Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Happy Monday November 12, 2012

Daily discussions.
Joannequilts

Re: Happy Monday November 12, 2012

Post by Joannequilts » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:18 am

My goodness, you all are up and running this morning already!! I was up at 5am with my RArther! lol! Since I'm off the meds for surgery, it's back to waking me up from sleep again..ugh. So I've been reading the posts but my hands took awhile to get moving so I could type!

The temp here is dropping fast..it's been raining since 5am and the temp went from 59 deg. to 52 deg..and will end up at 28 deg. overnight..BRRRRR!

Earl is just now coming back from the barber..he was gone awhile, so Pete must have been open today. He just walked in and said it was steady busy..I told him he was "beautiful"! lol! We will go to Medary's Market this afternoon, when it stops raining. Need to get some basics for my "recovery" time. No Mama's Grill for awhile.

I watched the 10 minute tablerunner video yesterday..looks easy!! And I have LOTS of Christmas fabric in yardage that will be perfect!! What great gifts they would make..I'm thinking about making them for the "kids"..we have 8 adult "kids" and their spouses and I usually make small stuff for each of them..and this is perfect! Thanks Judi!!!!

If you could, would you say a little prayer for me tomorrow during my surgery? It's at noon and will be three hours..and three hours in recovery. After that they will dump me in the car and take me home..lol! Not sure when I'll get back on here..have to see how it goes. Thank you!

Joanne

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:32 am

Happy birthday Chickie. Hope you have a fabulous day.

Dolores bummer about your machine.

Maryz sounds like a perfect volunteer position.

Chriss hope you feel better soon. So nice of Jerry to share it with you.

Maryq hope you get a day off.

Sharona hope your Blah goes away soon. Sometimes I get in those moods too.

Wild woman (Sue) I'll have to go check out the pictures.

Cindy sounds like fun had by all.

SharonS cabin in the woods sounds like a perfect place to be.

Karlene sounds like you've been busy. I go check out the link.

I'm at work, but hope to get a little sewing down later.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lori
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:33 am

Happy Birthday to Sonya too. Have a big piece of cake for me.
Lori 8-)

lucieshouses

Post by lucieshouses » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:22 am

Happy Birthday Chickie!!!!! I had made a mental note last week not to forget your day and Lori just reminded me.

Are you 29 again? Hope you get to celebrate doing something fun.

We used to ask my dad what he wanted for his birthday and he would say...peace and harmony! I would say...more fabric and a weekend quilting retreat or a quilting cruise would be great!!

Wishing you all the best of life. Love, Lucie

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:29 am

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I’m, with you, Lucie—I want time to stay in my sewing room uninterrupted!!! A quilting retreat would be delightful, too! Yep, 29 again for the umpteenth time! Lori—thank you! So far I’m doing laundry, but I do hope to get to sew and maybe out for Mexican food this eve (since it’s Monday that’s probably the only place open).

Joanne—that was our yesterday! We went from 70 at midnight to 26 last night with icy rain and bitter cold wind. Hang in there and throw on an extra quilt! I will be thinking about you and saying prayers for a successful surgery and speedy recovery! You have a wonderful family to step in and take care of you!

cindyg

Post by cindyg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:37 am

Chickie - HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Have a marvy day.

toekeyotow

Post by toekeyotow » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:36 am

Stopped by real quick to read what everyone is up to and noticed it's Chickie's Birthday

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you.

Got to keep moving or else I won't get anything done.

Joan

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:47 am

back to read...Cindy the machine i had cleaned was NOT computerized...way before then it was an old kenmore...I traded it is for my Designer II.

Thanks mary for the warning,,,Colleen called this morning to warn me also....we are hopeful that it will not be too bad because we are quite a bit south of you folks. But the Hi tomorrow will be if we are lucky 38 that is the high,

Happy Birthday Miriam....hope you get lots of quilty time today.

Jo Sending prayers and good thoughts for tomorrow....Hope yo hear from you as soon as you can. sending love too...

suzette58

Post by suzette58 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:23 am

Afternoon everyone.
Well, this afternoon I have gotten all the names on the cuffs of the Christmas stockings. Since I am using felt I am not going to double it like El's directions tell you to do. I believe it would be to thick. After I got all of them done I decided to sweep my studio and put a few things away. I have also been working on my quilt pictures in Photobucket. I would like to have them put in a book. Photobucket does them and there are lots to choose from. Have a great day

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICKIE!!!!!

Suzette
Suzette

womster

Post by womster » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 am

Miriam - happy birthday! I know you'll have a grand day.

Return to “Sew ins”