Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Hi

Daily discussions.
rosebud3

Re: Hi

Post by rosebud3 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:09 am

Okay ladies, everyone have a wonderful day. I have to head out to work here in about 15 minutes. Talk to you later.

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:13 am

Everyone sounds very busy today. Cathy so happy to hear from you. Will you be going to Houston?

I just got back from JoAnn's, Hancocks, LQS, picking up Victoria at work, Bath and Body Works, and Borders for coffee. Whew!!!

I found my fabrics for the commission quilt(yeah!!!), bought a queen size package of warm and natural batting for $10.00 (50% off coupon), some fabric for journal covers and tote bags. Victoria bought some lotion at Bath and Body and we got some cold White Maple Mocha coffees at Borders. What a morning of running around.

I have fabrics in the washing machine and I thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing today and I can see we are busy.

Oasis(Linda), what is the "magic" pillowcase? I think I missed that one.

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:43 am

DewDew - all of your running around this morning has made me tired!!! LOL

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:44 am

I don't know who posted it but here is the website:

http://www.operationsupportfordeployedm ... /PCDir.php
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:58 am

I hope with all the groups that do stuff like this for our troops that no one goes without. It seems like there are a lot of groups I hope its enough.

Oasis

Post by Oasis » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:00 am

I know what you mean Caren. The need is so great it is overwhelming. The sites that show the troops faces with these things are fantastic.
Have Fun,
Linda S / OASIS

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:39 am

Winona-the table runner idea sounds good. Another idea for a "guy" present is a throw that is kept in the car. I made one for my nephew and he loves it. It has gone to beach bonfires, been used on cross country trips and he tosses it in a heap over stuff he has sitting in his back seat.

My girls now have ones in their cars too.

The other gifts I have been making are shopping bags out of denim and canvas. Plain for the guys. A few of our local stores give you credit for using your own bags and in the near future a few won't have plastic bags at all. My husband keeps a set of 4 in his car and since he does the grocery shopping it is great. I am seeing more and more people use them here in Southern Calif and my daughter says that all of her friends in Boston bring their own bags to the grocery store too.
I am using the bags as my wrapping for Christmas gifts. Just add a ribbon and it will look great.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:40 am

Beverly....hope the new program works out great for Justin, transistions are tough..

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:44 am

Carolyn the bag as the gift wrap is a great idea!

Evie

Post by Evie » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:55 am

DooRags also make great gifts.

Guys really love jean quilts backed in flannel.

Last year I remember that a lady showed quilted hanger covers which cover the shoulders of shirts and jackets hanging down about 6 inches. I need to get that pattern, DH said he wanted some.

Also, vests. I made my DH a Christmas vest about 10 years ago that he wears once a year to the office Christmas party.

My youngest wants a pillow to match his quilt I made last year.

I like the bag idea!

Return to “Sew ins”