Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning on this COLD Oct,18 Day!!!!! 31 degree here!!!!

Daily discussions.
quiltnewby05

Re: Good Morning on this COLD Oct,18 Day!!!!! 31 degree here!!!!

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:16 pm

Hi
Well here's what I did today!! I didn't do the binding or hanger yet... it's kind of hard to see the free motion sewing, thankfully:)

It didn't turn out too bad, but the quilting in the border does not look very good-- luckily I used black thread, so it blends in!!

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:20 pm

Sandy, "Earth Mother Type".LOL My daughters always call me a hippie when I wear mine, which is always.

Jennie, sorry I just got back on the computer and noticed your question. Yes, they are a pair of shoes and yes, everyone should have at least one pair. I had foot problems for years and since I started wearing birkenstocks I am pain free. Love them but paying $25.00 a pair is a real steal since they are quite pricey.

CarrieM2007

Post by CarrieM2007 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:21 pm

Hi everyone~
First time checking in today...I think my day was like everyone else's-very busy! We had nice crowds for our corn maze and hay ride and pumpkin patch today. That went from noon-5. My husband went pheasant hunting this morning with our lab, Ruger, and brought home two birds, so I'm just cooking those up for dinner. I had a little time to work on a fall wall hanging this morning. It's a tossed nine patch and I'm torn about whether to make it two patches by two patches or three patches by three patches. I like the 3x3 better, but it's a little bigger than I planned on. I will post a photo when finished! Have a good night everyone. Hopefully I'll get a chance to check back in a little bit.
Carrie

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:55 pm

I'm baaaack!! The booyah was good, taco dip with chips & a couple of different desserts. Would've stayed a little longer, but there was too much cigarette smoke, 2 dogs and 3 cats running around. I do love animals but if they shed, I'm allergic. So, DH is still there & I'm working on the quilt. Cynthia.........your panel looks great. Good work on it and so speedy, too!! What will you be working on tomorrow? Littlebit.......hope you had a fun day, I would've loved to join you!

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:02 pm

Hey ME
Thanks-- that wall hanging I made are just your colors aren't they? Tomorrow I will sew on the binding and hanger first thing in the morning, and will do the hand sewing during the Packer game. In between, I will probably work on Adam's quilt:)

Sometimes I wish we had three day weekends (but get paid for a 5 day week, of course).

My dinner is almost done, I'll be back!

Kittyquilt9292

Post by Kittyquilt9292 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:08 pm

Oh my goodness, you all make me feel tired just READING all that you've accomplished today! Good for you.
I did get a good sewing session today, first one in quite a while. I'm happy to say I am making progress on my Buckeye Beauty. I just have 4 more big "stars" to sew together, then I can decide how to put them together to make the top. Has been a real experience! I started out wanting the design not to be the star. Making the star means that there is a large section of background between the stars, which really needs some nice quilting--not from this kid, unfortunately--so I have to get a bit creative or learn some more before it gets quilted. Well, I sewed the half square triangles together backwards from the way they needed to be for the "other design". Didn't realize this until all the 4 little blocks of each large block was done! Then somehow I made 16 blocks instead of 15 which is the number I need. Well, duh, guess I'll use one of the blocks for part of the backing or maybe I'll just keep it as an orphan for use later.
I worked on my stocking for Michelle's project. Can't believe how nicely it went together. I just have to put the cuff on and it's done. Got hungry so had to stop.
Have a great evening everyone, I'm gonna watch SNL tonight with DH and then turn in to a pumpkin. HUGS, carol/kittyquilt

quiltermom91

Post by quiltermom91 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:12 pm

Well. . . I never got to sew today. I tell you, but did get a lot done. My DH came home from work early and we moved three truck loads of wood into the basement so that it stays nice and dry for the woodstove. We will be starting it soon I'm sure. It is 8:00 P.M. here and the temperature is below 40 degrees. I know a lot of you are colder, we are just starting.

So I guess that was more important than sewing.

The crockpot was pork chops with apples, onion, apple juice and brown sugar. Came out pretty good. Made mashed potatoes ad brocoli with cheese. Friends stopped by and we had enough so they shared dinner with us.

So, all in all, it was a good day.

Sounds like everyone else had good days too. Some more sewy than others, but a good day.

Laura

fabricgirl

Post by fabricgirl » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi everyone just thought I would pop in for a few minuets Im wondering if anyone has made an attempt to make the quilt in a day desing wall I would like to know what sound board is and where do you purchase it at .

fabricgirl

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:35 pm

Have been texting with "T" the last few evenings.

She isn't feeling well again and her puter is down and she is really missing all the forum activity. Jeff is in Norway for a month. She said she misses everyones prayers for each other and so she asked me to post a prayer for all of her sisters:

":)I want to thank our Lord for providing me with all of the forum sisters".

Hope you feel better tomorrow Our Little Tulip
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:50 pm

The family all enjoyed supper and we had a great time playing with the kids. I even worked on daughther's quilt. With a little time management tomorrow after church and lunch I will finish quilting it.

Have a great Saturday.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

Return to “Sew ins”