Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Howdy all..Oct 15,2008 sew in

Daily discussions.
SewSew

Re: Howdy all..Oct 15,2008 sew in

Post by SewSew » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:34 am

Today I finished up a set of potholders and a journal cover. I spent the afternoon playing taxi for DD#3 and going to the grocery store to pick up some salad stuff for dinner tonight.

Does anyone watch Project Runway? Tonight I plan on watching the finalee so I have some handwork that needs to be done in front of the tv.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:01 pm

I have been doing handwork in front of the TV too. Isn't that what TV is for, doing handwork??

MAWmum

Post by MAWmum » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:21 pm

eve'n all!

I have been buzy all day and I didn't do that much. SIGH!

played school bus, did my PTA duty on the board, and called a couple clients. I feel like I have been in the dang car all day, oh wait I was in the dang car all day.

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:43 pm

if we all keep posting fun stuff won't all the neg stuff just disappear{{{{POOF}}}}}}

beccasmom

Post by beccasmom » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:50 pm

Well I started sewing a little bit but my DD needs a bath so I am upstairs waiting for her to get done but she insists on playing with her toys in the tub. doesn't she realize I have quilting to do LOL. I like to be near her even though she is almost 8 just incase she slips in the tub or something.

Sewing will continue after she is squeaky clean.

Brenda

Sandy5689

Post by Sandy5689 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:25 pm

Haven't gotten a thing done today. Had to take Mom for a perm and haircut.
We had an interesting hour this afternoon. My daughter and her husband have decided to do the "foster to adopt" route to have children. The home study is done, license has been issued and they have just been waiting for a phone call. Got the call this afternoon. Three month old baby girl named Jasmine. Isn't that a fabulous name... The baby is healthy and with her grandmother. Her parents dumped her and walked away. Their loss, our gain. WE ARE SOOOO EXCITED Unfortunately this precious one is not our child. When the social worker picked up Jasmine she had to go straight to the hospital, she was in severe respiratory distress. The poor baby is allergic to cats and dogs. My daughter and her husband have 5 cats and 2 dogs.
Amazing how much it hurts to lose someone you have only known about for an hour and haven't even seen. Our baby is out there and will come along soon, I am sure

CoyoteQuilts

Post by CoyoteQuilts » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:09 pm

Beccasmom, I know what you mean about kids in the tub, even though they are old enough. I use to yell into my daughter "Are you still floating in there?" and she use to get soooooo mad at me. "Of course, I'm still floating!!!!!!!", she would say. Now that she has 2 of her own she wonders how I ever let her alone in the bathroom at all!!!

Sandy5689, Friends of ours went this route to adopt. They have been fosters for about6 years now. They have adopted 1 boy shortly after they started with foster care. They just 'lost' another child they were up to adopt because a grandparent 'decided' (after almost a year) that she would keep the child. This was the 3rd or 4th child that they had gottten to the point of adopting when a family member finally decided that they wanted custody. My prayers go out to your family to have a successful adoption.

Sharon V.

ilovetosew

Post by ilovetosew » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15 pm

I sewed all afternoon and made a table runner of 3 blocks, but I don't know the name of the blocks to tell you what it is. I haven't got enough of the dark brown I want to use as a border, so I have to wait for a trip to the fabric store to finish it. Once that border goes on, there is a lighter border to go around and then some pumpkins and vines with leaves get appliqued on. Looks nice in the picture! I'll quilt it on my long arm machine when I get my customer's quilt done. Janie

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:08 pm

Well, I made some headway today. I now have 19 of the football sections complete. and 18 arc sets ready for the background to be added.

Cathy32078

Post by Cathy32078 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:40 pm

Sandy5689 that perfect child is out there for your kids. It may take a while but just make it a matter of prayer. My DS & DDIL went that route 6 yrs ago. They were told it would probably be a yr wait. 2 mos. later they got a call and within 20 min. a little preemie baby boy was brought to their home. A yr later the legalities were done and they finally got him adopted. 3 yrs later another little newborn was brought to them. Yall remember baby Riley. This caring group prayed for our family and after a very tense, long, almost 2 yrs they got him adopted. So hang tight. Believe, have faith & it will happen one day.

Hugs & Love

Return to “Sew ins”