Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Sunday, March 10th, 2013

Daily discussions.
ScrappyQuilter01

Re: Sunday, March 10th, 2013

Post by ScrappyQuilter01 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:05 am

Guess I'll just say "HI" to everyone this morning......had a long post written then poof it was gone.....Hope everyone has a great quilting day or whatever you have planned for today.

ScrappyPat

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:28 am

Good morning girls. I overslept this morning, so I will stay home from church today.

Maryq, sorry you have to work today, but hope it goes by quickly. Have a good day.

Suz, how funny about throwing away the alarm clock. I need to sneak over to photos and take a look at all the new quilts. I did see the ones you posted from the quilt show. My favorite is the turquoise one.

Pat sorry you lost your original post. One day, a few weeks ago, someone said you could use the control z (or something like that) to bring back what you lost. Maybe whoever posted that will remind us what control function to use and we can write it on a post-it note and paste it on the computer or desk where we won't lose it. I wasn't able to find a link to keepsake for that nail thimble. I'll just have to keep trying.

Mary/Rosebud

Marilynsgrammy

Post by Marilynsgrammy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:35 am

Good morning.. another great day today...it's supposed to get warmer today too.

Chickie.. you're so right... if it's Marilyns money it gets spent more cautiously, if it's my money it flies out the window... I thought I had spent her giftcard online for Kohls then Kohls gave me 15% off so mow the card has a balance of $3.?? ugh, will it ever end?

SpotMurphy... welcome to the forum.. hope you come back often... I haven't made El's GFG quilt block but don't think it would be stiff.. the stabilizer (fusible) she uses is very thin.. you won't even know it's there.. others here who have made that block can help you much more than I can.. your question from yesterday's sew in will be answered soon, these girls are amazingly helpful...

Teresa, glad you had a fun time..

Lois.. wow, a free day.... the possibilities are endless...

Suzette, I bet the top hat pattern is adorable.. I have thought of shoes, purses, dresses but never hats... it will be a great quilt, I am really looking forward to it.

Maryq.. sorry you have to go to work and that the lights went out... but a baked potato sounds wonderful with lots of sour cream... hope work goes quickly, and when your shopping for your SP you should pick up a thing or two for yourself... you deserve a thing or two...lol

Kathy, you could build a snowman...too bad the plows leave a pile of snow at the bottom of the diveways but I guess there really isn't much else they can do with it...

Chrissy, give Mo a hug from me.. and save me some soda bread.

Judi, wonder what the picture the steeple jacks are painting will be? happy hexi sewing.. I have basted scads more and am ready to start sewing them all together... I have about 300 to put together and need a ton more for this quilt... I also made a box of scraps from all the scraps you sent.. any thing smaller than 2 1/2 inches goes in that box.. not sure what I will do with them but I will think of something.

Velda, there's always a treasure in the QIAD clearance fabrics.. I bought fabric there for the ugly swap in the past... that was a fun swap...

Sharona, is DH using a snow blower? guess he's back to his old self?? great news.... what will you do with your day???

Scrappy Pat, hi back atcha

MaryRose... if you use Bing or Google type in silver heart thimble or whatever it is you're looking for and it will bring up web images... look at the pictures to see what you're wanting... Ido it all the time looking at quilts....

and I need to get into the shower, dont' want to stink up the church...DH is making tamale pie for dinner and I want to play in my room.. I have my SP package ready to go and want to get it into Monday's mail...I am also fiddling with scraps....

hope you all have a wonderful day.
Chriss
Proverbs 4:11-12

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:52 am

Good morning!

The trash can is the start of a good day with an alarm clock! The sun is shining brightly here - the rain has gone east, but more is expected in a few days. We will be warming up as the wind is coming from the south across the desert.

Didn't get much sewing done yesterday - just all the uglies that have been staring at me - they are done and this house had better stay clean!! LOL

Update on my FIL - he is back at the assisted living where he lives, but can't even remember how to dial a telephone - such a sad place in life to be in. Matt and Crenda will take a trip down to see him in a few weeks - use some of Matt's flyer miles and take Emma too.

