Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Good Morning on this COLD Oct,18 Day!!!!! 31 degree here!!!!

Daily discussions.
mcmema

Good Morning on this COLD Oct,18 Day!!!!! 31 degree here!!!!

Post by mcmema » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:22 am

Good Morning Everyone!!
Finally Saturday!!! Its been a long week!
Im going to be cleaning and packing to move, and also cooking a big dinner here today.
No time to sew, but every few minutes when I take down time, I crochet, its so easy to pick up and put down!

Whats everyone up to this day??

Hope everyone has a Happy, Blessed day!
Jennie

Thank you SewSew!!!!
Trying to rush the cold weather away and we havent even got the worst of it yet!! LOL!!

luv_2quilt60

Re: Good Morning on this COLD Oct,18 Day!!!!! 31 degree here!!!!

Post by luv_2quilt60 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:33 am

Hi Jennie,
I think I may go to the grocery store..and come home and sew this evening...If I am Lucky..LOL...Have a good Day!

Beverly

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:43 am

Jennie, it is the saturday the 18th of October, I think you are busier than you think you are.LOL

You certainly sound busy for today, hope you are able to get everything done.

Beverly, hope you are lucky and can get some sewing in today. A day without sewing is unimaginable.LOL

I am playing taxi for Victoria again today."UGH" One way or another I WILL get some sewing done.

Ann

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:48 am

Jennie, I have been awake since 1:30 am couldn't sleep, and you freaked me out.... I thought I lost an entire day! LOL In any case, I have to get a manicure today, Jake and Ken are bowling a family doubles tournament this afternoon. Ken is using the bobcat to level out some trouble spots in the back yard. I have cuut out all of the ribbons and stars QIAD quilt I am making for Drew for Christmas and have 2 geese of 168 done!

dforseth

Post by dforseth » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:58 am

I am SO glad it is Saturday. This last work week seemed 6 months long. This afternoon all but two of my kids and grands are coming to for supper. The two that aren't coming live out of town, one out of state, that makes me sad. I have to make a quick run to the grocery store and have my daughter's quilt to work on, it is almost 3/4 quilted. Not bad for a king size that I started quilting on Sunday. I have the ever present laundry to do also.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Saturday.

Debbie
Debbie Forseth
:D

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:01 am

Luv2..I love going groc shopping, I just hate putting it all away!lol I hope you get to sew today!!

Sewsew , I remember those days of being the taxicab mom to 4 kids!! and all going different directions!!I had to keep charts so id know when to take them and when to retreive them!!LOL!!
Thank you for saving everyones day today~ guess i was still sleeping when I wrote this~~!!LOL!

Iowagal, your just tired from not sleeping all nite! I didnt make a mistake, it was your imagineation playing tricks on you honey!!!RAFLOL!!!
Cant wait to see your finished product!! Im always so anxious to see everyones quilts and projects!!
Have fun and sew alot, and get some sleep,or maybe Id better sleep!!LOL!!

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:04 am

What ya cooking good Debbie??

maryq

Post by maryq » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:05 am

Just ducking in for a minute

I''m off to work shortly so no sewing for me today.

Hope y'all have a great day!

will check in later on tonite!

mary

mcmema

Post by mcmema » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:27 am

Mary, I thought you had every weekend off since u changed jobs>>

CaroleJ

Post by CaroleJ » Sat Oct 18, 2008 3:30 am

Hi everybody! It was a nutty week around here, run, run, run...so I am looking forward to sitting on my butt today and getting in some sewing time! May watch some trashy TV later, too, if I need a break.

I am itching to start on my boss' "grandma" quilt. Found some really cute fabric in brights. I am going to alternate the bright fabric with the quotation blocks. The quote blocks will be paper-pieced and will look "wonky"...you know, when the blocks look crooked intentionally? I just wanted to have some fun with this one.

I was at work yesterday to conduct a short seminar, so I sneakily photocopied the pattern I had drawn up. I hope it works. Part of me is saying I should make a practice block, and part of me is saying I should just jump on in and get started!

The sewing area needs some tidying, though, but I can do that while the fabrics are being washed and dried. (Can't believe they have been sitting here since WEDNESDAY and I haven't washed them yet!!)

Return to “Sew ins”