Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Sunday Morning----October 19, 2008

Daily discussions.
institcheswithrosie

Re: Good Sunday Morning----October 19, 2008

Post by institcheswithrosie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:48 pm

Well, I was right, the Bengals got creamed. The problem isn't the coach, it's management. I could do better. Heck, how much harder than a library can a football team be?
DH and Ifinished "creating" the table in the sewing room. My drop leaf broke after about 29 years. I've been using a baby changing table and it works well, but is a little short. We nailed one of the leaves that broke off the old table onto the changing table. It really looks pretty decent. I like the shelf space underneath, too.
There is another sit and sew tomorrow nite at one of the quilt shops. I hope to finish a couple of blocks for groups there.
This cold is giving me fits. I may just go to bed early.
At least tomorrow at work the kids are off, so it will be jeans and a t-shirt while I merrily pull and file workbook pages. I also want to plan the reading lessons for the group I have. Long story, but I hope this works.
Have a good evening. I'm going to go fluff up my pillows, turn on the heated mattress pad and hit the sack.

Rosie

maryq

Post by maryq » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:02 pm

Good evening every one

Just came up for the " pit " downstairs.. Ironed clothes for work and got 1 Christmas stocking sewn and a few more ready to sew. That's about all the sewing for me today. It's almost 8pm here and I think I need to find something in the house for supper. Since Friday was payday I can go get groceries tomorrow! YIPPEEE. All I've eaten today is cake--I got a craving for cake yesterday so I baked one!!! Not very healthy huh!!

Oh Gosh Sandy, sorry to hear about the mess you have with the flooding.. Been there done that!

Carolyn, I love the fall colors and the cooler temps, but I am DREADIN the snow. It's pretty to look at, but I sure hate driving in it. Now that it's get dark so early, I end up driving home from work in the dark and it's the pits to drive in the dark in a snow storm. I am the world's biggest ninny driving in snow! Even tho I have an "all wheel drive" car, the minute it gets slippery, I'm a wreck! It was bad enough when I worked 1 mile from home, now I work 20 miles away.

Jennie, I must have missed something. Are you moving?

Well, tummy is growling.. better go see what I can find for supper!

Have a great week ahead everyone

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:06 pm

I put my paper pieced blocks together, without sashing, this morning. Then eldest started talking about needing some adventure, so we went to the Wild Animal Park. Got there by ten and didn't get home until after three; we were walking pretty much the whole time, except a short lunch break and a ride on the tour bus. I am BUSHED! I am just barely going to make it through the kids' bedtime and then I am going to crash!

It was a beautiful day out there, now that it has cooled off and we have a bit more moisture in the air.

Return to “Sew ins”