The kids started taking stuff over from the storage unit to their new house - it will be a slow process in moving, as this week end they are singing in a Easter Cantata - in SLC. Practice has been going on for months and the choir is over 300 people! We have tickets for Saturday afternoon.

So I am half ready for Church today - and can goof off until time to leave -
Have a great day!
Hugs
Jana

purrfect-lady

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:02 am

Good Morning! Happy Sunday!

I've read it all! You guys are all my day-starter. You and coffee. But DH, Snickers, Spoiled Kitty, and the squirrels are nagging me to get fed, so for now this will be short!

Hi to all! and have an awesome day!

mary z

karpet

Post by karpet » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:36 am

Good afternoon to all,
I got ready for church by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin this morning - I've caught my first bug of the season and am feeling a little punk. I think David had resigned himself that I wasn't feeling good enough to go, so he was a little surprised that after having some coffee, I got myself ready on time. We did not stay around after and do any chit-chat though!

Victoria had some news for me the week after the wedding, and a visit to the doctor on Friday has confirmed it - she's going to be a mom in November!She is very excited and Rich is still in shock. It just seems like yesterday that I was holding my babies, now I'll get to hold my baby's baby - wow!

I agree w/ others - the alarm clock in the trash is strangely appropriate! Especially today with losing an hour.

Have a great afternoon
Karlene

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:55 am

Good afternoon! We have two more calves today! One is by my Timi and is a sweet little milk chocolate bull. The other is a white cow's calf and is not doing too well. She had a long labor, and she and calf especially are exhausted. Hope the calf will get better! DS1 has been over to check on it and may take it home with him for special feeding.

It's cold and cloudy here today, so it was very easy to sleep in! I did my yoga and have laundry going between cooking brunch and checking cows. I hope to make it to my sewing room today. This evening we are going to DS2's for a birthday dinner for DGS.

Mary-Rosebud & Kathy--I have some #12 Coats and Clark quilting needles that bend on the first stitch. My John James big eye #11 are much stronger. I really like those little 12s but sure go through them fast.

Pat--thanks for the info on the thimble! I may have gotten mine from Connecting Threads 20+ years ago. I checked Keepsake and didn't find them... I was hoping...

Congratulations, Karlene!!! So much excitement!!! Surprise!!! Keep us all posted!

Have a great day, All!!!

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:07 am

Good afternoon from sunny, warm, SW. Pa....Perfect spring ahead weather but I'm sure just a tease, winter hasn't left us........

I agree with throwing the alarm clock in the garbage...We've never used an alarm and just have the clock to see the time...But, when I went to bed at 1:30, old time, Jim needed to make a potty trip, so I just happened to mention, the clock needed changed....What a project, neither one of us knew how to fix it, had the darn radio blasting and noises coming from that clock that I had never heard....All this at 2:00 in the morning....Finally, unplugged it and started from scratch...By then, 3 furbabies thought it was time for breakfast......In a way, I was kind of glad to get up this morning.....

We went to Mass and then stayed for a pancake breakfast and it was great...Nice to see and get everyone back together again.....Later we're going to Jim's aunt's 100th birthday party...She is his late mother's sister and his Mom had lived a month short of being 100....This aunt keeps telling us she's going to live another 5 or so years and in fact, just adopted a 2nd puppy to keep her company......

And on that note, someone just said, are you ready to go?????

My best to all, good thoughts and prayers for those in need.....

Have a great day.................

rosebud3

Post by rosebud3 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:30 am

Chickie, I found one on smallwondersjewelry.com called silver nail stitcher's tool. Is it the one you are talking about? Hope the calf is okay.

Mary/Rosebud

FarmChick

Post by FarmChick » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:52 am

Mary-Rose--Oh, yes! That is it exactly!!! I must get another!!! Thank you for finding it!!!

Jacquie and Jules--Happy Mothers' Day to you!!! And to your mums, too!!! I saw on my calendar this is your day!!!

Return to “Sew ins”