Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning on this COLD Oct,18 Day!!!!! 31 degree here!!!!

Daily discussions.
dforseth

Re: Good Morning on this COLD Oct,18 Day!!!!! 31 degree here!!!!

Post by dforseth » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:47 am

I have been to the grocery store and got the rest of what I needed for supper tonight, we are having tacos. Really there will be all the stuff to make tacos, plus so you can "have it your way", salad, nachos, or tacos. I have my work things in the washer and they are probally ready to hang out on the line. I have been working on my daughrer's quilt too.

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:55 am

sewsew what is a berkinstock??

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:11 am

Just flipped to 1300 on the clock here...I am just starting the 4th paper-pieced block and they are working up really cute! It's fun to work with the bright colors; quilts I make for myself are generally in country colors or autumn tones. I don't know how far I will get with these today; I made a deal with myself that I would make at least six of them, come hell or high water. I could have some coffee in a while and just plan on staying up REALLY late tonight (and being REALLY grouchy tomorrow--LOL).

The rock station is actually playing rock music...thank goodness! That will keep me going. The girls and I are waiting for the new AC/DC album to come out on the 20th...their last one was very tasty, so we are hoping for another good one.

Thanks to all who have asked about the property and the house building! Wish I could say we were moving along quickly, but the red tape is something else! Takes flippin' forever to get papers filed and permits squared away. The modular is sitting on the property on the trailers, calling to me...it's lonely...it wants us to move in! Well, heck, it goes how it goes. One of my co-workers build a home some years ago; she was offering me sympathy earlier this week, she understands all the stupid stuff you have to deal with. My DH is going to qualify for near-sainthood when all this is done!

Other than a load of laundry that is now sitting, clean, in a basket, I have not done squat today other than sewing and feeding children and myself...and is it ever nice!!

I think I'll go have an iced tea break....

Walk this waaay! Walk this way! :-)

happymrs

Post by happymrs » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:16 am

what is a berkinstock??

It's a shoe line, do a google search with this name & you will see what comes up, very popular, to some...

Nancy.....

Evie

Post by Evie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:16 am

quiltnewby05, here's some pics of my panel quilt. I stitched around the blocks imitating stitch in the ditch, then I free motioned around the roses. I hope this helps. All it is, is one panel with two borders:

Close up:

mequilter9158

Post by mequilter9158 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:54 am

I'll be back later. Headed to DH's friends house for booyah & ?????? I hate to leave, I'm starting to make progress on the flannel row quilt. I love working with the autumn colors & hopefully I can get the top made tonight. I'll check in later.

quiltnewby05

Post by quiltnewby05 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:06 am

Evie--
Thanks!! I remember your quilt-- I really like it. That's exactly what I did-- there are 5 blocks -- 2 smaller ones on top and bottom, and a bigger one in the middle. I was afraid it would bunch up, but it worked out ok. Boy do I tense up when I free-motion!! Had to remember to breath LOL.

I just finished Stitching in the ditch on the inside border. Now I will mark the outside border, and hopefully free-motion sew that!!

I REALLY wanted to finish it today-- shouldn't have gone out for lunch--- oh well, have to get some fresh air for a while!!

The meals below sound good-- I'm just having tuna casserole (spent too much on fabric this month)!

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:22 am

Evie that quilt is so beautiful i dont think ive ever seen anything so becomming to my eyes!!! I just want to have it, wish I could do that!!!

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:54 am

Evie that is beautiful Where do you get panels like that?? I have only seen baby ones and I use then to make donation quilts for the hospital

mcmena What is a Birkenstock??? You must not be a child of the 60's They are a very popular very comfy sandal for the earth mother type of person Everyone should have at least one pair

Nancy, Oasis and mequilter9158 Me too I have the small third bedroom for my sewing room and I love it. I have a computer and small TV in here. I also have a daybed in here so when my daughter and her hubby come over I have to move out my sewing table which is OK I don't sew while they are here anyway. And I don't have to clean it up if I don't want to.....

quiltnewby05 Wish I could help ya but I don't know enough to answer that question I can barely follow a pattern

I am making progress, at least I don't have to make dinner Hubby is grilling steaks YEA

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Poor *T* must be really sad with out her computer! I miss seeing her post! Sure hope she is well~

Return to “Sew ins”