Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday - Oct. 16, 2008 -- Let's do some sewing!

Daily discussions.
Sandy5689

Re: Thursday - Oct. 16, 2008 -- Let's do some sewing!

Post by Sandy5689 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:29 pm

I swear this is two days in a row that I got no sewing done. Well wait that is not true I did manage to get my 2nd mystery nine patch done. I starting to have withdrawal sympotms, though.

Mom had a DR appt this morning then we always go out to breakfast. Had housework and laundry to do, Mom's sister came over and then I went to a movie. I have a movie buddy and we see most of the movies that come out. There were a bunch of good ones released all at the same time so we have already done three this week. Miracle at St Anna was pretty good, made me cry and any movie that makes me cry is a good movie. Sounds like I need to watch the Chihuahua movie.

Tomorrow I am going to a morning movie then plan to sew the rest of the day....hopefully

You ladies that live in the country have some great views....

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:30 pm

Carolyn the kids are home cause its the teachers union convention so they take 2 days off.
Great quilt by the way.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi Everyone!
Carolyn - That really is a lovely quilt! Who could not like a Christmas Quilt?

Caren - Sorry that you have car troubles, better to fix it now though than for you to be stranded with no heater in the winter. That would really be NO fun.

I have been sewing half square triangles for a Birds In the Air Quilt. In the middle of the afternoon I remembered that is one of the blocks I need for the CW quilt. I looked and I do not have enough light fabric to make it so I will have to go shopping. Woe is me!(LOL)

I am going in to watch Grey's Anatomy in a few minutes and sew binding on a quilt.
BB

IowaGal

Post by IowaGal » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:44 pm

I had bowling leaague tonight..I didn't do too well, a 210, 146 awnd a 154.. but my ave is 165 so I guess I made that. I only took 2 of 6 points though, not too happy about that. Tomorrow Beth and I are going to amish country to pick up a couple of calves and we always stop at the amish bakery for cheesecake! I am working on a wall hanging for her for xmas and am not happy with it. The applique pieces are really small. I may toss it and do something else, we will see.

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Jan that is what I use now a pinking blade for my rotary so easy and fast

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:45 pm

IowaGal - Sounds like a good score in bowling to me. My highest score is 127. LOL

A Rotary Cutter with a Pinking Blade sounds like the way to go. Pinking the edge really helps prevent fraying.

Goodnight everyone!!
Carol

Return to “Sew ins”