed for my sewing room...DH can have the TV until Desperate Housewives come on tonight.....My 2 favorite shows, Housewives and Survivor, boy I gotta get a life!
Enjoy the rest of the day, everyone.....

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:12 am

*Smile*

My son Bjorn just arrived and temp. fixed my lap-top wire. YAY YAY.
I can't stay on because he's taking me out for a bite to eat (Schlotsky) and then to get some groceries.

Thank ALL of you that have stayed in touch with me.

*T*

Is that Prez Little *T*? LOL

Return to “Sew ins”