Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Howdy all..Oct 15,2008 sew in

Daily discussions.
institcheswithrosie

Re: Howdy all..Oct 15,2008 sew in

Post by institcheswithrosie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:41 pm

I know it's late, but had to say hi. Worked, had a meeting then went to a sit and sew. I got sew much done there. I will definitely go again. The good thing is, I missed all the negativity so I'll just stay dumb, fat and happy. Heck, I don't even know what went on to begin with. I love this group too much to see us have trouble.
Nite all.

Rosie

Tulpje

Post by Tulpje » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:41 pm

:)

My cord broke.
My battery is dying.
Not a good time for this to happen.

I'll message the ones I have cell phone #'s from, if not okay, message me back saying 'STOP"
Only way for me to stay in touch, with Jeff in Europe.

Better sign-off.

Love ya All.

*FluFF's

*T*

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Well I made a lot of headway in the sewing room today. I went through almost a spool of thread!!!! Of course most of that got un-sewn! LOL Everything I have touched today seems like I have dropped, spilled, stitched wrong, I even forgot to turn the oven on when I put my dang dinner in! LOL Now how bad is that!!!!! LOL Oh my. I just should have stayed at the LQS. LOL Tomorrow I am determined to sew all day long and actually get some projects completed! And I am not talking about emptying spools of thread into the waste basket either. LOL Oh well, I am getting good at using a seam ripper. That is progress I guess. LOL

Have a great day tomorrow everyone! Listen closely & if you hear any sounds like "rip it rip it" followed by a string of bad words, it will be me.

Hugs & Love

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:03 pm

Well I am off to sleep. I did get to work on some blocks tonight though and that felt good. I am doing a quilt out of Eleanor's Still Stripping book for someone and following her instructions sure does make it easy to do. I can't wait until I have the top put together then I will take a picture of it to post on here.

Good night for now.

Brenda

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:18 pm

LOL......Cathy sounds like you and I both had one of those days. That's why the ripping sound was so loud. We must have been ripping at the same time which amplified it. LOL

sewcarolyn

Post by sewcarolyn » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:28 pm

I just talked to Susanna and gave her the phone number of a computer service company I use that also covers her area. Make It Work is a great company!

I have her cell phone number and can get in touch with her if needed.

Her medical tests will be back in 2 weeks and then she will finally have the route to go for getting her "plumbing" fixed

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:02 pm

LOL Mary doesn't it just make you more determined to get it right? LOL Then I get frustrated and should walk away from it but noooo. Hard head here keeps at it. I unstitched a pc I sewed backwards, sewed it back on, pressed it then saw that I did the same thing again. Just silly stuff! LOL I had 2 friend that had surgery yesterday. I needed to go be with them today but was running a low grade temp and couldn't. I felt bad about not going to check on them. I went and got a shot so maybe tomorrow. Oh well as I said, I'm getting good use out of the seam ripper. I sure hope you have a more productive day tomorrow!!!!! I will be listening for you. LOL

Hugs

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:27 pm

It sure does Cathy. I'll get an opportunithy to work for an hour or two before I go to work tomorrow. Store mgr changed all the supv's schedules again. It gives me more time off at one time but it sure messes up the sleep patterns. I'm getting up at all sorts of weird times now, so I sew when I can't sleep as well as days off.

One nice thing happened though with all the ripping out......I figured out an easier way to get that 'football' put together...and I dont have to use the y seam technique. Yippeeeeeeeeee.

Return to “Sew ins”