Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Wednesday May 22

Daily discussions.
auntjana

Re: Wednesday May 22

Post by auntjana » Wed May 22, 2024 1:08 pm

Judi -
I am so with you on office staffs. Having dealt with them during Michael's round with Covid, then the next year with his heart surgery, I have learned much on the way our health system we use. The staffing here has no idea of how to access each situation. They follow the same script, no matter what. Our check up appointments are far out, but if we need something sooner, there's a triage nurse that can get us through sooner. But for the most part, Michael's recovery has been set back numerous times due to office staff - especially his diabetic care. And I won't get started on how some Dr's treat the patient with a corporate script too! We have found that the PA's and nurse practitioners are so much more knowledgeable and helpful. Ours are more readily available too. But all this is the result of a law, passed by congress that mandated the way coverage is provided and no matter was is tried, we can't get it fixed or rid of!

OK no more soap box

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 22, 2024 5:13 pm

Jana, are you sure you don't want to join in the hexie group? lol I have a couple Accuquilt dyes that cut so you can sew on the machine rather than by hand. However, the one I'm doing now is by hand. Glad the kids house is coming along. I bet they are excited to live in a new house.

Tina, it's too early for it to be that hot. Ugh!

Chriss, I have to lay on the mattress and try it out. I could never buy one on the internet. Hope you get something you like. I'm sure the A/C units will sell once it get hot.

Sharona, hope the dermatologist can help with the hair and nails. I've never tried the washable rugs, but someone said they didn't like them because they curl up on the corners and don't lay flat. I don't remember who that was.

Maryz, I washed the bedroom curtains yesterday. They were dusty at the top. Did you get the new bed?
I don't think I could go back to a queen. I like space when I sleep. The cat sleeps on the bed, and sometimes the boys like to get up too. A king with a twin at the bottom would be ideal for everyone.

Judi, my hexie quilt was in the closet for years. They just sit patiently and wait. lol

I went to sew with friends today. I took my hexie quilt and got a little bit done. I'm on a mission now.

I think orange chicken and rice is on the menu for dinner.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

grammiequilts

Post by grammiequilts » Wed May 22, 2024 5:20 pm

Lori mine is back in the closet...waiting patiently for me to resume it....xxxooo

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 22, 2024 5:37 pm

Maryz, my hexies are 1 inch.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Sew ins”