Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Thursday - Oct. 16, 2008 -- Let's do some sewing!

Daily discussions.
SewSew

Thursday - Oct. 16, 2008 -- Let's do some sewing!

Post by SewSew » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:18 am

Morning everyone!

Where is everyone? Am I the earlybird today?

I am busy doing some sewing room cleaning because I will be leaving in about one hour for the grand opening of the JoAnn's superstore. I have coupons in hand and an empty trunk.LOL

I am working on some journal covers and will post a picture of my newest craft sale item.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Ann

grammiequilts

Re: Thursday - Oct. 16, 2008 -- Let's do some sewing!

Post by grammiequilts » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:36 am

Good Morning I'm working on a top today making cookies and I will miss all of this for the next 3 days....tomorrow a shop hop (a big fart) 12 hours and 7 shops WOOO HOOO...I have cashed in all my pop bottles and coin jar and I'm ready to roll....sat going to a place called Put-in-Bay Ohio...for a winery tour and hanging out with 3 other couples My DH says I need a break from all the hard quilting I have been doing(he thinks?) Love you all Looking forward to some fun reading when I get back.XXXOOO

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:39 am

grammie, sounds like you have a great weekend planned. Hope you have plenty of space to carry back all your purchases from the shop hop. I have only done one, last spring, and DD#3 and I had a blast visiting 12 shops in and around San Antonio, TX. You would have thought we were oldtimers at this, we had our days planned out to make sure we didn't miss anything, our mapquest directions, a full tank of gas and snacks for the road.

Winery tour, sounds like my kind of weekend. DH and I haven't been on one in awhile but I love wine.

Ann

Evie

Post by Evie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:12 am

Good morning!

It's chilly and sunny today. I can handle that a lot better than chilly and wet! DH is happy, he was able to ride his bike to work.

Bit the bullet last night and ordered the Lover's Knot book and the jumbo geese ruler set. I would have a ton of quilts if I would make at least one from every quilt book that I have! LOL I could make this a coffee table book since I know several of the quilt artists featured in there! :^)

Have fun grammie on your shop hop/wine tour! Both of those will make you happy! Hmm sniffin fabric and sipping wine, somebody should combine those two! Bet they could sell a lot more fabric!

Leaving in a little while to get my ears lowered. Son gets out of school early today and wants to take me to see Wallee. He was too embarrassed to go see Hollywood Chihuahuas with me but wants to see Wallee! Go figure!

Need to cut some fabric for blocks so I can sew them up tomorrow.

Good luck Ann! Wear a thick jacket and maybe some knee pads, maybe a helmet will be good protection too! You need to protect yourself from those rabid badgers, I mean shoppers!

SewSew

Post by SewSew » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:26 am

Evie, good morning to you and stay warm.

I am getting ready to head out so I can be there when they open, I hate crowds so I hope it isn't too crazy.

I agree wine and fabric, what could be better.LOL

Have a great day. How was Hollywood Chihuahuas? DH wants to see that one.

Ann

quiltermom91

Post by quiltermom91 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:45 am

I have to be working today (yuck). I posted yesterday that I started a YBR quilt over the weekend and that is where I want to be. I'm so excited to be sewing again. I really missed it.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day sewing, shopping, or if need be . . . working. Laura

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:52 am

Yeah, how was Hollywood Chihuahua's? It looks hilarious on the TV ads.

DewDew - you were the early bird this morning. I know you must be excited about your new big JoAnn's. Have fun there.

Grammiequilts - I know you will have a blast at the winery and your shop hop. Take pictures to share with us.

Everybody else - have a blessed day. Now, I have to get busy here at the office. This job sure gets in the way of my quilting hobby!

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:11 am

Good morning everyone. It's back to work for me today. I'm gonna jump in the shower, get ready for work, and ten to the sewing room for me until time to head out.
Hope everyone has a blessed day today.

xteacher

Post by xteacher » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:32 am

I usually only work on Wednesday, but am filling in for another teacher today and next Tuesday. It will add a few dollars for fabric (or to pay for some of the tile and carpeting I am having put down). It's a rainy, fall day here. The only thing I'd rather be doing is sewing. I'm a little tired today because I stayed up late last night to watch QIAD. I didn't sleep through this one, like I did last week. Tomorrow, I take my cocker to be groomed and need to decide what I will take to work on at our workshop on Saturday. They are doing a stained glass class. I have one in progress from the last time she taught this class, so thought I'd take it to work on, along with some tops that need finishing, borders, etc. OR maybe start on the Christmas cards that I want to try.

jacquie2

Post by jacquie2 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:38 am

Good Morning Ladies -- wow, I woke up in a panic this morning! DD is getting married on Halloween and I woke up thinking it was next week! I still have flowers to order, a blouse to make, hem a pantsuit, finish a quilt top, clean the house, make arrangements for the livestock and train horses. Yes, I realize that is only two weeks away, but at least it is NOT next week.

I was planing on taking my just broke, 3 yr old, to the mountains today, but think I better concentrate on my blouse...so I will be cutting and sewing all day. Keep your fingers crossed that this blouse will fit, I made one practice blouse that was too large, so now I'm starting over. Happy trails, jac

Return to “Sew ins”